Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

28 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

It's pretty par for the course here TBF. Instead of having a debate about whether Kane would fit into our system, people just go for lazy personal attacks. It's pretty boring, but there are a couple of posters who you can have a conversation with, so I just ignore those who seek validation by parroting what the majority are saying without actually saying anything.

No fault of yours for posting absolutely bizarre shit. It's all on us. You described pretty much the anti-particle of Harry Kane.

Best of luck to him if he goes. Came at a time we were desperate and even though he didn't score many goals he definitely helped with our relegation battle and had a part to play in where we are today.

Not good enough for us but I hope he succeeds at Forrest.

Not wanting Kane is a pretty incredible take like. :lol:

He's the best English striker of his generation and very likely to go on and break the PL goalscoring record which has stood for 17 years, so turning your nose up at him whilst he's still in his prime is somewhat bold. I love Wilson, but Kane would be an instant upgrade on him in almost every way and would take our forward play to another level.

Not that there's a cat in hell's chance we sign him, but that's another story.

NUFC.com are saying Nottingham Forest would need to free up one of their two loan spots (taken up by Henderson and Lodi).

I'm sure it used to be that the limit was two domestic and two from abroad - but this does seem to now be two maximum in total at any time (and max 4 over a seaso ). If it's true they're looking at a loan - they'd have to either purchase one of the above two or terminate one of the loans.

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

It's pretty par for the course here TBF. Instead of having a debate about whether Kane would fit into our system, people just go for lazy personal attacks. It's pretty boring, but there are a couple of posters who you can have a conversation with, so I just ignore those who seek validation by parroting what the majority are saying without actually saying anything.

Honestly I think the response tells you everything you need to know. Your opinion was deemed wildly inaccurate, on pretty much every level. There is no debate point here, your opinion is absolutely crazy and inaccurate on every front (in seemingly everyone else’s opinion). I don’t know what kind of debate one anticipates from that. 

I can understand the idea that you would want to sign a player not only because they're a great talent, but because they fit into the system and would work well with the existing squad.  Not every good player will fit Howe's team or style.

I don't think Kane's that player though - he's lethal in front of goal, works his bollocks off, seems to be a good character and is a team player.  I actually think he'd be a perfect fit for this system, with two wide forwards pressing and taking advantage of when he takes a deeper role, and then having a world-class finisher with the number of chances we create in the area when he's in there.

The point is moot, as Spurs would only sell for insane money and Kane would only sign for insane money, and we're not in that market.

Edited by TheBrownBottle