Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

He'd just have one year left on his contract in the summer? £15m for a 31 year old Wood with his contract running out sounds like a truly terrible deal for Forest :lol:

Can't begrudge Leicester for wanting at least double that for Maddison with the same contract situation then I guess :dontknow:

Just now, Nobody said:

He'd just have one year left on his contract in the summer? £15m for a 31 year old Wood with his contract running out sounds like a truly terrible deal for Forest :lol:

Can't begrudge Leicester for wanting at least double that for Maddison with the same contract situation then I guess :dontknow:

We would snap their hands off, Shirley. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He’s gonna single handedly keep them up, like he did for us. 

7 hours ago, Geordie Magpie said:

Exactly this, hasn't bagged loads of goals and has missed a couple of sitters but he's done an alright job, similar to when we had Daryl Murphy, chipped in with an odd goal here and there, came on when needed and ran his socks off.

If he's leaving we now only left with 2 strikers so surely a replacement is on its way

Wood made Daryl Murphy look like Zlatan.

8 hours ago, Geordie Magpie said:

Exactly this, hasn't bagged loads of goals and has missed a couple of sitters but he's done an alright job, similar to when we had Daryl Murphy, chipped in with an odd goal here and there, came on when needed and ran his socks off.

If he's leaving we now only left with 2 strikers so surely a replacement is on its way

Murphy made 18 appearances and scored 6 goals, he's basically Aguero compared to Wood ffs :lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

In the Championship. Wood scored 27 in the same season 

I was comparing their records for us only - fully aware that Wood's largely been a really good goalscorer at basically every club other than us.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

BTW I can see Wood scoring 10+ in a season for Forest if they play to his strengths (and play him regularly).  He was a really poor fit for us this season (Eddie's Gegenpress Mags is not really the place for strong but immobile centre forwards)

I’m not so sure. He wasn’t exactly on fire in Burnley’s side. 

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

15m plus the loan fee (likely 2-3m)? Absolutely mental business if we manage to get that.

No chance they will be stumping up £15m for him, regardless of how he performs. Maybe the loan fee plus £5m if they stay up, which would still be an excellent outcome for us.

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’m just not sure what makes people think he’d score good in any system at top level. He attacks the ball poorly and doesn’t seem to have any instinct for finding space. 

He’s not a poacher, Wilson hunts goals, Wood skies chances into the atmosphere.

Wood is, a great teammate, tries his best, does (to the best of his ability) what Howe instructs him to do and came here to move the club forward. 

The lad did what was asked of him and played a part in getting us to survival and now a top 4 position + Semi Final. 

Wish him luck at Forest.

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I’m just not sure what makes people think he’d score good in any system at top level. He attacks the ball poorly and doesn’t seem to have any instinct for finding space. 

His record basically. He was a 1 in 3 striker when we signed him.

Genuinely hope that Forest stay up and that Wood plays a role for them in keeping them up. Would be great for him and us if they make it permanent. I struggle to figure out how he’s going to get lots of goals as I think we were set up pretty well to help him score. I don’t know what his xG was per game but I’m sure he scored way under it. The Forest fans think they’re getting someone great in the air and they’d be correct if the sole criterion was actually winning headers.

Anyway, thanks Wood, will always think of you fondly, provided you don’t come back 

13 hours ago, simonsays said:

So, we bought him for £25m on a 2.5 year deal.  1 year down means amortisation of £10m and we are getting £15m for him.  Does that mean in FFP terms he has cost us nothing?

Not quite nothing but accounting for his wages (£100k/week for about a year) it's not far off. Might even end up with a proper profit depending on wage contribution and the loan fee #maths