Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Relatively happy with this, we need a striker immediately and everyone knows it and thinks they’ve got us over a barrel. He’s got an OK scoring record, weakens a direct relegation rival, is available immediately for selection, let’s others play in there proper position, knows the league, buys us breathing space to negotiate with others during the rest of the window.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I really don't see the issue with Wood, has scored double figures in the premier league 4 seasons in a row in a BURNLEY team.

3 goals this season - 3 goals.  

Wood always seems up for a battle on the pitch (defending and attack), he always seemed to score against us, weakens them (even if he's not in form) and hopefully he bangs in 5+ goals before Wilson comes back and earns us 3 points against teams we should beat.

Underwhelmed but clearly we're in a stage of desperation and we need bodies in before Watford and need someone with presence who can actually keep this team within a shape as a focal point. Good signing, fee is wild, but could not give a single fuck what we pay for any player anymore.

Big picture thinking must prevail ... do whatever it takes this season to stay up. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Guess £20m for someone who gets double-figures a season (up to this season) is what you’d expect?

You sound like you need some positive re-enforcement and comforting words.

No sir. None of that for you.

If ever I need to prolong bedroom efforts, nothing helps more than picturing Chris Woods scoring for Burnley.

I have a feeling this signing is going to be a pleasant surprise. Brings a bit of physicality, shithousery to us and can score goals. Also helps that he has premier league experience, and is a threat from set pieces. I desperately want us to go for highly talented players from the European leagues, but that can wait. As sad as it is, Chris Wood improves this squad.