Newcastle United 1 - 1 Watford (15/01/2022)

LRD

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

If you look at the numbers, we had 52% posession, so hardly dominated. We also had less total shots 12- 18 and less shots on target 1-5. That’s not good enough. 

Again…if you look at the stats for 60 mins we were dominant (which is what I said).

Then the mistakes kicked in…

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Again…if you look at the stats for 60 mins we were dominant (which is what I said).

Then the mistakes kicked in…

We where dominant without really looking like scoring a second.

Edited by SUPERTOON

The crowd is premiership quality, the team unfortunately is championship quality.

We are down as too many are not good enough, dont believe enough and playing in front of that crowd seems to be a burden.

Howe I am really disappointed in.  Great at talking the talk but results have been dire!

I went to half time thinking we were doing pretty well, but just with the worry that we never look like scoring very often. Watford were pretty terrible. 

When we scored that feeling really continued, that we deserved it but we wouldn’t get a second. 

I didn’t necessarily think Watford would score but it was always a possibility. I think overall we were the better team, albeit with the usual negatives. 

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Here's my optimistic take: Watford's equalizer saved Ranieri's job, allowing Watford's terrible form to continue - worth more than 2 points to us.

The optimistic thing is how terrible Watford look. But we only look a tiny bit better. 

Three or four signings before Everton maybe gives us a chance. But it’ll be difficult to improve our attacking output and fix the defence at the same time. 

Did Watford really have 18 shots? I can remember 3 of note [emoji38] 2 of which came from us fucking about.

It didn't feel like we only had 1 shot on target but that's definitely not good enough. We had many 'opportunities' but as is always the case fucked them up. People getting in the way of passes etc. So frustrating.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Did Watford really have 18 shots? I can remember 3 of note [emoji38] 2 of which came from us fucking about.

It didn't feel like we only had 1 shot on target but that's definitely not good enough. We had many 'opportunities' but as is always the case fucked them up. People getting in the way of passes etc. So frustrating.

Not a chance they had 18 shots 

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We basically ceded possession from the half time whistle. And started to lose our grip just before half time. Cool feature I didn’t know it had that 

I don't think that was by design, like. Seemed like a combination of a bit of 'what the fuck do we do now?!' after the goal, players getting tired, and Watford actually trying to press a bit that had us sagging back.

Plenty of us said before this week we needed at least one centre half before this game to win it.  And we’re internet gobshites - not paid professionals. 

Lascelles is absolutely fucking useless - and Schar isn’t far behind.  Their uselessness eventually forces the team back to cover their nervous incompetence.

Howe has been dealt a shite hand - but even with that, I’m struggling to see where the improvements are.  He’s now gobbled up all the remaining ‘winnable’ home games.  Those PowerPoints must’ve have been very impressive.  Criticism of the manager is justifiable in its own context, regardless of what came before.  

If the club are to have any chance of staying up, those in charge need to stop fucking about and pay the ridiculous fees being requested.  We could’ve strengthened in the summer at a more reasonable price if KSA had resolved the piracy issue.  But they didn’t, so now we’re bent over a barrel.  Either pay over the odds for what we need, or prepare for the second division - and somehow hope that the PL don’t change more rules in our absence which will in all likelihood kill other plans stone-dead. 

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Fraser is shit mind. I wish he wasn't but he really offers fuck all.

Was I drunk or is that a strange player to hone in on? Felt like he did his job until he went off today. 

Just now, wormy said:

Was I drunk or is that a strange player to hone in on? Felt like he did his job until he went off today. 

Was going to say myself, thought he did an alright job today, and he had a decent relationship with Trippier.

22 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I don't think that was by design, like. Seemed like a combination of a bit of 'what the fuck do we do now?!' after the goal, players getting tired, and Watford actually trying to press a bit that had us sagging back.

Tiredness was massive IMO. We know Longstaff, Dummett, Shelvey and ASM are basically on their backs after about 65 minutes. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Was going to say myself, thought he did an alright job today, and he had a decent relationship with Trippier.

:thup: Felt like about the only player to be somewhat on his wavelength. 

Edited by wormy

Shit result and shit performance tbh from both the playing and managing staff. First half we were better despite not creating anything clear cut. Second half we got the goal...then decided to sit off. With our defensive record. That's on Howe imo, I am still behind him and still like him but that's on him for me. That second half was pathetic. 

We have a gargantuan task on our hands. I'm not going to go 'ohhh we're 100% certain to go down' but it's looking a tall order without at least 3 or 4 new signings coming in.