Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

When he's on form you can really notice the difference a player like Bruno makes. 

Same thing against Sheffield Utd. He was just levels above them. 

Fair play to him as he looked short of fitness and sharpness in the first few games and looks like he's been doing oxygen tents etc to help catch up to peak fitness. 

He's got an unbelievably high ceiling. 

Only held back really by his lack of pace/athleticism but it's less of an issue when he's at his peak sharpness and fitness. 

A very very nice reminder for some. Absolutely top class player who's a level above most. You can talk all you want about his lack of pace defensively at times. I wouldn't swap any of his better attributes for a bit better recovery pace. Get the balance and tactis right and it wont be a problem. Have the right setup with the right type of players around him and he will just boss it. His little touches here and there, his neat flicks and progressive passing and his movement in one two's is just a class above. He is more press resistant than a vacuum bag. Unbelievable. If i was one of the other top top teams then i'd easily pay 100-150m for him. Build the team around him, he's the foundation of our future. Having said all this, even i almost had forgotten how fucking good a footballer he is. First time i thought our midfield looked balanced in the 2nd half with Joe, Tonali and Bruno. Did look much more correct positionally both on and off the ball. They have barely played together but there's massive potential there if we can get it right on regular basis. Get a prime HBA type of RW and we are more than well on our way.

He is a player who needs to feel the love, which is why Newcastle’s decision to acquiesce to his team’s desire for a release clause in excess of £100m and agree a new long-term contract makes sense. The pay bump is reward for a player who has been a game changer at St James’ Park and as his mood has improved so too have his performances.

For all the debate about how long it will be until someone triggers that clause and takes him from Newcastle, it shouldn’t be forgotten that his current club have ambitions to win things. The sneaking suspicion of the hierarchy is that he feels such a connection he will stay as long as those goals remain attainable.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/bruno-guimaraes-new-contract-newcastle-policy-release-clause-2648260

On 25/09/2023 at 15:56, Tiresias said:

I don't get the angst over a release clause. Of course if be upset if real Madrid came in and got him but we're not a club that won't bother replacing the best player any more, it'll be gutting if he goes but that is the nature of financial fair play until we have much higher commercial income we will cash in i suspect then buy the next Bruno for half the price (well preferably before)

Yeah, I don't fear losing the guy if it comes to it to be honest. Says the release clause will be in excess of £100 million.

The money won't be pocketed by the owners while we're left short, as we just don't function that way anymore.

The fee will all go towards strengthening the team, and we'll continue to grow from there.

For what it's worth, if we continue on the current trajectory, I think it will still take a really unique situation for him to even be looking to leave at all.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I don't fear losing the guy if it comes to it to be honest. Says the release clause will be in excess of £100 million.

The money won't be pocketed by the owners while we're left short, as we just don't function that way anymore.

The fee will all go towards strengthening the team, and we'll continue to grow from there.

For what it's worth, if we continue on the current trajectory, I think it will still take a really unique situation for him to even be looking to leave at all.

My heart tells me only Real Madrid. I choose to listen to it.