Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

59 minutes ago, Nine said:

Can’t see him starting anytime soon tbh. I personally wouldn’t change our current midfield 3 right now, not until an injury warrants it anyway. 

Certainly gets harder for Howe to make the change with each positive result. The change will come as a result of injury/suspension, or a result-affecting bad performance imo. I'm just thankful we've got a bit of breathing space for such a decision though.

Edited by wormy

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Surely some squad rotation for injury prevention is sensible anyway? City are winning every week and making multiple changes in each game.

Yeah, and they have no depth whatsoever either. 

Speaking of Bruno alone, yeah he should start now. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Surely some squad rotation for injury prevention is sensible anyway? City are winning every week and making multiple changes in each game.

There's a bit of a difference between having KDB and Grealish to bring in then Gayle and Longstaff. 

6 hours ago, Outremont said:

He has to come in for Shelvey. Willock makes forward runs and JL7 is undroppable. Shelvey all day. 

That won’t work.

Any midfield needs at least one holding midfielder, and that’s someone who stays deep all the time to support the defenders while giving those sweet passes forward. That’s Shelvey. Joe and Willock are more of box to box or ball winning midfielders. They are the roaming type. Bruno is also a roaming type, and having 3 roaming midfielders at the same time will simply leave you exposed at the back very easily. Won’t happen. 

Not only did Bruno play as the roaming/box to box type with Lyon and Brazil, you can see how we found him inside Everton’s penalty area 2 mins after coming in for a scoring opportunity (but ASM didn’t pass or he would have scored). His off the ball movement is great.  

He’s 100% taking Willock’s spot. 

Edited by Solitude20

12 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

That won’t work.

Any midfield needs at least one holding midfielder, and that’s someone who stays deep all the time to support the defenders while giving those sweet passes forward. That’s Shelvey. Joe and Willock are more of box to box or ball winning midfielders. They are the roaming type. Bruno is also a roaming type, and having 3 roaming midfielders at the same time will simply leave you exposed at the back very easily. Won’t happen. 

Not only did Bruno play as the roaming/box to box type with Lyon and Brazil, you can see how we found him inside Everton’s penalty area 2 mins after coming in for a scoring opportunity (but ASM didn’t pass or he would have scored). His off the ball movement is great.  

He’s 100% taking Willock’s spot. 

Of the 3 'roaming' midfielders you mention, I reckon only 1 of them has there nous and tool set to play the holding role though. And that's Bruno. May not be the best utilisation of his full talents but I reckon he could do it. Not advocating it just saying I reckon he could do it. 

Might need to time to acclimatise which I'm sure is what EH is doing right now with him.

I've been quite vocal about accepting Howe not changing the midfield in its current form, but if one of them has a below par performance I'd like to see Bruno in there without any chance of redemption like :lol: Fuck waiting for suspension or injury.

Howe has planned to ease him in and that decision has been a good one. We've won both games in which he's been on the bench. He'll come into the side eventually, can see it being at West Ham tbh, we've yet to have an away fixture with him available. Will help us look after the ball a lot more. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I personally would start him but I don't have to manage that squad so totally understand why Howe would stick with the same three that have helped us win 3 in a row 

It's a shame we got the injuries we did as I'm sure he would have gotten a lot more minutes if there wasn't the risk of going down to 10 men for a large period of the game

I don't think he'll start and barring a similar set of injuries I think he'll get at least 30 minutes 

*difficult, Bruno. Fucking hell. Just stick him in the reserves already.

lglhnu6ubvh81.jpg

But seriously. :aww: Get the feeling personality played a big part in the kind of players we targeted this January. All seem to have such a great attitude. 

In his six or so minutes of play, Bruno has twice fed ASM into good situations with passes that were delivered quickly and accurately. I'm dying to see more of him.

But I'm now accepting of Howe's reasoning. If he'd instantly pitched in all five of the newcomers, he'd have given the message to the others that they're a bit rubbish. We're going to have to rely on those players to turn in performances at various stages, so their morale and sense of being part of things is important.