Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Mad position to be in, but if Howe sees Bruno and Willock as being the two going for that role, you can't really make a case for Bruno at the moment. :lol: Crazy

I really hope he doesn’t see it like that. Bruno doesn’t score goals and whilst it looks like he is great at carrying it forward and then playing passes and through balls. He is never going to do what Willock does on the ball. 

I think he played in a role similar to Shelvey’s last season and then more of an 8 this season? That was what one of the stat articles seemed to suggest, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

If Fraser misses next week. I can see him maybe shifting Willock, possibly even Joelinton out wide and him starting. Otherwise I can’t see it. 

Joelinton shouldn’t ever play anywhere but where he is now imo 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Joelinton shouldn’t ever play anywhere but where he is now imo 

Oh I agree. I’m just saying the only way I can see it happening. As in I don’t think Bruno will start unless Howe shifts one of the two out wide, due to Fraser being injured. 

Main reason we’re doing well at the moment is that we’re matching everyone in the midfield. Even Rice today had a very tough game against us and was quiet by his standards.

Physicality is a big part of that, J7, Shelvey and Willock are all 6ft+ players, Bruno is 5’10? Howe is probably asking him to improve upper body strength before he gets thrown in. He’s doing the right thing by him.

But he should be getting more than 5 mins.