Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

In terms of consistent impact for the team you are probably right. 

But for me, it is a betrayel against the soul of football to put anyone above an in form Hatem Ben Arfa ;) I will never forgive Alan Pardew.

I think you are right. Ben Arfa is probably the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for Newcastle. 

Cabaye was a good player but a Bruno has so much more to his game. Cabaye really should have stayed, his move was bad for every party.

Ben Arfa wasn’t a team player and didn’t deliver consistently. I remember Cabaye screaming at him in games over his decision making. Personally I’d rank Ben Arfa some way behind both Ginola and Robert.

Bruno miles ahead of both Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

13 minutes ago, STM said:

I think you are right. Ben Arfa is probably the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for Newcastle. 

I loved Ben Arfa but in terms of overall ability to influence a game he was nowhere near Peter Beardsley. I know it’s a cliche but he gets criminally underrated because he wasn’t foreign and is an ugly bastard. 

Ben Arfa was a FIFA Street player.

Absolutely wildly talented and effective on a team of 1.

Loved the kid but noticeably got nowhere of note in his career because he simply didn't fit any given teams mould.

Bruno could fit a multitude of teams and win things. Pointless comparing tbh. Two different types of player and yet Bruno still (I guess) comes out with equal or more goals and assists.*

*Ts and Cs apply #HalfCut

Some straight up horrendous takes on Hatem in here so I won't even get into it.

Bruno washes Cabaye in every sense apart from ball striking technique and its not even close. I have no idea why anyone compares these two players when they are so different. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I love this. Gwarn Bruno tell em. 

(tell me) 

His endurance and fitness is A1. Played every game no?

Didn't play in the 2-0 loss vs Bournemouth. 5 yellow cards. Played every other league game.

10 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I loved Ben Arfa but in terms of overall ability to influence a game he was nowhere near Peter Beardsley. I know it’s a cliche but he gets criminally underrated because he wasn’t foreign and is an ugly bastard. 

Beardsley was unlucky to be at Liverpool during the Heysel ban.  If he had been able to play European football during his peak years he’d have been in the running for European or World Player of the Year.  He’s still the closest thing to Messi that this country has produced.  

10 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And racist ? obviously 

He's my player of the season to be honest, it might be considered splitting hairs, but if we'd lost either Bruno or Gordon for the season, I think without Bruno we might have been fighting relegation. How he's held us together with a youth team player one side and a crocked Longstaff the other for a big chunk of the season has been astonishing. Let alone the period of zero bookings.

Posted (edited)

Hatem's the most talented player I've ever seen wear the b&w (the derogatory 'street ball' comment  :idiot2:...)

Bruno's our best ever CM for me, not particularly close either 

Edited by Roids

1 hour ago, HawK said:

He's my player of the season to be honest, it might be considered splitting hairs, but if we'd lost either Bruno or Gordon for the season, I think without Bruno we might have been fighting relegation. 

This team would collapse without Bruno so dont disagree. Hes just so consistent. Barely have a poor game, and when I say consistent its consistent very good. Could easily be POTS for us.

He's played a lot of full-throttle football over the last couple of years to a very high standard. Personally, I'm sure he stays, but we need to make sure we have enough in the squad to continue to bring out the best in him but, most importantly, protect his fitness.

If he was staying he would have played the rest of the game wearing that hat, and then said it was a mark of respect to NUFC Legend Lee Clark. 

Just now, FLUMPO235 said:

The thread should be locked until the transfer window has opened and closed. Not sure my nerves can take it. ☹️

There’ll be no outgoings for you to worry about other than are Ritchie & Dummett staying!