Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Me too. 

Me three. He may not be blessed with electric pace but his vision, his passing, his struggle the make it as a pro, his infectious personality, his determination make him our leader in so many ways. If we are to finally win something I would like nothing more to see Bruno lifting the trophy.

Edited by OverThere

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

I'd name him captain next season. 

With Lascelles out until Christmas and Trippier looking far less assured of his place, this would be a great time to change it :thup: 

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

With Lascelles out until Christmas and Trippier looking far less assured of his place, this would be a great time to change it :thup: 

There’s no need to change anything.

If none of Lascelles, Trippier or Burn are in a starting lineup, then fair enough, he may be a good shout.

But there’s no need to effectively piss on any of the other three by making Bruno first choice captain. Howe didn’t do it to Lascelles when Trippier came in and I’d doubt he’d do it now.

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Didn't I see someone say Joelinton was given the armband today?

Yeah he had it when trippier went off, then he gave it to Bruno

20 hours ago, jack j said:

Nevermind that just tell us you're staying next season please

Is that a goodbye? 

:scared:

16 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Yeah he had it when trippier went off, then he gave it to Bruno

That's a small example of what I was saying earlier. I realise it doesn't mean a ton, but it's interesting that the armband would be given to Joelinton before Bruno. The team - including Bruno himself - might see it differently to how we do.

Ridiculously arrogant article in the MEN about how Bruno is expected to leave this summer and Manure are the best fit. The Weasel Ashworth will make it happen apparently. They couldn't afford his jockstrap.

2 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Ridiculously arrogant article in the MEN about how Bruno is expected to leave this summer and Manure are the best fit. The Weasel Ashworth will make it happen apparently. They couldn't afford his jockstrap.

Hope they have 100m in cold hard cash ready to pay us in that case. :lol:

Bruno Guimarães is our Brazilian of the 23/24 Season! Newcastle's GUY of the season was chosen by you, podcast listeners, as a highlight in four rounds of this PL. In the tiebreaker, he won with the Correspondents' votes and won the most desired prize of the season!

38 minutes ago, Paully said:

Some Cliff notes:

- Ashworth was the idiot refusing to sign off on Bruno’s new contract so hardly an ideal relationship 

- Ashworth likely won’t be in place for the summer, definitely not within the release clause period

- I don’t think Ineos are a lock to run the club better. Their performance on the last 3 months can best be described as tone deaf and amateurish

- No CL puts them at a huge disadvantage

- £35m budget unless they sell means they aren’t getting close to his release clause without cannibalising their own team 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wait for the Murphy bit ?

Singing Joe White's name. Must make you feel immense to work alongside Bruno!