Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

They will probably buy Aurélien Tchouaméni this summer. Then I read that Kroos and Modric will be in the club for another year. But market price is well around £50m-70m

“It was one of the hardest decisions of my life, I think I went about four days without sleep. I'm not going to lie, I was afraid, yes," Guimaraes told Globo Esporte.

“Even more so because the club was in the relegation zone. But after I got there and did my first workout, confidence went up again. After I started playing, everything started to work out, we ended up in 11th, a team that was second to last.

"The best decision of my life was to go to Newcastle, to the Premier League, I believe it may have been a differential in my call-ups too."

Guimaraes is with his Brazil team-mates as they prepare to take on South Korea, Japan and Argentina in the coming days. The 24-year-old is fighting fit but admits it has been an intense few months.

“As much as I played in Ligue 1, when I went to the Premier League I felt the intensity in the first three games a lot," he added. "It's very different, the hardest league in the world, it's very difficult to play, but it's the league I always wanted to be in, I think every player could play at least a year in the Premier League to see that it's different."

Love this guy's character man. It was such a gutsy call. Absolutely thrilled it worked out so well for him, and now he gets to be the face of the team going forward.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I was reading yesterday he wasn’t actually good at football when he first played, which seems completely insane. 

Aye, but isn't he talking about when he was like 6 years old and he switched from swimming? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

What a year for this stupid fucking winter world cup. Instead of just enjoying that we have a player in the Brazil side we'll be worried about him missing games for us, injury, etc.

Haven’t really been paying attention, will regular season games be cancelled and resume after it’s over?

24 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Haven’t really been paying attention, will regular season games be cancelled and resume after it’s over?

Yes, the league will pause for the World Cup 

"The Premier League 2022/23 season dates have been confirmed.

The season has been adjusted to accommodate the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, which will take place in the middle of the domestic calendar.

The Premier League season will start on 6 August 2022.

Match round 16 will be the last set of matches played over the weekend of 12-13 November ahead of the call-up period for the tournament beginning on Monday 14 November. 

The League will resume on Boxing Day following the FIFA World Cup Final, which takes place on Sunday 18 December 2022.

The final match round of the campaign will be played on 28 May 2023, when all games will kick off simultaneously as usual.

The Premier League fixture schedule for Season 2022/23 will be released on Thursday 16 June 2022 from 09:00 BST."

Played the last 15 minutes of Brazil's 1-0 victory against Japan, coming on for his mate Paqueta.

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2022/06/06/world/friendlies/japan/brazil/3784478/

They've only lost once since November 2019, to Argentina, and that was last summer also to Argentina in a 1-0 defeat.

Bruno's appeared 5 times for Brazil in 2022, but only twice in 2021 and once in 2020. 

I think it's fair to say that the lad must be ecstatic with how his move has worked out so far with his growing importance in the national team coinciding with his scintillating club form.

What an advert he is for other players who want to make a step up, are you watching Hugo?

Edited by HawK

The pedant in me would argue that card is ill written. 

Unless Bruno, actually, loves this kid's Dad it should read... 

"Dad I love you more (than I love) Bruno G..."

But, then again, I get the impression wor Bruno loves everyone 😂