Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I've been watching the club since the early-mid 1980s and never really been one for individual players. Even as a kid I didn't really have any football 'heroes', the stand-out player on the pitch when I first went to St James' was David McCreery. I admired Beardsley, Gazza, Shearer and have always had a soft spot for the more enigmatic players such as Mirandinha, Ginola, Asprilla, Ben Arfa etc.

I think Bruno may just be my favourite all time NUFC player, the way he casually dropped into a relegation battle and just grabbed the whole thing by the scruff of the neck. The mental fortitude, leadership and determination he displays every game. He's priceless to us now and hopefully he'll be our leader for the next 5 or 6 years.

On 26/06/2022 at 21:24, Novocastrian said:

I've been watching the club since the early-mid 1980s and never really been one for individual players. Even as a kid I didn't really have any football 'heroes', the stand-out player on the pitch when I first went to St James' was David McCreery. I admired Beardsley, Gazza, Shearer and have always had a soft spot for the more enigmatic players such as Mirandinha, Ginola, Asprilla, Ben Arfa etc.

I think Bruno may just be my favourite all time NUFC player, the way he casually dropped into a relegation battle and just grabbed the whole thing by the scruff of the neck. The mental fortitude, leadership and determination he displays every game. He's priceless to us now and hopefully he'll be our leader for the next 5 or 6 years.

I mean he's not likely to be favourite player of all time, but I do like what you said about how he casually dropped into a relegation battle and grabbed the whole thing by the scruff of the neck. He's definitely got winner blood flowing through those veins.