Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Can't say I'm on the same page as others saying he was ok before the error. I was going mad at his misplaced passes even from the first half. There was one where he misread a simple Tonali pass that they got an attack going with.

Even Schar has his hands up with that error he mad at the end. Poor.

Just now, Nine said:

Just before the 2nd Howe was screaming instructions at Bruno and then rolling his eyes like he was being ignored.. anyone else notice?

Aye..he shouted at Bruno to fall back. Either Bruno didnt hear him or ignored the instruction and Howe was not happy.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Surprised he was the one left on the pitch out of our 3 starting midfielders.

Said exactly the same on our WhatsApp group. Would have been the first one I would have hooked of the 3. He's been poor since Feb but too many scared to admit that.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

This thread, the Bruno thread, the match thread and the empty seats near the end tell me our "support" is nowhere near as good as it thinks it is and, indeed, is fucking full of entitled, ungrateful, fickle wankers. 

Wrong fans have got in the seats. Bruno has been poor for a while. Only an idiot would disagree with that.

We move on to Brighton.

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

This thread, the Bruno thread, the match thread and the empty seats near the end tell me our "support" is nowhere near as good as it thinks it is and, indeed, is fucking full of entitled, ungrateful, fickle wankers. 

Aren't they the same? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Bit of a knee jerk, he didn't put his stamp on it is all 

I think he was good in the first half, but as all others, not that good in the second. And it was he's mistake that that led to the 2nd goal. Too many times now that he has lost the ball in those sort of areas. Don't know, something needs to be done about it.

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I am really grateful to witness so many misplaced passes or mistakes.

are you serious?

Edited by Zero

He is a big fan favourite and still obviously has some really positive moments of play, a combination of both I believe has seen him take a bit less criticism than others at times. However, sorry to say but unfortunately I am also with the crowd that are critical of him as it stands and this has been the case for me for weeks and in fact at some bits of end of last season, his goal against Brighton at home glossed some of that.

He is far too rash with his shots outside the box, needs to slow the fuck down and play with his brain rather than anger and heart at max limits all the time as that is exactly what is leading the mistakes.

Still has his positive moments as his talent obviously deserves, not saying he hasn't been positive but his form up to the standard he set for us originally has clearly dropped.

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Oh and any talk of a new deal can wait like. No chance he deserves one based on the last 6 months imo.

I do find the whining for a new contract more annoying than his form dip tbh - the timing is spectacularly poor.  There’s an excellent player there in Bruno, and form dips do occur - hopefully this one ends soon.