Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

52 minutes ago, KDT said:

Thought he’d been shite for the last 6 months anyway, why are people worried about a £100m + release clause anyway? Who’s going to play that for someone who should be on the bench.

People’s whinging is starting to cross over to the point they don’t know what bit to whinge about. 

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'm hoping he gets back on it. Seems to be totally off the standard which got him this deal. 

He's playing too deep to be at his most effective IMO, he's not a natural no 6. Even for Brazil he plays alongside Casimero who is probably the more defensive of the duo.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's playing too deep to be at his most effective IMO, he's not a natural no 6. Even for Brazil he plays alongside Casimero who is probably the more defensive of the duo.

That is my thinking too. He needs to be 20 yards further forward, than he typically is. Needs Tonali dropping back (probs not a great solution) or the two of them alternating better than they are currently. 

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

That is my thinking too. He needs to be 20 yards further forward, than he typically is. Needs Tonali dropping back (probs not a great solution) or the two of them alternating better than they are currently. 

Always thought the plan was to play them alternating the double pivot. 

If he goes for that kind of coin, well it’ll be sad but I’m sure we will have profiled players like him. If he proves he’s worth that to someone then he will have done something right for us anyway. Would obviously be gutted if he went like, he’s been my favourite player of the new regime. Having said that, it also protects us from some lowballing cunts throwing in £60 mill next season if we don’t quite make the CL. Pay the release clause or fuck off.

Edited by AJ9

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I think the Bruno and Tonali could work as a double pivot if they both sat deeper, just not sure how they fit together if they are expected to bomb forward as well and press high as well. Do they have the recovery speed to do that?

But I'm not the manager, it might be Howe just needs to get them understanding their roles a bit better. They are both technically good players, maybe it's just them getting to know each other's game that's needed.

A £100m+ release clause is fairly meaningless as if a club came in for Bruno at that price it would come down to player power anyway - if he wanted to go he’d go and it would be seen as fair to all parties.

Its only when a release clause is stupidly low does it cause problems 

Don't forget the influence of agents in these things. Insisting on hefty release clauses means a big payday in the future for them too. I'm certain there's nothing to deduce about Bruno's mentality based on this; there's nothing new - he loves it here but if Real come knocking he'll obviously be away. At least nee one's getting shortchanged if that scenario comes to pass. 

There's about 5 clubs in the world that can afford a £100m player and he's gonna have to play spectacularly well for someone to trigger it.

It's not an ideal scenario but £100m would make a HUGE difference to our long term prospects were it to arrive in our bank accounts.

I'm happy to have this ticked off tbh.

No issue with the release clause, if a club bids that then he's obviously playing in a way that benefits the team greatly. Selling allows us to strengthen, it's going to become necessary with a big player every now and again.

It may well come to pass that we sell him for less than his clause, players have a lot of power.

I don't know if its been discussed already, but did he pick up a knock at the end of the Milan game, or just cramp? Seemed to be signalling that he wanted to come off, then we brought Barnes on and he was very loose with possession.

29 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Great news and the release clause Doesn't bother me really , if he left for 100 million it wouldn’t be bad business anyway .

Trouble is if a club comes in for him last minute in January, we can have as much money as we like then we may have an issue unless we have some insurance in place such as release clause doesn't apply for next 2/3 years .

2 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Trouble is if a club comes in for him last minute in January, we can have as much money as we like then we may have an issue unless we have some insurance in place such as release clause doesn't apply for next 2/3 years .

I'm sure we'll be fine, and have plans in place. 

48 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

There's about 5 clubs in the world that can afford a £100m player and he's gonna have to play spectacularly well for someone to trigger it.

It's not an ideal scenario but £100m would make a HUGE difference to our long term prospects were it to arrive in our bank accounts.

I'm happy to have this ticked off tbh.

Less than 5. Release clauses have to be paid in lump sum, no staggered payments. That is my understanding. That reduces the number of clubs in Europe to PSG and maybe Boehly.