Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

The release clause is going to be out of context as well.

It will almost certainly be a fee upfront scenario, which makes him unaffordable for most clubs.

It will also most likely coincide with us not qualifying for the Champions League and the buying club qualifying for it etc.

It will probably also have time constraints as well, can only happen in summer transfer window, has to happen by July etc.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The release clause is going to be out of context as well.

It will almost certainly be a fee upfront scenario, which makes him unaffordable for most clubs.

It will also most likely coincide with us not qualifying for the Champions League and the buying club qualifying for it etc.

It will probably also have time constraints as well, can only happen in summer transfer window, has to happen by July etc.

Upfront cash wont bother Chelsea Loadsamoney.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Just been reading facebook comments about this (never again). People claiming he's one of our worst players, he's not worth £10m let alone £100m, we wouldn't miss him at all. Our fanbase are weird :lol: 

Just read some of the comments above.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

FFS man :lol:

Can we have Ashley back please?

I'd hate Ashley back, not sure what your point is.

Sorry mate, I'll not mention his poor form over the last 18months... maybe 25 was an exaggeration, but his form since last Christmas has been no where near a player with a 100m value...that's facts.

Not stating to be an expert, it seems like no one can have an opinion on here without ridicule, maybe it's because I'Oregon Geordie', but actually from Newburn and been going to games since 1985...

I'll retreat to the corridors of silence again... my apologies Shearergol.

3 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Great news on the contract, hopefully it settles him down as he obviously plays with a lot of emotion.

We really need him to consistently prove he’s a world class player now

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

He isn’t a world class player, like.  Consistency would be one attribute you’d expect a world class player to have. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He isn’t a world class player, like.  Consistency would be one attribute you’d expect a world class player to have. 

Bacuse he's not at a world class club playing along side world class players on a weekly basis. We are nowhere near that yet, if he was at Man City, Madrid, playing along side world class players, he could easily raise the bar.

Somehow we've managed to take him backwards, I preferred the role he played in his debut season with us, he was never as deep and had more freedom, I'm confused what Eddie is trying to get from him now, because there's a player there that has it all in midfield, he can do so much more.

As long as its not another Prem club I'd be content with him leaving for £100M minimum. That's fair enough for his age and form etc over the last year. Just really don't want to see him playing for Liverpool or Man Utd, it would genuinely disgust me.

11 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Just been reading facebook comments about this (never again). People claiming he's one of our worst players, he's not worth £10m let alone £100m, we wouldn't miss him at all. Our fanbase are weird :lol: 

In the past week i've seen our fans have regular pops at Bruno, Tonali, Burn and even Isak.

Just 2 seasons ago we had a starting line up including Clark, Krafth, Ritchie, Shelvey and Hayden.

Some fans have short memories.

I suppose the big risk (emotionally) is Liverpool buy him with monopoly money they get from Saudi for Salah. Him going somewhere else wouldn't bother me anything like as much.

The money many Saudi clubs are getting though is from PIF. As things stand, FFP will not let PIF spend the same on NUFC even if they wanted to. However a 70M+ profit on Bruno would go a long way in changing that. Perhaps we would become the "world's richest club" after all. The FFP shackles would certainly come off.

Just a thought, but if Brighton can lose a manager, all his staff, a sporting director, and many of their best players and keep on rolling, perhaps we should not become so attached to a midfielder, even a clearly brilliant one.