Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

41 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I love him, I love his story. His intense emotion. His goofy laugh. from Brazil to Barrack Road. Please don’t ever ever leave

Never it’s Soul II Soul :smitten:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Any word on a release clause? Having said that not worried, he plays with his heart on his sleeve, an unhappy bruno will be half the player regardless so it's our job to match his ambition on the pitch. Absolutely love him, seems to bring joy on the pitch. As much as it's mentioned his brazilian football style and his rapport with Joelinton but he seems to get on with every player. Did Dan Burn ever think he'd be celebrating goals with a Brazilian international?

18 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Any word on a release clause? Having said that not worried, he plays with his heart on his sleeve, an unhappy bruno will be half the player regardless so it's our job to match his ambition on the pitch. Absolutely love him, seems to bring joy on the pitch. As much as it's mentioned his brazilian football style and his rapport with Joelinton but he seems to get on with every player. Did Dan Burn ever think he'd be celebrating goals with a Brazilian international?

Did BDB think he’d ever be celebrating goals? :lol:

There's also the clever accounting trick whereby extending his contract alters the amortisation on the books.

His value dropped by about £8m/season on his previous deal (£40m, 5 year deal) but now his current value, which is around £16m, is spread over an additional two years. This means the amortisation on the books next year is only £4m (£16m > £12m) rather than £8m (£16m > £8m). That extra £4m could easily cover a £70k/week pay increase from a FFP perspective. 

(all of these numbers are rough estimates obviously) 

Edited by Keegans Export

We've just beaten PSG in the champions league and we have a guy like this who seems to love us as much as we love him committing his future to us. Is this all really happening?? I never thought we would have times like these 🖤🤍🖤🤍

10 minutes ago, shorty said:

We've just beaten PSG in the champions league and we have a guy like this who seems to love us as much as we love him committing his future to us. Is this all really happening?? I never thought we would have times like these 🖤🤍🖤🤍

It’s only just begun! :indi:

Pardew on Bruno signing extension:

Bruno is a top player, what I like to call a baller, and if a top club comes in for him, they will trigger that release clause. It's inevitable.

7 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Should have been sent off today. Lucky. Again. It won't last forever. Sort ya head out Bruno!

His tackling is suspect, quite prone to being late on them, but on the other hand he was class on the ball, orchestrating the game for most of that second half.