Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Honestly couldn't give 2 shits about his shooting. That's not what we bought him for at all and his relatively decent goal output for us has been a bonus.

Not sure who made the comment about his tackling but I'm sure Bruno has excellent defensive numbers generally. Gets through so much work, reads the defensive side of the game so well. 

4 hours ago, 500bhp said:

He was brilliant today. After the red card he had complete freedom of the park. Just leisurely playing on the edge of their 18 yard box with time on the ball. With all that extra space he was able to showcase his qualities. 

I'm praying he can repeat that type of performance on Tuesday night 👍.

He shooting is still shit mind 😁. But when he plays like that it doesn't matter. 

He's world class man, fuck clean off.

14 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He's world class man, fuck clean off.

Ignoring everything else do you really not think his shooting is poor? 

It's not sacrilege to say something negative about him. 

Personally, if we can sell him for 120m and it enables us to spend 300m+ I think anyone who thinks that's bad for the club needs there head checked. At the same time I wouldn't be forcing him out, but giving the release clause doesn't seem like that's an issue! 

Edited by mondonewc

He’s very one footed. Great with it though.

I’m now kinda glad he’s slow as f**k because he if he had any fast twitch fibres at all he’d have definitely pulled them by now the way charges about.

Can't get over his passing sometimes. After some of the 'footballers' we've had in modern times it still feels so alien to not just see a ball get hit with pace and purpose, but such precision that I expect it to land at the feet of one of a team mate.

Going to say it, I think he's the best player I've seen for us in my lifetime. He's just fucking class. We don't need to "free him up". The way we play, he's the one who starts our attacks from deep, and he's the one around the edge of the box that has the vision, skill, passing range to thread a pass and create a chance from the smallest gap. Love the guy, he's the perfect midfielder.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I’m now kinda glad he’s slow as f**k because he if he had any fast twitch fibres at all he’d have definitely pulled them by now the way charges about.

One footed? He pings 60 yard diags with his left and right foot. They're not on the comp because they were intercepted but he has that ability. 

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Going to say it, I think he's the best player I've seen for us in my lifetime. He's just fucking class. We don't need to "free him up". The way we play, he's the one who starts our attacks from deep, and he's the one around the edge of the box that has the vision, skill, passing range to thread a pass and create a chance from the smallest gap. Love the guy, he's the perfect midfielder.

He’s insane, the way he played yesterday was out of this world. It’s definitely a conundrum what to do with him though, we often look vulnerable to counter attacks when he pushes forwards (where we obviously need him). 

Im sure Eddie will figure it out mind, and Sandro looks like he has the physicality to get back and cover for him. 

I’d say it’s the first time this season he’s literally took the reins with the  “I’ll fucking do it today and I’m not walking away with nothing but 3 points”

I want more of this Bruno every bloody game. 

He’s a unique lad, he’s a 6/10 hybrid. He is key to our deep build up and he’s press resistant and then he’s our 10 in the final 3rd. Hes not an 8 and should never do that for us. (Surely he was more pacy when we signed him?) but if we had Tonali and another holding mid but let Bruno play his game in the final third we’d be purring. 

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’d say it’s the first time this season he’s literally took the reins with the  “I’ll fucking do it today and I’m not walking away with nothing but 3 points”

I want more of this Bruno every bloody game. 

He’s a unique lad, he’s a 6/10 hybrid. He is key to our deep build up and he’s press resistant and then he’s our 10 in the final 3rd. Hes not an 8 and should never do that for us. (Surely he was more pacy when we signed him?) but if we had Tonali and another holding mid but let Bruno play his game in the final third we’d be purring. 

Sometimes reading football positions as numbers feels like playing bingo, but Bruno isn’t a deep lying forward nor is he a second striker at all in my view - he absolutely isn’t a ‘10’.  If by ‘8’ we’re talking an attacking centre mid, then he’s already shown that he absolutely can play there. 

I can’t ever picture a ‘6’ being anything but a left-sided centre half, given that it was the old left-half number when the numbering first came in in the late ‘30s.

Not sure when everyone decided on describing positions as numbers, but it doesn’t make a lick of sense to do so - football formations and positions aren’t rigid, so describing a position by a number isn’t a great idea. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I loved him letting the ball roll past him and the delayed touch to beat the man for the first goal. 

The cross for the second near defied physics. 

I’ve never seen a player play for us so good with people around him. He must have about 50% better peripheral vision than most players!  Then he uses his body, angles of run, touches so well to shield the ball.  He makes it look so easy. 

7 hours ago, Lotus said:

Interesting point, because despite his work-rate and the number of games he plays, he's been remarkably free of injuries this last two years. We've been very lucky,  because so much of our good play goes through him.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I can’t ever picture a ‘6’ being anything but a left-sided centre half, given that it was the old left-half number when the numbering first came in in the late ‘30s.

Not sure when everyone decided on describing positions as numbers, but it doesn’t make a lick of sense to do so - football formations and positions aren’t rigid, so describing a position by a number isn’t a great idea. 

:thup:  Unless it's a 9 I have no idea what people are talking about.  A number 10 has always been the second striker to me, like a Teddy Sheringham or a Dennis Bergkamp, but no-one plays 4-4-2 anymore.  What formation are all these numbers referring to, and how are you meant to know what number plays in each position when half the players are wearing 12+?

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

:thup:  Unless it's a 9 I have no idea what people are talking about.  A number 10 has always been the second striker to me, like a Teddy Sheringham or a Dennis Bergkamp, but no-one plays 4-4-2 anymore.  What formation are all these numbers referring to, and how are you meant to know what number plays in each position when half the players are wearing 12+?

Yep - the only two positions where the role hasn’t changed for most formations since the introduction of numbers are 9 and 11 - and no-one uses ‘number 11’ as a synonym for a left winger.  Even though full backs were 2 & 3 in a 2-3-5 formation, it wasn’t the same as the full back in a 4-4-2