Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Has to be one of our best cm’s ever? Definitely in our top three, but I’m not sure exactly where he’d rank against Lee and Speed. Definitely above both Cabaye and Merino for me though.

Suppose many would put Gazza as number one but I was born in 1990 so never saw him play for us.

Edited by Rafalove

Thought nufc.com were peculiarly harsh on him:

grabbing his second of a game when he delighted and frustrated in equal measure; often in the same passage of play.

24 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought nufc.com were peculiarly harsh on him:

Tbf I actually thought the same, there were some moments where he was very casual and had the ball stolen off him

But he more than made up for it

I personally don't have a major issue with how casual he was as that's what makes him the player he is, he's very relaxed and calm under pressure and it mostly ends with him easily beating the press or winning a free kick

59 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Has to be one of our best cm’s ever? Definitely in our top three, but I’m not sure exactly where he’d rank against Lee and Speed. Definitely above both Cabaye and Merino for me though.

Suppose many would put Gazza as number one but I was born in 1990 so never saw him play for us.

Miles above Speed. Literally miles.

BRuno is much better up the pitch.

Trippier and miley tucked into the middle (box midfield) well yesterday, and bruno was more expressive because of this...

Only fault was that both miley and trips were absent whe  elanga and onimeyi's pace outdone burn and botman a few times.

New set up Still needs work on practice pitch for me

Edited by buzza

4 minutes ago, buzza said:

BRuno is much better up the pitch.

Trippier and miley tucked into the middle (box midfield) well yesterday, and bruno was more expressive because of this...

Only fault was that both miley and trips were absent whe  elanga and onimeyi's pace outdone burn and botman a few times.

New set up Still needs work on prectoce pitch for me

Jacob Murphy as a DM sweeper, he has all the gas. Or maybe we could play Schar as a DM....

25 minutes ago, Sima said:

All for trying Bruno in a 10 in our first choice midfield.

Tonali to 6, Joe 8, Bruno 10.

Tonali has the recovery pace to defend better.

With Tonali in we'd be looking to dominate possession a bit more so I'd possibly prefer Joe W  over Joe L. Nice options to have mind.

10 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Cabaye’s above Speed for me, comfortably so. 

10 hours ago, Rafalove said:

It's between Bruno and Lee basically. Lee has longevity and a brilliant 1994 over Bruno at the moment, but in terms of who's the better footballer it's already Bruno I think. 

Speed's not in the conversation for me and Cabaye is definitely not.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Speed at Sheff United yes. Not Speed at Newcastle.

Watched Speed week-in, week-out.  No rose-tinted spectacles for me - he was awful for the first couple of seasons, then a good, solid PL midfielder until he left.  Was never worth what we paid for him.  Excellent pro, not doubts about that.  

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Watched Speed week-in, week-out.  No rose-tinted spectacles for me - he was awful for the first couple of seasons, then a good, solid PL midfielder until he left.  Was never worth what we paid for him.  Excellent pro, not doubts about that.  

When he came we tried to play him wide which he then wasn't suited to. As soon as he came inside he was very good and was worth every penny we paid for him.