Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

He got 6 in a row if you include the cup game at the SOS

Some going that the filthy bastard

2 in the league cup and 2 in the champions league to add to his total as well[emoji38]

Edited by jack j

He's obviously a bit nuts, but his number of bookings would be pretty normal if not for the stretch from Luton to City. Not surprisingly that coincides with our lowest and most tired point.

Bruno is comfortably the best CM I've seen for us.

I'll be amazed if he can avoid the 2 game suspension. I'll be pleased if he makes it through the next 5. At that point I hope we have some more options and it will mean he's unlikely to get the 3 game suspension for 15.

At this rate he's thundering towards the 15 YC 3 game suspension.

33 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If he gets to 7 or 8 he might be better off taking a second yellow, no? That will give him a 1 game suspension rather than 2? And then he's only got to get through 1 or 2 games before it moves to 15?

The red card doesn't reset the yellows to zero.

Just now, jonny1403 said:

The red card doesn't reset the yellows to zero.

No but it remains at 9 - no? So if he gets to within 1 or 2 games of the suspension limit moving up (GW 30 is it?), he's better off getting a second yellow. Getting a 1 match-ban - when he returns it's now 15 yellow cards for a suspension not 10. So he needs 6 yellows for a suspension.

3 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Think he’ll get sent off against Arsenal,seems to hate them for some reason.

If it's as a result of petulantly blasting a ball off havertz face, I'll reluctantly accept it.

Rob Lee was superb, up there with Bruno in terms of impacting a game.

Bruno very cool under pressure and just keeps everything ticking over and he does get goals occasionally.

Lee was a great goal scorer though, I think he’d find his way into the starting 11 if any era since he did play for us.

Batty was a tough bastard.. good footballer and overall likeable character, especially given how elusive he’s been since retirement.

37 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Rob Lee was superb, up there with Bruno in terms of impacting a game.

Bruno very cool under pressure and just keeps everything ticking over and he does get goals occasionally.

Lee was a great goal scorer though, I think he’d find his way into the starting 11 if any era since he did play for us.

Batty was a tough bastard.. good footballer and overall likeable character, especially given how elusive he’s been since retirement.

David F Batty, man of mystery.

My favourite Batty story is that he was spotted helping his dad and his mates at work the day after his England debut - his dad was a bin man.  Just a ludicrously normal bloke who was gifted at football.

I also loved his stoic reaction to missing the vital penalty vs Argentina.  No ludicrous self-absorbed tears - just a shrug and ‘I’ve never taken one before’ in the interview afterwards.  And waving to his kids back home through the camera during the national anthem, instead of screaming it like a rugby wanker a la Tony Adams.  The man don’t give a fuck.  

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

David F Batty, man of mystery.

My favourite Batty story is that he was spotted helping his dad and his mates at work the day after his England debut - his dad was a bin man.  Just a ludicrously normal bloke who was gifted at football.

I also loved his stoic reaction to missing the vital penalty vs Argentina.  No ludicrous self-absorbed tears - just a shrug and ‘I’ve never taken one before’ in the interview afterwards.  And waving to his kids back home through the camera during the national anthem, instead of screaming it like a rugby wanker a la Tony Adams.  The man don’t give a fuck.  

Remember hearing from somebody in the dressing room (on one of those podcasts) that after the game, Beckham was disconsolate and the rest of the team were huddled around him. 

Meanwhile, Batty had a shower, got his bag round his shoulder and announced, ‘Right, I’m off to the bus lads’

25 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Remember hearing from somebody in the dressing room (on one of those podcasts) that after the game, Beckham was disconsolate and the rest of the team were huddled around him. 

Meanwhile, Batty had a shower, got his bag round his shoulder and announced, ‘Right, I’m off to the bus lads’

Running over to lift Lennon's legs off the pitch so they could get on with the game, after Shearer booted him in the head was vintage. 

Also away to Metz when someone punched him in the face, blood streaming, and he just got on with it. Would love a Batty in our midfield today.

59 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Best attitude imaginable.  DFB is who I’d want to be if I was a pro footballer 

of all the ones i've watched up close - batty/gazza/rob lee - each of them top class for us in a different way.

gazza was just something else. such a hard grafter too for someone with such talent.

the hoddles and le tissiers of this world may have had the skill but never worked as hard as this lad for the team.

On 14/02/2024 at 05:20, huss9 said:

of all the ones i've watched up close - batty/gazza/rob lee - each of them top class for us in a different way.

gazza was just something else. such a hard grafter too for someone with such talent.

the hoddles and le tissiers of this world may have had the skill but never worked as hard as this lad for the team.

Gazza scored the best goal i've ever seen live, against Chelsea in 88

Blonde. Red attire.

Is it just me, or is that a come and get me to Man Utd so he can follow in the footsteps of his idol, Donny van de Beek