Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Not sure where you are getting that from.  Says in the interview I knew this would happen when I signed and we overachieving last year basically.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Not sure where you are getting that from.  Says in the interview I knew this would happen when I signed and we overachieving last year basically.

Let’s hope so, maybe the general doom and gloom and uncertainty around how much we can really do within the current constraints will focus his mind. 

8 minutes ago, Slim said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

He's disappointed? We all are.  He even says he was expecting it when he joined the club.

If we don’t get European football there will be a number of players wanting to leave if the right offer comes in.

We have to accept that and hope we can buy well.

6 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If we don’t get European football there will be a number of players wanting to leave if the right offer comes in.

We have to accept that and hope we can buy well.

What if we don't get Europe but sign good enough players to push for the top 4.  Think  you might be overestimating how much players care about the Europa League. 

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

What if we don't get Europe but sign good enough players to push for the top 4.  Think  you might be overestimating how much players care about the Europa League. 

I don’t think it’s about overestimating the Europa League, more that they will see the difference between qualifying for Europe as a competition that they can enter and potentially win, as well as looking to push on with the league.

Qualifying for Europe, even if it is the Conference League will give a sense that we achieved something this season, without that I don’t see players staying around for potentially another season like this if they have better options come their way.

Loved him here, so much fight and carried the midfield for ages, hope we can get a great replacement.

Forever missed.

Edited by Aiston

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You can tell we're emotionally damaged and insecure as a fanbase like. :lol: There was nothing unusual in what he said.

It's embarrassing how defeatist and mentally weak a good chunk of the fanbase is. He's said he's disappointed with the way the season is panning out, which everyone is feeling. That's it.

People are reacting to it like a panic stricken Chicken Little, acting like it's the end of the world. Unbelievable.

The bloke above me is talking about him in the past tense :bluestar:

Edited by Mills and Boon

He’ll go some day but hopefully not this summer.

He’s intelligent enough to say the right things to the press but I would not be surprised if he’s having some doubts about the project he was sold.

If it’s another window of austerity and treading water again in the league, he’ll be off in January. He’s too good to be wasting his best years.

Crazy how good his English is. I could see him wanting to stay in Europe his entire career, ending it somewhere like Sporting Lisbon with him learning Portuguese instantly.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

he wiil be sold in summer. we need to sell

We will be selling the likes of Wilson, longstaff and almiron first (or should be anyway). I still think he will be keen to stop one more season and he's still at the age where he can do that. Obviously if Madrid or Barcelona come in and meet the fee set in the contract, then that will most likely see him gone 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

When he came he probably expected to get Champions League next season at the earliest. 

A player of that quality wouldn’t expect CL football for 2.5 years at the earliest??

Honestly, no offence, Ian - I tolerate you much more these days, which maybe is a reflection of me, or you - but fucking hell, some of you couldn’t spell ambition.