Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

£100m is a lot obviously but it's a bit annoying we've agreed to a release clause lower than what Enzo and Caicedo both recently went for who are far worse players. 

Less than Rice too, who is also a worse player.

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

£100m is a lot obviously but it's a bit annoying we've agreed to a release clause lower than what Enzo and Caicedo both recently went for who are far worse players. 

The original suggestion was that the clause could only be activated by a certain club/s e.g. Real Madrid could use it but Arsenal would have to negotiate from scratch as usual. No idea if true.

33 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Don't know how he gets to know this stuff, but good to know.

Gulp!

Such a weirdly informative thing to tweet, nervous now that is in the public domain. £100m is a lot of dough but it also doesn't feel enough considering how important he is to us!

I really don't know if anyone will pay £100m for him. But if this deal is to happen then its good for us to happen this way because it wraps it up early and we can either use the money for the transfer window, or we can go into the window knowing he'll be in our squad next season. 

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

The original suggestion was that the clause could only be activated by a certain club/s e.g. Real Madrid could use it but Arsenal would have to negotiate from scratch as usual. No idea if true.

I suspect there’ll be caveats all over the place including being related to whether we’re in Europe next season. On the face of it it seems a pretty fair/logical clause for player and club.

I hope/reckon he might do one more year with the proviso if we don’t win something or get CL he can go next season. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally think 100 million would be a fantastic price for him.

If you look at all the players in the PL who cost more than £90m, are/were any of them actually better than him? Maybe I have forgotten some, but I don't think so. Possibly Rice, but not really? I think Rice may be the best out of the current £90m + signings.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

I suspect there’ll be caveats all over the place including being related to whether we’re in Europe next season. On the face of it it seems a pretty fair/logical clause for player and club.

I hope/reckon he might do one more year with the proviso if we don’t win something or get CL he can go next season. 

My thoughts and hope too. 

My two cents on it. No one would be happier than us to see him stay despite the amount. Im 100% sure his heart says stay without a single doubt, but his head might tell him differently because he isn’t 21 anymore. IF the clause is met I’m sure he will be torn about it big time. IF he leaves I will be gutted but also positive at the same time and see what we can use that money for to strengthen the collective. He is irreplaceable as an individual, but even more as a character with his personality and mentality. He can leave with his head held high, no question about it. I think he might stay though. If he does leave then I’m ok with him playing for most teams but not any of the red shirted cunts. Rather sell him to PSG for 50m. Kind of…Hopefully it’s abroad at least. I’m “ok” with City, at worst. 

Literally only 4 or 5 clubs on the planet that could afford him at the best of times. Take into account FFP restrictions of those who could afford him AND could find a place in the starting XI then it's down to maybe 2 or 3. 

City and Real are the only 2 with maybe PSG, that's about it. If any of them trigger it then it gives him a huge decision to make but I'm not going to worry about that like, if it happens then it happens, he's a brilliant brilliant player and they'll always be in demand, it's just the nature of the sport 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

My two cents on it. No one would be happier than us to see him stay despite the amount. Im 100% sure his heart says stay without a single doubt, but his head might tell him differently because he isn’t 21 anymore. IF the clause is met I’m sure he will be torn about it big time. IF he leaves I will be gutted but also positive at the same time and see what we can use that money for to strengthen the collective. He is irreplaceable as an individual, but even more as a character with his personality and mentality. He can leave with his head held high, no question about it. I think he might stay though. If he does leave then I’m ok with him playing for most teams but not any of the red shirted cunts. Rather sell him to PSG for 50m. Kind of…Hopefully it’s abroad at least. I’m “ok” with City, at worst. 

Nah. He'll be off in a shot as it will be one of best and biggest clubs in Europe activating it.

The clause is in there for a reason.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Nah. He'll be off in a shot as it will be one of best and biggest clubs in Europe activating it.

The clause is in there for a reason.

I meant torn about it more like because of the love and affection he has. He will listen to his head in the end but I’m sure it won’t be easy even if likely. 

Man City is the club to worry about coming in for him imo, because Bruno’s profile is perfect for that midfield.. you’d see the best of this player in a side that is typically dominant in possession high up like the pitch like that. Pep rates him highly.

£100m is huge money for any player, and trust that IF he does leaves it will be reinvested very well. Whether he does go or not the current stage of our development as a club means that some of our best players will leave over the next 3/4/5 years.

Edited by Nine

34 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I tell you my detest level for Man Utd would go to a new level if they trigger Ashworth then trigger Bruno, like its Ashworths first signing.

Wouldn't start over Mainoo. 

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Only just occurred to me 30 June is the PSR cut off.

Exactly, which means that the £100m for any club would be added to the 23/24 books, most clubs would break FFP it that was added to this years books 

Unless we get in the EL I think he'll be away, assuming the buying club is in the CL. £100m is a decent fee really and opens a lot of doors with FFP. Yes you can argue that Caicedo and Fernandes went for more but they're both 3-4 years younger and yet to reach their peak, whilst Bruno is at his now.