Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Not liking the Newsnow reports this morning...'Howe admits Newcastle not in control', 'PSG in talks to beat City and Arsenal', 'Bruno has burning desire for Champions League'.

Edited by Turnbull2000

2 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Am in the thick brigade here - so is there a transfer window that ends on the 30th June - 

"Eddie Howe says he's aware of Bruno Guimaraes' £100m release clause, which expires on June 30th"

As otherwise teams will wait until after this time and bid lower ?

Financial cut off period for FFP/PSR purposes isn’t it?

I think the presumption is the price increases after this deadline. The club, if he goes, will have the transfer money to rebuild over this summer's transfer window. 

If he leaves later it'll be on our terms and likely prohibitive for clubs wanting him.

You wouldn’t expect many clubs to have much room for manoeuvre before 30 June. Man City is probably the only one, unless there’s some rapid player trading elsewhere.

Makes me feel uncomfortable at how much this is being discussed and is in the media at the moment, so plenty of people are aware.

There's bound to be a club that offers £100m for him, he's an incredible footballer, I think he'll leave unfortunately, which is gutting, but there's so much talk about it at the moment, and someone is going to be willing to pay that.

One of the best players in the world will want to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world playing in the Champions League, not the Europa Conference League. It's as simple as that really. Be interesting to see what we do with the funds, I'd love a proper DM to allow Tonali and Joelinton a bit more freedom further up the pitch and provide a bit of cover when Tino and Hall push up the wings.

It all depends on if he wants to go. Bear in mind he will be at the Copa América from the 21st, so it will complicate things a little if he was to move. 

Surprised Eddie (cards close to my chest) has come out and confirmed details on the contract clause? He’s off then or they’re touting him for sale? Gutted if he goes. Money reinvested I’ll move on. I love the guy and all he brings, but would be excited to see us add to the squad without needing just wiggle room if he does indeed go this summer! Time will tell soon enough.