Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Him and ASM must have a decent social media team behind them

ASM is going to absolutely love this guy. Winning the ball back and releasing him quickly.

Wonder if ASM will have the balls to refuse a pass to this guy.

1 hour ago, JNK said:

Btw, I discovered you guys had Mirandinha a few days ago, only knew about Asprilla and Caçapa (Asprilla was a awesome striker btw). Mirandinha used to play to some city rivals, never liked him. 

Wait till you hear about Fumaça [emoji38]

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Move over @Flipwe have a new Brazilian super forum member…

Only joking, it’s great to see some new fresh blood on here from arguably my fave footballing nation outside of, well, England. Anyway, Romario… one of my absolute all-time fave players!

HTT I can definitely understand where you’re coming from. I mean you guys share the trait of writing looong posts [emoji38]

Joking aside. Glad @JNK has joined as the second Brazilian. The more the merrier.

On 06/02/2022 at 18:41, JNK said:

@Flip I'm editing, forgot to reply you even with the quote, Bruno I think is underated in Brazil for his potential (and I don't mean Tite but media in general), He wasn't a standout at the olympics but he was also sacrificed to play as the anchor man, that's not his best role, even so, aside from Dani Alves he was the capitain of the team. Even with this season in Lyon, anyone I talk to, they think Fred is a better player all around than Bruno and I agree he has more experience at a high level, but he lacks the quality to be Brazil's 8, Bruno I think is the contrary, he has the quality but not the experience.

I think a middle with Paqueta and Bruno alongside Casemiro would be better than a Case/Fabinho one, not only because they know each other from lyon and Case can play alongside anyone, but also because I think it would lack flair, Fabinho and Casemiro for me are contenders for the same spot of Anchor Man on the team and Case is way better. Bruno is kinda of luxury player he can tackle well and his passes are amazing, but he doesn't have that EPL and UCL intensity top players have yet, the potential to be world class is there but he still has to get more experience and prove himself, his stats at Lyon this season show he is on the right track, but there are countless players that don't fulfill their potential, be it on club or international level (Fernandinho is one who couldn't fulfill it in the Yellow shirt, but I'm so excited that he's probably goind to come back to Paranaense this July, would be the player we're lacking in the locker room  since Lucho Gonzales retired). 

About Cunha I totally agree with you, he is not a classic number 9, more of a Second Striker if you ask me, but his game is interesting, I don't think he is ready for a start with Brazil in the WC (god forbid we have another 9 who won't score this world cup like Jesus) quite yet, if he can get more playtime though, he might be ready. 

Agreed regarding Fred even though for the past few games under Rangnick and national team he has done very well. I like Bruno and really hope he excels here, but at the Olympics he played the #8 role with Douglas Luiz as the defensive midfielder and he didn’t exactly show he deserves to start for the national team just yet. Confident this move will help him even though I feel Qatar is a tad to close out. Hope everything you are saying about his time at Atl Paranaense and talents are true. We’ve been in dire need of a good central midfielder controlling the tempo.

Think your harsh on Fernandinho btw, he almost always did well for the NT, but unfortunately his time will be stained by the 7-1 and the own goal against Belgium. His two most important matches for us unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Flip said:

HTT I can definitely understand where you’re coming from. I mean you guys share the trait of writing looong posts [emoji38]

Joking aside. Glad @JNK has joined as the second Brazilian. The more the merrier.

Ah, your my second fave Brazilian after Romario man!

Maybe it’s just me, but I quite like Fred, wrong player for this Man Utd side though IMO and he obviously cost a fortune which I think goes against him. 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Him and ASM must have a decent social media team behind them

Lets hope with someone in the team capable of actually playing a defense splitting pass that ASM will mix up his movement and make some runs instead of coming deep to get the ball to his feet all the time. they could do some serious damage on the counter if they link up well.

Edited by Palestoon

Guest reefatoon
27 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

This is going to be like when we waited all week to see if HBA would start only to find out at 2pm Pardew had him on the bench. 

As long as it isn’t like when we were all waiting to see him play away to Man City. Man that was crushing. De Jong you cunt.

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Acuna and Cordone did ok for a bit and JNK needs to read up on the Robledo brothers. 

If they're worse than Fumaça they sure were something 

4 hours ago, Dandy Man said:

Wait till you hear about Fumaça [emoji38]

Fumaça I went and saw his carrer numbers, top stuff, 5 goals his whole carrer, no assists, never more than a season in a club.  [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Flip said:

3 hours ago, Flip said:

Agreed regarding Fred even though for the past few games under Rangnick and national team he has done very well. I like Bruno and really hope he excels here, but at the Olympics he played the #8 role with Douglas Luiz as the defensive midfielder and he didn’t exactly show he deserves to start for the national team just yet. Confident this move will help him even though I feel Qatar is a tad to close out. Hope everything you are saying about his time at Atl Paranaense and talents are true. We’ve been in dire need of a good central midfielder controlling the tempo.

Think your harsh on Fernandinho btw, he almost always did well for the NT, but unfortunately his time will be stained by the 7-1 and the own goal against Belgium. His two most important matches for us unfortunately.

I can write short posts, but I prefer not to flood since I used to be moderator in a forum :lol:

Like I said, he's not ready to start for Brazil, or at least wasn't until his last call to Brazil, but he sure has the potential, that's why I'm excited abot this EPL move, specially since his Lyon season.  Fred is a good player, but he lack's vision and that ability to dictate the rhytm of the game.

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Ah, your my second fave Brazilian after Romario man!

I miss Prime Ronaldo more than Romario, before his knee's failed he was on a whole other level.

3 hours ago, Shak said:

I can never love you JNK my heart belongs to Flip forever.

And here I was, planning to go to Newcastle just to see you. 

Edited by JNK

1 minute ago, JNK said:

If they're worse than Fumaça they sure were something 

Fumaça I went and saw his carrer numbers, top stuff, 5 goals his whole carrer, no assists, never more than a season in a club.  [emoji38]

I can write short posts, but I'm prefer nnot to flood since I used to be moderator in a forum :lol:

Like I said, he's not ready to start for Brazil, or at least wasn't until his last call to Brazil, but he sure has the potential, that's why I'm excited abot this EPL move, specially since his Lyon season.  Fred is a good player, but he lack's vision and that ability to dictate the rhytm of the game.

I miss Prime Ronaldo more than Romario, before his knee's failed he was on a whole other level.

And here I was, planning to go to Newcastle just to see you. 

This is really Andy in accounts isn’t it?

Just seen the "Newcastle will be world power - Guimaraes" headline flicking the telly on just there.

Difficult to articulate my feelings, blood rushed from my head to my loins at the time, but the last 12seconds of this sums up my thoughts on it and is actually what I said, out loud, to nobody.

4 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Just seen the "Newcastle will be world power - Guimaraes" headline flicking the telly on just there.

Difficult to articulate my feelings, blood rushed from my head to my loins at the time, but the last 12seconds of this sums up my thoughts on it and is actually what I said, out loud, to nobody.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug