Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

54 minutes ago, JNK said:

The other and really important one, he loves the big games! 

This is fucking class. I just know he's gonna be amazing for us. Thank you for the wonderful posts, JNK, and welcome to the forum!

2 hours ago, JNK said:

Hi lads, first post on the forum, I'm brazilian and a fan of Paranaense, signed up here just to see how well Bruno's gonna do for the magpies and to see the repercussion .

I've been watching him since his debut for my club in 2018, in 3 months, he got picked from our u-23 who plays the regionals for us, to the main team with Renan Lodi.  Both were essencial in our south american and brazilian cup titles in 18 and 19, but specially Bruno, even scoring on the first match of the Brazilian cup final. 

By the start of 2019 the other players were calling him and Lodi "blank check's", that's how good and important these kids were for the team (and they weren't wrong, Bruno's transfer to Lyon was the biggest my club who is known in Brazil for selling well ever had, also, the 20% from the newcastle transfer is the 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee we ever received as well).

I've seen comparsions between him and the like's of Fabinho and Fernandinho here at this thread, i'd say he's neyther.

He's not a true anchor man like Fabinho and also lack's the physicality Fabinho has but passes and progresses way better, Fernandinho is an amazing player (and another player my club actyally formed, alongside the likes of Lodi, Alex Sandro and Otavio from Bourdeax) but for me, Bruno has something that even Fernandinho (who was a 10 here in Brazil and a excelent dribbler/ball carrier) doesn't have and that are his trough passes and ability to dictate the tempo of the game, you're gonna see, his passes are like he has the triangle button of a video game on the tip os his boots, if he adapts well you're gonna have a player to make history on the club.

Really hope he adapt's fast to the intensity of the EPL and the team, since I hope he can take Fred's spot on Brazil's lineup for this year world cup, I really believe he can become an amazing regista like player and make an amazing midfield trio with Casemiro and Paquetá.

Brazilian tip, the easiest way to pronounce his last name woud be something like "Geemarains" the ÃE sound in portuguese is fairly similar to the AIN in english.  

P.S. I've started a save with the Magpies in Football Manager in November, he was my first signing followed by Lodi, became THE owner of the midfield playing alongside Willock and Longstaff and later I brough C. Gallagher to complete the trio with him and Willock.

Seeing your squad today I'd go after the likes of Onana for the goal, Milenkovic (Fiorentina) or Koundé instead of Carlos as cb, Lodi for the LB (Targett is a good player but Lodi is an amazing offensive fullback) and Raphinha for the other wing, at least speaking of starting 11's your's would easilly be top 10 material in the EPL

A lineup like that would be amazing to watch and you certainlly got the cash to make it happen in 2 or 3 transfer windows.

Onana

Trippier, Kounde, Milenkovic, Renan Lodi

Willock, Bruno G., Gallager

Raphina            ASM

Wilson

Great info.

As for your line up, is that for FM or real life?

If real life then unfortunately Onana has already signed for Inter Milan. And the midfield you have works on FM but in real life, Gallagher and Willock would be overun - besides Willock seems like a daisy player - some days he does, some days he doesn't - he's also much better in the game.

This is one of the most successful tactics in FM22: https://beta.fm-base.co.uk/tactics/22.2.0/modeerf-2220-573719-5963. I've managed many invincible seasons but as you can see, you can have literally have no midfield and overpower teams because of how the game engine works.

Milenkovic is one the best defenders in the game but isn't as good in real life for Fiorentina. Kounde is more likely to go to Chelsea and would be £60m+ so not sure if its the best way to spend. Antony might be a cheaper option than Raphinha but most people in the EPL rate Raphinha very highly - actually many CL clubs want him. 

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

@JNK is poster of the year, already :lol: 

LOL, haven't done nothing, I just like football and like talking about the game [emoji38]

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Bom dia JNK you are pure lush as owt man 

Boa noite Bobby! (it's already 7PM here)

59 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

Great info.

As for your line up, is that for FM or real life?

If real life then unfortunately Onana has already signed for Inter Milan. And the midfield you have works on FM but in real life, Gallagher and Willock would be overun - besides Willock seems like a daisy player - some days he does, some days he doesn't - he's also much better in the game.

This is one of the most successful tactics in FM22: https://beta.fm-base.co.uk/tactics/22.2.0/modeerf-2220-573719-5963. I've managed many invincible seasons but as you can see, you can have literally have no midfield and overpower teams because of how the game engine works.

Milenkovic is one the best defenders in the game but isn't as good in real life for Fiorentina. Kounde is more likely to go to Chelsea and would be £60m+ so not sure if its the best way to spend. Antony might be a cheaper option than Raphinha but most people in the EPL rate Raphinha very highly - actually many CL clubs want him. 

Was a little of both actually, I hadn't heard about Onana to Inter tbh neither about the Kounde - Chelsea link, and I still think Milenkovic would be a real asset for the magpies IRL.

Willock is young, but he has the talent, i'd give him more time before rulling him out of a mid trio like that, all three are young prospects and their playstiles complement each other.

About Raphinha, Antony would also be a GREAT signing, since Raphinha could be out of reach by the game he is playing for Brazil.

Other FM prospects that i think could do well irl for you are guys like Adeyemi, Esposito and T. Livramento (RB), all really young but really promissing. 

Other transfer i'd go if I was Howe would be Ceballos. I think he would be the a great asset for you guys, specially playing alongside Bruno.  

About FM, i've been playing since the 98/99 version of CM, my save with newcastle in FM22 I'm going for an undefeated EPL run on my second year :smitten: Also, I used to be part of the official research, on behalf of my Paranaense.

1 hour ago, SiLvOR said:

This is fucking class. I just know he's gonna be amazing for us. Thank you for the wonderful posts, JNK, and welcome to the forum!

I really hope so, for the sake of our world cup intentions later this year! :Jonny2J:

Edited by JNK

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Class post! Love this line:

If you look at the goal Brazil scored where he got the assist, that seems like a very decent description. His pass is what starts that attack, and it's exactly like a "through ball" on FIFA :lol:

On 04/02/2022 at 18:08, GeordieDazzler said:

Love this. Seems to have a really cool personality. 

God willing a healthy run of no injuries the rest of the way now, and I think this guy will be a massive hit.

6 hours ago, JNK said:

Hi lads, first post on the forum, I'm brazilian and a fan of Paranaense, signed up here just to see how well Bruno's gonna do for the magpies and to see the repercussion .

I've been watching him since his debut for my club in 2018, in 3 months, he got picked from our u-23 who plays the regionals for us, to the main team with Renan Lodi.  Both were essencial in our south american and brazilian cup titles in 18 and 19, but specially Bruno, even scoring on the first match of the Brazilian cup final. 

By the start of 2019 the other players were calling him and Lodi "blank check's", that's how good and important these kids were for the team (and they weren't wrong, Bruno's transfer to Lyon was the biggest my club who is known in Brazil for selling well ever had, also, the 20% from the newcastle transfer is the 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee we ever received as well).

I've seen comparsions between him and the like's of Fabinho and Fernandinho here at this thread, i'd say he's neyther.

He's not a true anchor man like Fabinho and also lack's the physicality Fabinho has but passes and progresses way better, Fernandinho is an amazing player (and another player my club actyally formed, alongside the likes of Lodi, Alex Sandro and Otavio from Bourdeax) but for me, Bruno has something that even Fernandinho (who was a 10 here in Brazil and a excelent dribbler/ball carrier) doesn't have and that are his trough passes and ability to dictate the tempo of the game, you're gonna see, his passes are like he has the triangle button of a video game on the tip os his boots, if he adapts well you're gonna have a player to make history on the club.

Really hope he adapt's fast to the intensity of the EPL and the team, since I hope he can take Fred's spot on Brazil's lineup for this year world cup, I really believe he can become an amazing regista like player and make an amazing midfield trio with Casemiro and Paquetá.

Brazilian tip, the easiest way to pronounce his last name woud be something like "Geemarains" the ÃE sound in portuguese is fairly similar to the AIN in english.  

P.S. I've started a save with the Magpies in Football Manager in November, he was my first signing followed by Lodi, became THE owner of the midfield playing alongside Willock and Longstaff and later I brough C. Gallagher to complete the trio with him and Willock.

Seeing your squad today I'd go after the likes of Onana for the goal, Milenkovic (Fiorentina) or Koundé instead of Carlos as cb, Lodi for the LB (Targett is a good player but Lodi is an amazing offensive fullback) and Raphinha for the other wing, at least speaking of starting 11's your's would easilly be top 10 material in the EPL

A lineup like that would be amazing to watch and you certainlly got the cash to make it happen in 2 or 3 transfer windows.

Onana

Trippier, Kounde, Milenkovic, Renan Lodi

Willock, Bruno G., Gallager

Raphina            ASM

Wilson

Thanks man and welcome. Can’t wait to see Bruno play.

What are your thoughts on Diego Carlos? He any good? 

5 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

You'd like to think in a league that's a bit more open than Ligue 1 that he'll have more space to play those through passes into.

With the way we usually play, he'll have 2/3 of an empty pitch in front to aim for :lol:

6 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

You'd like to think in a league that's a bit more open than Ligue 1 that he'll have more space to play those through passes into.

Is it a bit more open than Ligue 1 ? I wouldn't say so.

1 hour ago, HawK said:

With the way we usually play, he'll have 2/3 of an empty pitch in front to aim for :lol:

I agree , if it was Wilson up top I’d be well happy , it’s Wood and again not how he plays obviously. Difficult one this 

14 hours ago, LV said:

Thanks man and welcome. Can’t wait to see Bruno play.

What are your thoughts on Diego Carlos? He any good? 

Haven't seen Carlos play enough to have a conviction, he would defitinely improve your defense, but I honestly don't know how much.

Anyway he's being eyed as the 4h player for the Brazilian defense on the next world cup and with the level of our defense he must be good at least.

18 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Bom dia JNK you are pure lush as owt man 

I forgot to ask, what that OWT means man? LOL

15 hours ago, Nobody said:

If you look at the goal Brazil scored where he got the assist, that seems like a very decent description. His pass is what starts that attack, and it's exactly like a "through ball" on FIFA :lol:

Exatcly, get  used to it.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I'd say Ligue 1 gives players way more space than the EPL, it's more physical at times but the tempo on the EPL is on a whole other level. 

If we count only the big6 Bruno's gonna get at least 12 games with UCL like teams a year, thats a lot more than he would in Lyon.

I'm gonna try to watch the game against Everton, they've got some great players and a good squad, their bad performance this season honestly amazes me. 

@JNK 'owt' in this context means 'anything' - As in 'As good as anything'

The guy is saying you're as good / cool / sweet (lush) as anything (owt) - He's complimenting you.

Nowt - Means 'nothing' as in 'He wants owt for nowt and a penny's change' - Which means 'He wants anything / everything for nothing and money back' - As in he's a tight bastard.

Here endeth the lesson in Geordie ;)

Edited by Hank Marvin

41 minutes ago, Kanji said:

@JNK do you have any insight on Mattheus Cunha? Seems a really unique player really coming on recently in the National setup. 

He's another young prospect, good player, but I honestly prefer Antony, speaking of international level has a long way to go, the 9 role in our national team is really a complicated one since we're used to guys like Ronaldo, Romario, Adriano and etc, there's a common feeling in Brazil we don't have a good nine in the national team since Luis Fabiano. Our options nowadays are Cunha, Firmino, Jesus, Gabibol (I hate that guy, so full of himself and was a huge flop in Europe) and Pedro.

In Brazil there's a feeling that this generation is bad because the only really outstanding attacking player is Neymar and he's been losing fitness for a while. Tite unfortunately don't know how to use Firmino so we lack a really good number 9. I think Cunha needs more minutes, but with Simeone him and Lodi are on a side that does not favor their playstile. 

Btw Bruno is really underrated in Brazil except for fans of my club. People see him as a good player and nothing else because he never played for the likes of Corinthians, Flamengo and etc. Media here focuses on the Rio and Sao Paulo teams, so any player who has a good run out of these 2 states won't get the media attention (they still think Gerson is better than Bruno here in Brazil because he was in Flamengo).

29 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

@JNK 'owt' in this context means 'anything' - As in 'As good as anything'

The guy is saying you're as good / cool / sweet (lush) as anything (out) - He's complimenting you.

Nowt - Means 'nothing' as in 'He wants owt for nowt and a penny's change' - Which means 'He wants anything / everything for nothing and money back' - As in he's a tight bastard.

Here endeth the lesson in Geordie ;)

I thought it was a compliment but I didn't get it [emoji38]. Thx for the explanation, I'm self-taught in english and rarely get any chance to use it nowadays since I'm living in Porto de Galinhas, not in Curitiba anymore, so I'm a bit out of touch with some terms and slangs. 

I clicked reply trying to add another quote earlier, had to edit the full post. :Jonny2J:

Edited by JNK

2 hours ago, madras said:

I only occasionally watch L1 games but it seems much more tactical. You get more time on the ball to make decisions but teams are more disciplined, on the whole, so the space to pass into is less.

1 hour ago, JNK said:

Haven't seen Carlos play enough to have a conviction, he would defitinely improve your defense, but I honestly don't know how much.

Anyway he's being eyed as the 4h player for the Brazilian defense on the next world cup and with the level of our defense he must be good at least.

I forgot to ask, what that OWT means man? LOL

Exatcly, get  used to it.

I'd say Ligue 1 gives players way more space than the EPL, it's more physical at times but the tempo on the EPL is on a whole other level. 

If we count only the big6 Bruno's gonna get at least 12 games with UCL like teams a year, thats a lot more than he would in Lyon.

I'm gonna try to watch the game against Everton, they've got some great players and a good squad, their bad performance this season honestly amazes me. 

That's what I mean. I don't think the EPL is more open and it's why I think Bruno won't start in what will be his ultimate best position for us until Howe is certain he's up to pace with the speed and physicality of the prem. (Which I dont think will be an issue)

Bem-vindo JNK! Glad we agree on Gabigol and Antony.

Don't necessarily agree on Bruno being underrated per se. He's done well for Lyon and a lot expect him to be that 4th central midfielder for the WC with Casemiro, Fabinho and Fred if he keeps performing. But he wasn't exactly stand out at the Olympics or the French league. However, with the shower of shit at this club in midfield, it's his time to shine and I hope come November he's in midfield along Casemiro/Fabinho in the starting XI, because that will have meant he's had a great start to his career at Newcastle. Will be interesting to see Howe's plan with him, as I don't see him as the most deep lying midfielder in this team right now and he doesn't have the motor to cover ground for both him and Shelvey either.

As for @Kanji's question regarding Matheus Cunha. I was just thinking he would be very attainable and a realistic player if we're going down the Brazilian route prior to seeing that post. Gets very few minutes for Atletico Madrid and is definitely deserving of more. He's by no means a classic goalscorer, but I feel like he makes the little stuff that a team like ours would need. He's constantly creating spaces for teammates and he's quite decent in the air. Was just watching Barcelona v Atletico and he came on and Atletico instantly became a better side. Could definitely do with a player like him for this team. Only question mark regarding Cunha is whether he really is a striker or not. If Watford goes down a player like Joao Pedro could also be a realistic option, looks like a younger Richarlison right now.

I think he'll play Bruno, paying 40m is a statement so I think he will start.

My concern is the expectation levels of some of our lot if he's not Zidane, Xavi and Iniesta combined after 30 minutes

1 hour ago, JNK said:

He's another young prospect, good player, but I honestly prefer Antony, speaking of international level has a long way to go, the 9 role in our national team is really a complicated one since we're used to guys like Ronaldo, Romario, Adriano and etc, there's a common feeling in Brazil we don't have a good nine in the national team since Luis Fabiano. Our options nowadays are Cunha, Firmino, Jesus, Gabibol (I hate that guy, so full of himself and was a huge flop in Europe) and Pedro.

In Brazil there's a feeling that this generation is bad because the only really outstanding attacking player is Neymar and he's been losing fitness for a while. Tite unfortunately don't know how to use Firmino so we lack a really good number 9. I think Cunha needs more minutes, but with Simeone him and Lodi are on a side that does not favor their playstile. 

Btw Bruno is really underrated in Brazil except for fans of my club. People see him as a good player and nothing else because he never played for the likes of Corinthians, Flamengo and etc. Media here focuses on the Rio and Sao Paulo teams, so any player who has a good run out of these 2 states won't get the media attention (they still think Gerson is better than Bruno here in Brazil because he was in Flamengo).

I thought it was a compliment but I didn't get it [emoji38]. Thx for the explanation, I'm self-taught in english and rarely get any chance to use it nowadays since I'm living in Porto de Galinhas, not in Curitiba anymore, so I'm a bit out of touch with some terms and slangs. 

I clicked reply trying to add another quote earlier, had to edit the full post. :Jonny2J:

Porto 

1 hour ago, JNK said:

Porto de Galinhas is lovely, went there a few years ago. I’m jealous.

Just now, 1964 said:

My concern is the expectation levels of some of our lot if he's not Zidane, Xavi and Iniesta combined after 30 minutes

Oh I think he'll start him but with Shelvey mainly charged with being the transition guy from defence forward.

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Bem-vindo JNK! Glad we agree on Gabigol and Antony.

Don't necessarily agree on Bruno being underrated per se. He's done well for Lyon and a lot expect him to be that 4th central midfielder for the WC with Casemiro, Fabinho and Fred if he keeps performing. But he wasn't exactly stand out at the Olympics or the French league. However, with the shower of shit at this club in midfield, it's his time to shine and I hope come November he's in midfield along Casemiro/Fabinho in the starting XI, because that will have meant he's had a great start to his career at Newcastle. Will be interesting to see Howe's plan with him, as I don't see him as the most deep lying midfielder in this team right now and he doesn't have the motor to cover ground for both him and Shelvey either.

As for @Kanji's question regarding Matheus Cunha. I was just thinking he would be very attainable and a realistic player if we're going down the Brazilian route prior to seeing that post. Gets very few minutes for Atletico Madrid and is definitely deserving of more. He's by no means a classic goalscorer, but I feel like he makes the little stuff that a team like ours would need. He's constantly creating spaces for teammates and he's quite decent in the air. Was just watching Barcelona v Atletico and he came on and Atletico instantly became a better side. Could definitely do with a player like him for this team. Only question mark regarding Cunha is whether he really is a striker or not. If Watford goes down a player like Joao Pedro could also be a realistic option, looks like a younger Richarlison right now.

@Flip I'm editing, forgot to reply you even with the quote, Bruno I think is underated in Brazil for his potential (and I don't mean Tite but media in general), He wasn't a standout at the olympics but he was also sacrificed to play as the anchor man, that's not his best role, even so, aside from Dani Alves he was the capitain of the team. Even with this season in Lyon, anyone I talk to, they think Fred is a better player all around than Bruno and I agree he has more experience at a high level, but he lacks the quality to be Brazil's 8, Bruno I think is the contrary, he has the quality but not the experience.

I think a middle with Paqueta and Bruno alongside Casemiro would be better than a Case/Fabinho one, not only because they know each other from lyon and Case can play alongside anyone, but also because I think it would lack flair, Fabinho and Casemiro for me are contenders for the same spot of Anchor Man on the team and Case is way better. Bruno is kinda of luxury player he can tackle well and his passes are amazing, but he doesn't have that EPL and UCL intensity top players have yet, the potential to be world class is there but he still has to get more experience and prove himself, his stats at Lyon this season show he is on the right track, but there are countless players that don't fulfill their potential, be it on club or international level (Fernandinho is one who couldn't fulfill it in the Yellow shirt, but I'm so excited that he's probably goind to come back to Paranaense this July, would be the player we're lacking in the locker room  since Lucho Gonzales retired). 

About Cunha I totally agree with you, he is not a classic number 9, more of a Second Striker if you ask me, but his game is interesting, I don't think he is ready for a start with Brazil in the WC (god forbid we have another 9 who won't score this world cup like Jesus) quite yet, if he can get more playtime though, he might be ready. 

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

Bruno will probably have an ok performance his first games, when he went from Brazil to Lyon he hit the ground running (his UCL debut was awesome) but after the pandemic hit he had a bad stint on Lyon with the other coach. 

1 hour ago, Novocastrian said:

Porto 

Porto de Galinhas is lovely, went there a few years ago. I’m jealous.

Porto is amazing! I kinda chose quality of life over money on this one (came here right before covid hit, bad choice of timing) , but life is made of choices. If you wanna visit again I do have a travel agency, I could arrange the trip for you. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

Oh I think he'll start him but with Shelvey mainly charged with being the transition guy from defence forward.

For what I see from shelvey he's kinda of a slow DCM playing the pivot role right? has some good passes but isn't really good at nothing else apart from taking back the ball (I haven't seen him play for real and my experience with him is more on FM and PES, so I can't really say).

I think Bruno could do this pivot, but as things are right now, I'd play him as the number 8 on your team, someone with clear deffensive duties but with the freedom to attack too. 

Edited by JNK