Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Eh, they were huge for us for various reasons and both top players in their positions. I do hope fans don’t expect too much too soon of Bruno, it will take time to adjust and fully settle I’m sure!

We don't have much time left tbh!

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Look I rate them, but they're not massive names and I'd be surprised if they featured on his radar like.

Good luck to the lad, it's not like he's going to have to do much to be an instant starter in this team. If he can pass to someone in black and white he's already head and shoulders.

To be fair, he probably has heard of them and seen clips of them at least, and if not, he will know of them now. It doesn’t bother me at all, really. New heroes, legends, icons and cunts are all to come in this new brave era we are about to enter…

I love this man already. just listened to the media briefing, he said all the right things.  

he was asked why he joined now instead of the summer. His response was that the club really wanted him, and he felt that by joining this project in the early stages, that would endear him to the fans and earn him more respect. He seems to really get it. If hes as good as been touted, he has club legend potential about him. 

1 hour ago, Palestoon said:

I love this man already. just listened to the media briefing, he said all the right things.  

he was asked why he joined now instead of the summer. His response was that the club really wanted him, and he felt that by joining this project in the early stages, that would endear him to the fans and earn him more respect. He seems to really get it. If hes as good as been touted, he has club legend potential about him. 

He has a really good staff and good mentality about his carrer, never wanted to rush things, that's why he chose Lyon as his first european team, and if he chose Newcastle he truly believes in the project, he's not all about the money (but obviously plays a part).

Just finished watching his interview, continues the same kid.

Btw he talked about Athletico when he was talking about the number 39 and there were some mistranslations to english, he called us his first "big club" not professional club since he was already a professional at Audax on the lower tiers.  Also, he didn't won 4 league titles with us (I wish!). He won the Parana state regionals (with our u-23 against our biggest rivals also they were with their main squad in the final, scoring a goal), the South-American cup (equivalent to Europa League in South America), the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Suruga (a intercontinental match between the Sulamericana champions and the Asian Champions League champions).

I caught a few other mistranslations during the interview but nothing major. (they should hire me as a translator [emoji38])

Like you guys said, he has good mentality.  

Btw, I discovered you guys had Mirandinha a few days ago, only knew about Asprilla and Caçapa (Asprilla was a awesome striker btw). Mirandinha used to play to some city rivals, never liked him. [emoji38]

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That quote about aiming to win the CL here…wow.

He has that kind of mentality, always had, like I said, he likes the big games. 

Edited by JNK

On 30/01/2022 at 18:34, HaydnNUFC said:

The balls on this kid (Bruno, not Haydn; N-O still won't let me remove quotes on my phone). 

His belief in himself is seriously impressive. He's got this. 

38 minutes ago, JNK said:

He has a really good staff and good mentality about his carrer, never wanted to rush things, that's why he chose Lyon as his first european team, and if he chose Newcastle he truly believes in the project, he's not all about the money (but obviously plays a part).

Just finished watching his interview, continues the same kid.

Btw he talked about Athletico when he was talking about the number 39 and there were some mistranslations to english, he called us his firts "big club" not professional club since he was already a professional at Audax on the lower tiers.  Also, he didn't won 4 league titles with us (I wish!). He won the Parana state regionals (with our u-23 against ou biggest rivals with the main squad in the final, scoring a goal), the South-American cup (equivalent to Europa League in South America), the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Suruga (a intercontinental match between the Sulamericana champions and the Asian Champions League champions).

I caught a few other mistranslations during the interview but nothing major. (they should hire me as a translator [emoji38])

Like you guys said, he has good mentality.  

Btw, I discovered you guys had Mirandinha a few days ago, only knew about Asprilla and Caçapa (Asprilla was a awesome striker btw). Mirandinha used to play to some city rivals, never liked him. [emoji38]

He has that kind of mentality, always had, like I said, he likes the big games. 

Move over @Flipwe have a new Brazilian super forum member…

Only joking, it’s great to see some new fresh blood on here from arguably my fave footballing nation outside of, well, England. Anyway, Romario… one of my absolute all-time fave players!