Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

ASM rarely makes runs in behind though, he often comes deep to receive the ball. 

Doesn’t have to be defence splitting 

Edited by GWN

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

ASM rarely makes runs in behind though, he often comes deep to receive the ball. 

Possibly because there's not been anyone in our team that can play those passes. Only took Bruno a couple of minutes to find ASM with a through ball against Everton. 

I don't think his intelligence on the ball will always show itself in through balls and obvious chance creation. I think he'll switch the point of attack and essentially give us more control of games. Shelvey is good at those searching passes or putting it into dangerous spaces but that is also quite a speculative approach. 

26 minutes ago, 80 said:

So, is he starting today? In Howe I trust, but if we all agree he's going to get used during the busy fortnight coming up, today seems the safest time to blood him.

No I don’t think so , next week will be his time 

He's got a really weird technique when kicking the ball with any sort of power/distance. Almost as if he's just swinging his leg at it.

Must work though, thought it was a decent enough cameo

Edited by joeyt

Just now, JNK said:

How was he today?

Coudn't watch the game since I was working. 

Very good, was picking the ball up and always looking for the slide rule pass into the gaps, but we didn'r really have the runners. Wilson is going to love him.

1 minute ago, JNK said:

How was he today?

Decent. Put himself about too which was nice to see when Brentford started getting a bit tasty.

Had Chris Wood running on the end of a few defence splitting balls so no luck there obviously :lol:

One shot with nice intent but poor execution.

3 minutes ago, JNK said:

How was he today?

Couple of nice balls forward which would have probably led to us being 1 on 1 with better forwards than Wood and Fraser (although they both played well today otherwise, the latter especially). As a team we took our foot off the gas in the second though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The forwards haven't caught up with his game-reading brilliance so far, seemingly. Twice today our players were caught short when he played his defence-splitters. Remember one of them being Joelinton, who still did well to claw back possession.