Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

The way Howe resisted putting him straight in is what proper managers do. He'd have been written off under Bruce by now after being thrown into the mixer on day one.

He has that ability, just like Trippier, of knowing where to position himself, where and when to intercept, and where to pass. He's nowhere near even hitting his peak either. He plays and reads the game like a seasoned veteran and that's only with a handful of Champions League and international appearances. It's impressive as fuck. 

Don't know if it's just me but the technique he uses when he side foots a long/medium range pass with the inside of the foot makes it look like he's proper scuffed it, but it's always bang on the money

Tbf first minute of game time he won possession and unleashed the sexiest through ball of the season for us, so difficult to say. Indications are that he would have handled being thrown straight in, but we had the luxury of easing him in at the time so it made sense to do it. Well handled by Howe.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Honestly, man, howe did we end up with him? Still blows my mind. We were second bottom and nailed on for relegation, and he was being courted by fucking Arsenal, and he chose US. Like... fucking how?! [emoji38]

Supreme confidence in his own ability to lead a club into an exciting new era.

OR

He's a mercenary putting himself in the shop window for a quick move, but I'm not getting those vibes. We'll see.

27 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

I think that he might be the most rounded and accomplished player that I’ve seen play for us. There have been faster players, better dribblers but his passing, ball-retention  and tackling are incredible. And in a league that’s new to him and a team that’s not great

I remember on an older FM, he was rated as having bang average attributes in every area.  I see why they had to make him like that on the game now :lol:  They just got his ability wrong.

I don't know what to think any more.

Originally I thought that we can't stifle this lad by playing him DM, after the way he has performed the last few games but he was arguably even more effective as a DM today. 

I'm starting to think signing a Paqueta to play the Willock role might well be a killer, especially since Jonjo is comfortable in the DM role, if needed.

Bruno is not only class but he's versatile too. Unreal.