Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

I suppose the big risk (emotionally) is Liverpool buy him with monopoly money they get from Saudi for Salah. Him going somewhere else wouldn't bother me anything like as much.

The money many Saudi clubs are getting though is from PIF. As things stand, FFP will not let PIF spend the same on NUFC even if they wanted to. However a 70M+ profit on Bruno would go a long way in changing that. Perhaps we would become the "world's richest club" after all. The FFP shackles would certainly come off.

Just a thought, but if Brighton can lose a manager, all his staff, a sporting director, and many of their best players and keep on rolling, perhaps we should not become so attached to a midfielder, even a clearly brilliant one. 

I think we should always be open minded. If one of our players wanted to play for the likes  Liverpool instead of us I wouldn't be particularly comfortable with them playing for nufc anyway, however Bruno has made some firm roots here and there's no indication that he'd want to play under that cunt, I can't see him being impressed by his conduct in the last couple of years with his constant negative references to our club. The only reason for me would be looking at the next 5 years on his way to 30 years of age he thinks Liverpool have more chance of winning something than us, which based on history isnt really an argument. As long as we stay ambitious and together, we don't have to worry, but despite our tough introduction to this season we need to get some serious momentum otherwise the likes of botman, isak might assess their options not just Bruno. Early days though 

2 hours ago, Stottie said:

I suppose the big risk (emotionally) is Liverpool buy him with monopoly money they get from Saudi for Salah. Him going somewhere else wouldn't bother me anything like as much.

The money many Saudi clubs are getting though is from PIF. As things stand, FFP will not let PIF spend the same on NUFC even if they wanted to. However a 70M+ profit on Bruno would go a long way in changing that. Perhaps we would become the "world's richest club" after all. The FFP shackles would certainly come off.

Just a thought, but if Brighton can lose a manager, all his staff, a sporting director, and many of their best players and keep on rolling, perhaps we should not become so attached to a midfielder, even a clearly brilliant one. 

Liverpool also provide the case studies on how that scenario can go oh so right (turning the Coutinho loot into Van Dijk, Allison and Fabinho which provided the spine that won everything over 5 years) and what not to do (spunking the Suarez money on fucking Balotelli and Lovren) 

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

Yep.  Selling for large profits is the boost required while the commercials get rapped up - the PL has fixed us from getting an instant boost from sponsors, so each deal would (you would think) get better each time.

I’ve never got particularly emotionally attached to players being at the club - it’s the nature of football.  Doesn’t seem worth worrying about at all to me.  Some get very het up at the notion of players being sold - I couldn’t give a shite as long as the money goes back into the club (which these days it will). 

The club could have been as interested in a release clause as Bruno.  If he does go and it’s because of this, it would take some heat of them and Howe.  They know that  eventually we will have to sell fan favourites to get to the next level. 

We’ve just got to trust that the release clause is the right one.  Money, hopefully just abroad, all up front, only at specific times etc

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The club could have been as interested in a release clause as Bruno.  If he does go and it’s because of this, it would take some heat of them and Howe.  They know that  eventually we will have to sell fan favourites to get to the next level. 

We’ve just got to trust that the release clause is the right one.  Money, hopefully just abroad, all up front, only at specific times etc

Yeah, agreed - the assumption that this is only Bruno’s call is likely incorrect.  I’m pretty sure that club wouldn’t allow release clauses to be inserted into contract extensions without it also being in the club’s interest. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, agreed - the assumption that this is only Bruno’s call is likely incorrect.  I’m pretty sure that club wouldn’t allow release clauses to be inserted into contract extensions without it also being in the club’s interest. 

It's finding a compromise on the release clause. Given Caicedo's and Rice's prices I'd be surprised if the club didn't want a higher release clause than 100mill.

18 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Bacuse he's not at a world class club playing along side world class players on a weekly basis. We are nowhere near that yet, if he was at Man City, Madrid, playing along side world class players, he could easily raise the bar.

Somehow we've managed to take him backwards, I preferred the role he played in his debut season with us, he was never as deep and had more freedom, I'm confused what Eddie is trying to get from him now, because there's a player there that has it all in midfield, he can do so much more.

This. Take Bruno out of our team and put him in Man City's or Liverpool's and I'll bet he's going to look a bit better. Liverpool themselves have not been happy with their midfield, but collectively they still string together moves better than us.

Bruno is quality, we just need to get enough players around him who are in the same bracket.

22 hours ago, KingArthur said:

Cannot see anyone paying 100 million for him anyway, don't get why people are worried about release clause like that.

If he gets back to his best someone will surely pay £100m. Kinda sucks that its capped at that amount in todays market tbh. Also it can be triggered at times when it doesnt suit us, like the end of a transfer window.

Just now, Dyeyzzon said:

If someone steps up with £100m for him, I feel it would only be after he has achieved something significant with us, i.e. Declan Rice at West Ham.

What we winning this season? Newcastle qualifying for the CL is a significant achievement like.

Or other teams can see what he would bring to a more possession based team where he gets to be involved a lot more. He is class. You don’t know what you’re missing sometimes until it’s gone. He’s gonna be class again and I thought he was very good against Milan despite quite alone in the centre of the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What we winning this season? Newcastle qualifying for the CL is a significant achievement like.

Yes but having a decent run in the CL (or dare I say it, winning the EL) where he's clearly the star man - that might be what will drive up the value.

3 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Yes but having a decent run in the CL (or dare I say it, winning the EL) where he's clearly the star man - that might be what will drive up the value.

I don't think it matters tbh, transfer values seem so random these days and often don't take into account the individual's team's performances.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman