Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

I guess it depends on what you mean by technical ability, the ability to control the ball under pressure, beating a player by using close control etc then Bruno is levels ahead of Cabaye

However, when it comes to being able to strike a ball, crossing etc it isn't close, Cabaye is way ahead

Overall though, Bruno is clear of Cabaye 

On 27/12/2023 at 03:42, joeyt said:

Gibbs White was tasked with man marking him and he was much quicker to the ball than Bruno. He ran the show

Gibbs-White is a good player, feel like he could/should play for a better team.

33 minutes ago, huss9 said:

sounds ridiculous but 2 more yellows means a 2 game ban?

Aye, it counts up to the 32nd fixture, which means it's absolutely nailed on like

Edit: He's on 7 at the moment, so 3 more yellows before 32nd fixture (Fulham away on April 6th)

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye, it counts up to the 32nd fixture, which means it's absolutely nailed on like

Edit: He's on 7 at the moment, so 3 more yellows before 32nd fixture (Fulham away on April 6th)

their mistake then.

flashed up 8 when he got booked tonight.

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

their mistake then.

flashed up 8 when he got booked tonight.

I could be mistaken, Premier League site has him on 8, as does livescore and whoscored 

Whereas nufc.com as well as FPL has him on 7 

He s World Class imo. It’s just that in a team like ours some of his weaknesses gets exposed at times, especially when we are bad. EVERY player has weaknesses and they can be seen, especially when the team as a whole doesn’t quite work.

Put Bruno in one of the world best possession based teams and it won’t take a lot of time before he’s a level above next level. Better ball playing players around him in a team that is great in possession and control games that’s when we will see the absolute true  best version of him. 

I think the biggest weakness he has is in defensive transitions. Otherwise I don’t see much tbh. Maybe his shooting. We just need to get the team working correctly again to prevent these and othera weaknesses from happening too often. 

He is amazing, he truly is. He would be even better and higher rated in a different kind of team imo. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We have maybe two players who could start for Man City, Bruno and Isak. 

Don't think our CB's would look out of place either. I'd have Gordon over Grealish as well.

Hypothetically speaking. IF we sold Bruno for say 100m. How much would that open up in regards to FFP, as in how much extra would that alone give us to spend? 

Heart says “I don’t want him sold no matter what”. Head says that maybe, just maybe it’s something we have to do to be able to progress as a whole? He has his best years ahead of him. Does he personally have the time to grow with us? He will be 27 next season and is in his prime years now and the next 3-4 seasons ahead. 

Im thinking outside the box here, like really. I desperately want him to be part of us as we grow and I really really want him to stay. But can we grow quick enough? Would it be “win win” for everyone if he was sold for a 100m? Apart from that we don’t really want to sell our best players and it would be heartbreaking too. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It can’t even be considered IMO, he’s a key part of our future team. 

He very much is and I absolutely love him. I’m just not sure if we can evolve quickly enough to manage to keep hold of him. Even though he is our crown jewel would selling him help us overall as well? Would it give us the chance of getting an extra 4 50m players or similar instead? I’m just thinking hypothetically here. 

Also, was it Ashworth who said that we will likely sell one of our better players here and there to allow us to progress properly? Players that we won’t want to sell ideally. 

I think he needs to be part of a two with the third player playing further forward to get the best out of him. We need Bruno to be the one picking the ball up from the centre backs but we also need someone back there who is more defence minded who has a bit of pace and athleticism. It is very concerning how pretty much every team we play now finds that gap between the defence and midfield that we could all see was a potential weakness, especially after the Villa game last year. I think it is just getting exposed more now because teams are bypassing our press so much easier than last season and then it is easy to find the gaps. 

I love Howe and hope it works long term with him, but I think he needs to be less stubborn and look to change his style a little bit because it isn't working at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

He s World Class imo. It’s just that in a team like ours some of his weaknesses gets exposed at times, especially when we are bad. EVERY player has weaknesses and they can be seen, especially when the team as a whole doesn’t quite work.

Put Bruno in one of the world best possession based teams and it won’t take a lot of time before he’s a level above next level. Better ball playing players around him in a team that is great in possession and control games that’s when we will see the absolute true  best version of him. 

I think the biggest weakness he has is in defensive transitions. Otherwise I don’t see much tbh. Maybe his shooting. We just need to get the team working correctly again to prevent these and othera weaknesses from happening too often. 

He is amazing, he truly is. He would be even better and higher rated in a different kind of team imo. 

You can see exactly why Barcelona or Madrid would want him. I reckon he'd be a good fit for Man City too, but defensively he can be caught out in transition so I wonder if they would maybe decide against making a move.

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It can’t even be considered IMO, he’s a key part of our future team. 

The sad reality is we have to consider the fact that Bruno might be the one driving for this and that him leaving in the summer may be a possibility. We are going to have to trade players over the next few years, and we might not be able to keep our best players at this stage in the club's journey

16 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

The sad reality is we have to consider the fact that Bruno might be the one driving for this and that him leaving in the summer may be a possibility. We are going to have to trade players over the next few years, and we might not be able to keep our best players at this stage in the club's journey

It’s possible but there’s absolutely no sign at the moment. 

This is always the problem with the first big players through the door.. they either have to be patient for others to follow or become part of the solution to allow us to progress in FFP.

I'm hoping he can hold out but maybe the taste of champions league makes him even more frustrated 

20 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

This is always the problem with the first big players through the door.. they either have to be patient for others to follow or become part of the solution to allow us to progress in FFP.

I'm hoping he can hold out but maybe the taste of champions league makes him even more frustrated 

I would say Bruno, Botman, Isak and Tonali are that elite level, and so is Trippier based on his ceiling and his presence.