Dan Burn

Rich

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Somebody will step up and take the slot ??

Javier........its time to be Howe'd.

To be fair he's been OK for us, came in and been great and only dropped off when given a run (under Bruce).

Been really impressed with Tino but it's going to be a huge blow to our tactics if we're playing Trippier on the left for a considerable amount of time. 

Need Tino to continue to hit the ground running

Just now, black_n_white said:

With Targett out injured this is not great news. We are quite well stocked at left back though.

"I want to see more of Livramento and Hall. How come we spent 60 million pound on two fullbacks who never get to play?"

(monkeys paw curls)

Not that I want burn out of the side but you feel for Targett. This would have been his chance to get back to first choice but he's fucked too. 

Tino will benefit in experience but you'd think he'll 100% drop back to the bench when a LB returns to fitness. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Javier........its time to be Howe'd.

To be fair he's been OK for us, came in and been great and only dropped off when given a run (under Bruce).

To be honest a run under Bruce was more a light aimless jog.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Not that I want burn out of the side but you feel for Targett. This would have been his chance to get back to first choice but he's fucked too. 

Tino will benefit in experience but you'd think he'll 100% drop back to the bench when a LB returns to fitness. 

I don't think so. This could herald the new normal.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Remember when Burn did well filling in at LB and Targett couldn't get into the side when he got fit again?  If Tino carries on performing at the level he has been and Trippier does a job at LB, I don't think Burn will have a chance at getting back in the XI.

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Been really impressed with Tino but it's going to be a huge blow to our tactics if we're playing Trippier on the left for a considerable amount of time. 

Said it before but this is why Tino should play on the left. As an excellent 1v1 defender he's made for that deeper role that Burn plays. 

I think it was right to move Trips against Arsenal because it would be insane to throw Tino in at the deep end out of position at half time, but think we might consider it with some preparation done on the training pitch. 

Edited by Smal

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

This is a big thing. I think it got mentioned a few times but as good as Tino was individually, Miggy looked a bit lost at times without Trippier controlling things behind him, and you have to assume Trippier won't look quite so potent himself.

I'm sure Howe will have been working on it if it's the route he goes but it does make me fear some disjointed play going forward while everyone gets used to it.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

This is a big thing. I think it got mentioned a few times but as good as Tino was individually, Miggy looked a bit lost at times without Trippier controlling things behind him, and you have to assume Trippier won't look quite so potent himself.

I'm sure Howe will have been working on it if it's the route he goes but it does make me fear some disjointed play going forward while everyone gets used to it.

We should just throw Livramento on the left and see how it works. Too much runs through Trippier to start playing him out of position.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Manquillo is also out injured at the moment like. Plus he isn't even in the CL squad.

J. Murphy is the other one who could cover at right back if desperate (he played well there in pre-season a couple of times iirc?) but he's probably injured for months now too :lol: 

This is fucked. Hope the players who are fit don't let it get to them too much.

Shit the bed man. We needed the squad to cope and recover with the fixtures, our lads giving everything every game and give a fair accurate account of ourselve, have no squad at present. 

Gagging for this international break now just to take stock