Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

This is from Richard Arnold, implying he hasn't done it. 

"While we were unable to access certain evidence for reasons we respect, the evidence we did collate led us to conclude that Mason did not commit the acts he was charged with. I am restricted as to what I can say for legal reasons, including the alleged victim's ongoing right to anonymity, but I am able to share the following with you which should give you some insight into the complexity of this case.

• The alleged victim requested the police to drop their investigation in April 2022.

• We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.

• The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings."

Is there any direct evidence to imply what the club has said is false? 

I saw and heard what everyone else heard and thought it abhorrent. However, if there is a broader context I’m not aware of and the police, the CPS and the lawyers representing him, her and her club are aware of it and the basis of allthe facts have come to this decision….Maybe they’re right?

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Is there any direct evidence to imply what the club has said is false? 

I saw and heard what everyone else heard and thought it abhorrent. However, if there is a broader context I’m not aware of and the police, the CPS and the lawyers representing him, her and her club are aware of it and the basis of allthe facts have come to this decision….Maybe they’re right?

If such evidence exists and all parties agree he's innocent, shouldn't that evidence be released? Wouldn't everyone prefer that, than he can get on with his career at Man U and we can all share in this knowledge of his innocence?

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

If the longer recording absolves him in some way perhaps they should release it. I’m guessing it doesn’t.

Think of the consequences of that also. The best case scenario from releasing the full recording is probably that a young woman enjoys rape fantasies and it's plastered all over the internet. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Think of the consequences of that also. The best case scenario from releasing the full recording is probably that a young woman enjoys rape fantasies and it's plastered all over the internet. 

But if that’s all it was then why was she posting this stuff on social media accusing him? Doesn’t sound likely to me.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That's not the best case at all.

That's the worst case, which is still many steps better than what everyone currently thinks of her.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Shocker from the Mancs.

Ordinarily. I would have sympathy for the lass - but she's gone back to him (probs for the lifestyle) - her parents are backing her (!) He will beat her again, because cunts like that can't help themselves.

Her and her family are well off. She's a millionaire in her own right. 

I don't think she ever left him. 

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If that was the case, and also that he didn't do any of what the pictures were showing, this case should've been solved a long time ago. Unless she was working really hard to screw him over.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

If that was the case, and also that he didn't do any of what the pictures were showing, this case should've been solved a long time ago.

I genuinely don't understand how law works so not even going to try and figure it out. The CPS dropped charges because they said there wasn't a realistic chance of a conviction. I have no clue how that's a possibility with the pictures and audio unless there's an explanation for them. 

The club’s handling of the whole situation has been appalling.

When it comes to an employee and employer agreeing to part ways by mutual consent, it means they part ways under a settlement agreement. Yet that isn’t what is happening here, instead the club either want to sell him or will loan him out for a season, then look to sell him but I wouldn’t rule out them trying to reintroduce him at that point.

Basically, their decision is being driven by money. If he was a youngster like the La they sold recently for a million they would have just pulled the plug on him.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I genuinely don't understand how law works so not even going to try and figure it out. The CPS dropped charges because they said there wasn't a realistic chance of a conviction. I have no clue how that's a possibility with the pictures and audio unless there's an explanation for them. 

Because there are scenarios where you can explain away the pictures and audio. Any half decent defence lawyer would do so.

The jury would have to find him guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. Without a witness to the events that's just not happening.

Dont believe any word of that. If there were a longer recording that exhonorates him it would be released by now. 

Spare her feelings? Dont make me laugh. We are talking about a £50m+ asset here.

Edited by Displayname

Doesn't say he'll never play for them again, just it's best to restart his career away from Old Trafford.

I think they want to loan him for a while then try to bring him back.

They've shown they have no morals with that statement declaring him innocent.

Can't see any club wanting him let alone signing him. As soon as the rumours start that club x will sign/loan him the rightful backlash will start and they'll have to pull out. 

He really thought he was untouchable didn't he the ****

Edited by Scotty66

Three months in some sort of anger management/rehabilitation centre in America. Back in first team training after that. On the bench for their first FA Cup game.

image.thumb.png.d82be8812b89ecbd30bfdba73968c4fc.png

"Look we can discuss all day whether Mason should be playing or not. That's irrelevant. What matters is the Glazers continue not to spend money", said Gary Neville following Man Utd' 3 - 0 defeat at home to  Forest Green Rovers which saw the debut of Man Utd's newest signing, Mbappe, signed for a club & world record fee of £300m.

Edited by TBG