Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

Some people are living in a dream world man. This is our reality now, of course a comparison is going to be drawn with us, that's how it is now, you don't get to separate our owners and the club when it suits you. Fucking whinging about it, getting people sacked for bringing it up, and defending people who are indefensible is literally sportswashing in action. 

All this 'well he shouldn't have said it' 'it's not a breach of freedom of speech because Twitter's a private platform' (ie the exact fucking problem) and this, that and the other, is hoying any excuse in front of it to ignore the fact that it's just yet more cancel culture being excused, brushed aside, or lauded because your enemy's the one being cancelled - tbf I'd be very confident he's been exactly the same too, it's beyond the pale now. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Oh and some footballer raping and abusing someone has zero connection to and with NUFC or our owners and no-one should ever simply just be allowed to (without facing some consequences) utter such nonsense on a public platform. If a journo did so in a newspaper they would be rightly hammered. The sun’s front page after Hillsborough anyone? That’s how dangerous doing so can be!

To use the rape and abuse of someone in the manner he did is vile, despicable and downright ugly. What next, Tommy Robinson would make a great chairman of the NUST, a bust of Hitler wouldn’t look out of place in the NUFC boardroom, the Westboro Baptist Church should replace the City’s cathedral?

It’s absurd his tweet and the mindset of these idiots, I’d expect it from a mackem on RTG. I’m sick and tired of the ugly undertones that some Tom DICK or Harry with a FB page or a Twitter handle are allowed to use such platforms to spout their bile 24-7, NUFC related or not, from race to immigration, Brexit to religion, LBGT to politics.

Freedom of speech is imperative, but so is the freedom to condemn, ignore and shut out ugly noise from the deranged and dangerous minds and mouths of these trolls and those who seek pleasure in getting their twisted opinions, diatribe, lies and downright dangerous views out into the world, online and offline. the sad thing is he probably thought he was being ever so clever, smart and witty and it’s backfired and it’s his own fault for being a dick about something that is seriousness and doesn’t need the likes of this moron turning into some bantz…

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Some people are living in a dream world man. This is our reality now, of course a comparison is going to be drawn with us, that's how it is now, you don't get to separate our owners and the club when it suits you. Fucking whinging about it, getting people sacked for bringing it up, and defending people who are indefensible is literally sportswashing in action. 

All these 'well he shouldn't have said it' 'it's not a breach of freedom of speech because Twitter's a private platform' (ie the exact fucking problem) and this, that and the other, is hoying any excuse in front of it to ignore the fact that it's just yet more cancel culture being excused, brushed aside, or lauded because your enemy's the one being cancelled - tbf I'd be very confident has been exactly the same too, it's beyond the pale now. 

Take it up with his employers if you're so broken for him. He used his free speech on a public forum, using his employers handle and upset people. They, his employers, clearly agreed. 

As for cancel culture, he's been "cancelled" that much he was straight back on that very same public forum whining for victimhood.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It's not okay because it's about someone who's connected with something you love, basically.

It’s not OK in any context or situation. Greenwood would make a good Police Officer… 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Take it up with his employers if you're so broken for him. He used his free speech on a public forum, using his employers handle and upset people. They, his employers, clearly agreed. 

As for cancel culture, he's been "cancelled" that much he was straight back on that very same public forum whining for victimhood.

Of course his employers agreed, it's bad PR for them, which is why the people who grass do it and why it's a much wider problem than him and whatever sympathy you might think I have for him specifically. 

The cancellation part is him being fired, not being on Twitter. And he is the victim in this, who else is? NUFC fans? MBS and KSA? Whoever grassed on him obviously thinks so. 

"The world we live in" includes corporations with pathologies around maintaining pristine reputations and images. Tarnishing them by association is a punishable offense in every contract I've seen even if not stated in those exact words. The only people getting away with it - shock jocks, outrage merchants and the like - are those that bring in enough cash, and even then only to some extent. I can't imagine any adult employee of a large organization failing to know that in this day and age. There is no pleading ignorance to the attacks you open yourself up to when it comes to doing that on a public platform like Twitter.

That said, that vanity is obviously a weak spot being exploited by the petty and vindictive. Was a sacking justified here? Probably not.

Edited by thomas

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Forgive me for not believing for a single second that you uphold that belief across the board like.

I’d have called him out if it was brought to my attention if he tweeted Mason Greenwood would have been an ideal Police Officer for the Met.

But it seems you know me better than myself…

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not okay because it's about someone who's connected with something you love (the rape of people close to me), basically.

While I agree with some of the wider points about pile ons and people getting their lives ruined for years-old ill-advised comments etc, someone getting the sack over rape bants on a Twitter account where he has his employer in his bio is hardly cancel culture like. 

Edited by TheHoob

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d have called him out if it was brought to my attention if he tweeted Mason Greenwood would have been an ideal Police Officer for the Met.

But it seems you know me better than myself…

I'm sure that if I search for "Adam AND Johnson" on here there'll be absolutely no insinuation or banter about how what he did has any connection with or is any reflection on the Mackems from you and others. 

Or Man City's owners and Man City fans.

Don't take it personally, I think we're all full of shit. I'm just wondering if/when more will come to the same realisation or not. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

While I agree with some of the wider points about pile ons and people getting their lives ruined for years-old ill-advised comments etc, someone getting the sack over rape bants on a Twitter account where he has his employer in his bio is hardly cancel culture like. 

I'd say it's the naive, low-hanging fruit of the same culture. The urge to be a grass and to go through with being a grass is still there. 

18 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Maybe I’m being naive but what’s the correlation between PIF or the Saudi state and rape?

A stupid cheap shot predicated on the premise that Saudi women have no equality = Saudis condone violence towards women, I assume.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm sure that if I search for "Adam AND Johnson" on here there'll be absolutely no insinuation or banter about how what he did has any connection with or is any reflection on the Mackems from you and others. 

Don't take it personally, I think we're all full of shit. I'm just wondering if/when more will come to the same realisation or not. :lol:

There probably will be, but this is a NUFC supporters forum, basically an online pub, if I overstepped the mark, however, I’d get banned by one of the mods, I wouldn’t do it on Twitter with a blue tick next to me and aye, you’re again right not to take it personally, but I know several people very close to me who have been the victims of various forms of abuse and actual rape.

That and I’m also very anti Twitter/online trolls using social media and saying whatever the fuck they like without any consequences, Trump did it for 4 years and look at what damage he caused.

My original point has always been, it’s his own fault and maybe next time, he will think twice and if so, that will be the best for himself and everyone else because if the world we live in right now needs more of something, it’s morons like him spouting vile crap on social media unchecked. NUFC related or not!

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

There probably will be, but this is a NUFC supporters forum, basically an online pub, if I overstepped the mark, however, I’d get banned by one of the mods, I wouldn’t do it on Twitter with a blue tick next to me and aye, you’re again right not to take it personally, but I know several people very close to who have been the victims of abuse and rape and I’m also very anti Twitter/online trolls using social media. My original point has always been, it’s his own fault and maybe next time, he will think twice and if so, that will be the best for himself and everyone else because if the world we live in right now needs more of something, it’s morons like him spouting vile crap on social media unchecked. 

If you overstepped the mark and someone had the motivation to do so, you could just as easily be fired over something you posted on here like, it's a public forum. 

Agree to disagree, I don't think he's really said anything all that controversial tbh. I'ce read worse on Reddit which is full of nerds. If I was that sensitive over the subject matter I'd be much more up in arms about why there's a link being made between the subject and our owners than the people making the link.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you overstepped the mark and someone had the motivation to do so, you could just as easily be fired over something you posted on here like, it's a public forum. 

Agree to disagree, I don't think he's really said anything all that controversial tbh. I'ce read worse on Reddit which is full of nerds. If I was that sensitive over the subject matter I'd be much more up in arms about why there's a link being made between the subject and our owners than the people making the link.

Just as well I’m my own boss then :lol: O0

Edited by HTT II

47 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can get fucked too, as long as it leaves us its cash.

Would carry slightly more credence if you said take your cash with you as well, we don't want anything to do with you.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would love to know how you thread the needle of abhorring rape and what Mason Greenwood's done, while also defending the club's owners to the extent that you'll get someone fired or laud him being fired for drawing a line between the two. 

... and some think that sportswashing isn't really a thing.

You read his post, see Newcastle United and think 'that's me, that's my club, its history, its players, Amanda and Mahrdad' and think what he's saying is disgusting based on that, not even stopping to think for a second that he obviously means the 80% owner and that ultimately what he's saying, beyond being tasteless, isn't particularly controversial.

I’m always a sceptic of these things but I don’t get your point mate. Sportswashing according to Wikipedia is ‘practice of an individual, group, corporation, or nation-state using a major or prestigious international sport to improve its reputation, through hosting a sporting event, the purchase or sponsorship of sporting teams, or by participation in the sport itself.’ In this case you have people unhappy he’s making a cheap shot at our owners in a very insensitive manner. I don’t condone the abuse he’s got but it’s a very classless thing to say and that’s not from any allegiance to the Saudi state I have. 

If it’s stuff like that or a small minority of whoppers in tea towels that Amnesty International, journalists and that SNP melt are so concerned about then I think they’re wasting their time. Their human rights issues aren’t going to be concealed so even if they become a more favourable country to visit or do business with, I’m not sure what the issues really are until there are great swathes of our population who believe the human rights abuses are all lies or something like that. 

13 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I’m always a sceptic of these things but I don’t get your point mate. Sportswashing according to Wikipedia is ‘practice of an individual, group, corporation, or nation-state using a major or prestigious international sport to improve its reputation, through hosting a sporting event, the purchase or sponsorship of sporting teams, or by participation in the sport itself.’ In this case you have people unhappy he’s making a cheap shot at our owners in a very insensitive manner. I don’t condone the abuse he’s got but it’s a very classless thing to say and that’s not from any allegiance to the Saudi state I have. 

If it’s stuff like that or a small minority of whoppers in tea towels that Amnesty International, journalists and that SNP melt are so concerned about then I think they’re wasting their time. Their human rights issues aren’t going to be concealed so even if they become a more favourable country to visit or do business with, I’m not sure what the issues really are until there are great swathes of our population who believe the human rights abuses are all lies or something like that. 

It's not people who are unhappy about it though, it's a group of Newcastle fans who are unhappy about it because they now have a reason where either there wasn't one before, or where they held the opposing view when the same criticism was thrown at Man City or PSG, and will go out and defend their club's owners and have people fired because they're connected with something they love.

We, like Man City, now have a group of people who'll defend them to the hilt because all criticism over their ownership of the club is viewed as being levelled harshy at themselves, the fanbase, and the club rather than squarely at the owners.

Never in a million years would the reaction on here a few years ago have been 'pfff, that's a bit insensitive of him, good on those Man City fans for getting him sacked', nor would it have even been 'well he brought it on himself' if it had been about them. It would have overwhelmingly been 'fucking hell, look at these cunts defending some of the worst people on the planet' or being more charitable 'they've lost their minds'

Edited by Kid Icarus