Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

From media in Aug 2021:

“Debbie Byrne, prosecuting, said Mendy was originally arrested and released under investigation on 11 November last year on suspicion of rape. In January, he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, the court was told.

Byrne said one of Mendy’s bail conditions was that he should not have house parties. She said police were called to a party attended by up to 21 people at Mendy’s home in the Cheshire village of Mottram St Andrew this week. He was then arrested over a further allegation of rape and for allegedly breaching his bail conditions, the court heard.

The prosecutor said Mendy had shown an an unwillingness to comply with his bail conditions, and he should be remanded in custody to prevent him from carrying out further offences.

She said: “The defendant has shown total disregard and, the crown will say, an arrogance in ignoring the bail conditions and continuing to conduct his social life as he chooses.” “

I know very little about the Mendy case bar the headlines but my first reaction to reading that is who the fuck is pitching up to his gaff for a party after he's been arrested for that?  Who were these 21 people and what the hell was going on in their heads?

5 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I know very little about the Mendy case bar the headlines but my first reaction to reading that is who the fuck is pitching up to his gaff for a party after he's been arrested for that?  Who were these 21 people and what the hell was going on in their heads?

Off duty Met Officers and Man City's versions of Steve Wraith and Adam Spectrum, I'd guess

It looks like Southgate new something was going on, he hasn't picked Greenwood since 2020 and he agreed last year not to pick him again till at least this year, I think their is more to come for this story.

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

It looks like Southgate new something was going on, he hasn't picked Greenwood since 2020 and he agreed last year not to pick him again till at least this year, I think their is more to come for this story.

I would say this is nonsense. There were simply better options available for Southgate at the time, or certainly what he felt were more trustworthy options.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I would say this is nonsense. There were simply better options available for Southgate at the time, or certainly what he felt were more trustworthy options.

After speaking with Greenwood and his family they agreed not to pick him though

22 hours ago, triggs said:

Very little info has been released on the Mendy cases which is why I think it's a bit daft to compare him to Ted Bundy at this point :lol:

It's not at all daft. Of course you can compare them. Ted Bundy was a terrible left back and would never get in the City side ahead of Mendy.

27 minutes ago, hakka said:

It's not at all daft. Of course you can compare them. Ted Bundy was a terrible left back and would never get in the City side ahead of Mendy.

Bundy could escape from tight situations though and could hammer his way through bodies right left and centre. Plus he had that killer instinct! 

Edited by HTT II

On 03/02/2022 at 07:33, HTT II said:

They are, but profilers in the US have found a common link between serial rapists and serial murderers, or those that become serial rapists are then likely to go on and also commit murder in the future.

We studied this a little in psychology and the reason why is very much like what Ted Bundy said, a dead person can’t talk. In some places you could get the death penalty for rape, and if you think about it logically, if you are risking raping someone and getting the death penalty, there is little to stop you from going on to kill then because the punishment (death penalty) is the same, however killing someone in addition to raping them may give you a better opportunity to get away with your crimes.

Ultimatly though, the only thing really preventing anyone from being a victim of crime or committing crime is if the person committing the crime values their freedom or believes they can get away with it.

For the likes of Greenwood, it appears as if he believed he could control/manipulate someone to the extent that they would never reveal his actions, and for a while it seems like that worked.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We studied this a little in psychology and the reason why is very much like what Ted Bundy said, a dead person can’t talk. In some places you could get the death penalty for rape, and if you think about it logically, if you are risking raping someone and getting the death penalty, there is little to stop you from going on to kill then because the punishment (death penalty) is the same, however killing someone in addition to raping them may give you a better opportunity to get away with your crimes.

Ultimatly though, the only thing really preventing anyone from being a victim of crime or committing crime is if the person committing the crime values their freedom or believes they can get away with it.

For the likes of Greenwood, it appears as if he believed he could control/manipulate someone to the extent that they would never reveal his actions, and for a while it seems like that worked.

Aye and that’s why they repeat their offences. With Bundy his lust for murder was to control his victims entirely, to own them so no-one else could. It was initially to eliminate a witness, but it then went further than that to the point he would revisit his dump sites and have sex with dead corpses. He was one sick fucker!

3 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Far too many armchair psychologists in this thread :lol: 

Aren’t even the pros armchair psychologists?

Just now, HTT II said:

Aren’t even the pros armchair psychologists?

Depends on the type of armchair, I assume. Mahogany legs and fully upholstered (true psychiatrist chair, as seen on telly), or hastily put together IKEA with a cup holder built in (certified N-O psychiatrist)? 

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

If that were the case then surely crime rates would be directly proptinal to the severity of punishment? Which I don't think is the case, to some extent the opposite, places with very severe punishments often have higer rates of murder and sexual assault.

Most people wouldn't commit rape and murder because most people are inherently caring and empathetic, not because they think they'd get caught.

I very much doubt any such thoughts of 'getting away with it' entered Greenwood's head. As he says in the recording "you're my girlfriend"  it seems more like he felt he was entitled to do what he did to her.

Edited by Jackie Broon

On 03/02/2022 at 07:57, HTT II said:

I was referring to Mendy, and if it’s true what he did, he is clearly a psychopath (same with Greenwood), interestingly it’s deemed those that get to the top level, be it in sports or CEOs of huge companies and even presidents, have psychopathic tendencies.

Yeah, professions such Dr’s, surgeons, high level bankers, and even air traffic controllers all have a disproportionately high percentage of psychopaths within the profession.

It’s worth remembering though that only a small percentage of psychopaths are homicidal.

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Depends on the type of armchair, I assume. Mahogany legs and fully upholstered (true psychiatrist chair, as seen on telly), or hastily put together IKEA with a cup holder built in (certified N-O psychiatrist)? 

I prefer my 16th century chaise lounge myself…

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, professions such Dr’s, surgeons, high level bankers, and even air traffic controllers all have a disproportionately high percentage of psychopaths within the profession.

It’s worth remembering though that only a small percentage of psychopaths are homicidal.

I read somewhere once that we all have psychopathic and even homicidal tendencies in us, but for most our compassion, empathy and caring overrides that. Many psychos who go on to commit murder, rape and extreme violence etc. don’t have the capacity to show empathy, care, compassion and even love. Narcissism is pretty high on the scale when profiling these types too.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

What are you basing that on? Or is it an assumption?

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

That wouldn't stop an England manager picking a Man Utd player. There were rumours linking Greenwood to a rape and kidnap arrest in 2020, it would be very interesting to know if that really was him and how much England and Man Utd knew about it.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

That wouldn't stop an England manager picking a Man Utd player.

Rashford is a media darling, and put off having surgery to be part of the Euro squad and he wasn't picked. Nothing to do with being a Man United player.