Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

44 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you overstepped the mark and someone had the motivation to do so, you could just as easily be fired over something you posted on here like, it's a public forum. 

That's nonsense though, unless you use your real name on here 

Even if your real employer was tracked down, they'd be unlikely to care that a random account called "Kid Icarus" had said something controversial because that in no way reflects badly on them as a company because nobody stumbling upon your words will form the link to your employer without considerable effort.

However using a work-verified Twitter account is massively different. It reflects badly on the company and will affect how clients feel if they see it. And clients likely WILL see it. Coupled to the exposure level - anyone can see a tweet, however it takes effort to sign up here and there a much smaller user base.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm sure that if I search for "Adam AND Johnson" on here there'll be absolutely no insinuation or banter about how what he did has any connection with or is any reflection on the Mackems from you and others. 

Or Man City's owners and Man City fans.

Don't take it personally, I think we're all full of shit. I'm just wondering if/when more will come to the same realisation or not. :lol:

Isn't the fact that Johnson played for Sunderland at the time the reason they got stick? I'm pretty certain if he played for Coventry it would be their fans getting the same stick?

Realise this is absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, but thought it was a strange enough example to call out. I think the majority of us expect the public backlash re Saudi, but if he'd come out and said "Greenwood should play for Norwich, I hear their fans all love beating their wives" I'm pretty certain we'd all still think he's a dickhead and call him out on it.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That's nonsense though, unless you use your real name on here 

Even if your real employer was tracked down, they'd be unlikely to care that a random account called "Kid Icarus" had said something controversial because that in no way reflects badly on them as a company because nobody stumbling upon your words will form the link to your employer without considerable effort.

However using a work-verified Twitter account is massively different. It reflects badly on the company and will affect how clients feel if they see it. And clients likely WILL see it. Coupled to the exposure level - anyone can see a tweet, however it takes effort to sign up here and there a much smaller user base.

I definitely agree that there are differences like, but it's still possible depending on where you work and who kicked up a fuss about it and the likleyhood of it becoming a bigger PR problem. It's happened at my work with students rather than staff. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Isn't the fact that Johnson played for Sunderland at the time the reason they got stick? I'm pretty certain if he played for Coventry it would be their fans getting the same stick?

Realise this is absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, but thought it was a strange enough example to call out. I think the majority of us expect the public backlash re Saudi, but if he'd come out and said "Greenwood should play for Norwich, I hear their fans all love beating their wives" I'm pretty certain we'd all still think he's a dickhead and call him out on it.

On the bit in bold, I agree with you yeah. On the same basis, we're getting stick because it's us who are owned by KSA and it would be Villa or Everton or whoever getting the stick if it was them, with us all joining in. 

For the other bit, we would think he's a dickhead because there's no link to be drawn between what's happened and Delia Smith, whereas there is that link to be drawn to MBS and KSA. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'd suggest that if anything, one of the things least tolerated in KSA is rape. 

Not sure it's something to really get into on here, or in this thread, but needless to say I don't think that's the case and that I think who gets punishment and who doesn't is selective, put it that way. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

In the midst of a breaking story he chose to trivialise a pretty serious assault for the sake of banter, that being said the proceeding pile on was churlish and I would suggest had nothing to do with the actual tweet but anger and defence of something people love, i.e. NUFC. What's happening right now, people digging up tweets from 11 years ago is beyond the pale, there really is no good guys in this. It would have been preferable for him to have been punished, put out an apology and for the focus to be put back on the poor girl who is in the centre of the actual story, not this side show, freak show.

2 hours ago, TheHoob said:

While I agree with some of the wider points about pile ons and people getting their lives ruined for years-old ill-advised comments etc, someone getting the sack over rape bants on a Twitter account where he has his employer in his bio is hardly cancel culture like. 

Yep. Isn't it just like in any walk of work being paid to represent that company if you've got their uniform on, using their platform or on their premises. Sort of thing you pick up on day one is that you don't go around effing and blinding, talking and behaving the way you do with your mates and is part of what you're being paid for.

He got sacked for his unprofessionalism and stupidy being pointed out to his employees whilst effectively on their time. You'd at least be reprimanded at most places for the same outside of the internet.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Have no problem with him losing his job, like. If you're going to use someone being raped to try and wind people up and get a reaction you can't then cry when it wasn't the reaction you wanted. 

Got to be thick as fuck posting stuff like that from a verified account when you're working in media. 

If you welcome a murderous regime its not a stretch to say you'll welcome a rapist. The only difference is that one of those happens thousands of miles away 

It's hypocritical but then again it's pretty hard to not be a hypocrite these days 

Edited by triggs

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

If you welcome a murderous regime its not a stretch to say you'll welcome a rapist. The only difference is that one of those happens thousands of miles away 

Who is the ‘you’ you are referring to here? 

8 minutes ago, triggs said:

He’s right.  Far too many US air bases on our green and pleasant land. (The daft cunt)

Edited by RS

10 minutes ago, triggs said:

It's hypocritical but then again it's pretty hard to not be a hypocrite these days 

Hmmm...good point. let's talk about Newcastle and their evil backers rather than Mason Greenwood's horrendous crime then.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Hmmm...good point. let's talk about Newcastle and their evil backers rather than Mason Greenwood's horrendous crime then.

Or lets not start crying about how unfairly treated we are every time its brought up

It's literally just some nobody on the Internet that brought it up

Edited by triggs

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Not really sure how dragging Newcastle or Saudi Arabia into this is doing justice to this case. People who are using it to have a dig at either are just trivialising the actual assault.

The sad thing is, if it was some random bloke, it wouldn’t even enter into the thick cunt’s head to tweet about, just like if we were never taken over the mackems over on RTG wouldn’t all be up in arms about the atrocities committed by SA. He’s used the alleged rape and abuse of a women by a footballer to use against a football club and its fanbase basically, which is as irrational as you can get, and again the two are not related at all nor ever would be. 

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, triggs said:

Or lets not start crying about how unfairly treated we are every time its brought up

It's literally just some nobody on the Internet that brought it up

I’m all for people bringing up the atrocities committed by SA and would side with anyone who did so in a legitimate, non biased, contextualised, non agenda way, the likes of this daft cunt and the mackems on RTG, however, don’t and never will give a fuck about human rights, Yemen or could point out SA on a map if it was circled for them. They can all fuck off like, using the rape and abuse of a women by a footballer against our club and its fans and especially for bantz, likes, clicks and to get hard on the reaction to it. What did he expect anyway? Is it petty, churlish and sad some people have contacted his employer and are revelling in his sacking, probably aye, but again what did he expect? The simple fact is if he wasn’t a brain dead idiot which he clearly is to have tweeted what he did never mind including NUFC in it, he would still have his job. You can’t cry foul, when you’ve fouled up in the first place. Fuck him!

Edited by HTT II

Will Man Utd now be labelled rapist FC, are all their players now rapists, do they hate women, are the people of Manchester now all rapist and women abusers? No right minded person would rationalise any of that and connect it with Man Utd or their fans or the city and people of Manchester. So why NUFC? Because we are owned by PIF? Again if you want to go after them for their atrocities, do it for all and any of the right reasons and don’t be biased, or show an agenda and at least put it all into context or so. If not shut the fuck up and go away, you offer nothing to anything other than filling the air online and offline with bad fucking breath and a stink. If anything there is an argument of racism, jingoism, bigotry and intolerance displayed by these morons towards SA and it’s people. In that they are all terrorist, rapists, hate gay people, hate women, are adulterers, wear tea-towels on their heads, ride camels, are backwards, third world, hate the west, fly planes into sky scrapers and shit in the sand. 

Edited by HTT II

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm sure that if I search for "Adam AND Johnson" on here there'll be absolutely no insinuation or banter about how what he did has any connection with or is any reflection on the Mackems from you and others. 

Or Man City's owners and Man City fans.

Don't take it personally, I think we're all full of shit. I'm just wondering if/when more will come to the same realisation or not. :lol:

Not in any way comparable whatsoever.

Johnson admitted to the club he had kissed an underage girl and they persisted to play him, whilst pretending he was innocent. Of course people are able to form judgements about the club after that.

That’s a totally different scenario to this.

The Greenwood situation has absolutely nothing to do with NUFC. There is no need to make comparisons between his evil actions and a football club with no link whatsoever.

What it does is this. It detracts away from the real situation of a young woman who has been horrifically abused and instead we sit discussing something totally irrelevant.

Edited by Fantail Breeze