Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not in anyway comparable whatsoever.

Johnson admitted to the club he had kissed an underage girl and they persisted to play him, whilst pretending he was innocent.

That’s a totally different scenario to this.

The Greenwood situation has absolutely nothing to do with NUFC. There is no need to make comparisons between his evil actions and a football club with no link whatsoever.

What it does is this. It detracts away from the real situation of a young woman who has been horrifically abused and instead we sit discussing something totally irrelevant.

Aye but we can now feel sorry for the real victim, the Twitter bloke who lost his job…

2 hours ago, 54 said:

In other horrible news, Mendy has had another charge brought onto him, rising his total to 8 :anguish: 

I’m a true crime nerd and in the US, they profile serial rapists for example in relation to serial murder and it’s very common for a serial rapist to then go on and commit murder or several, either to eliminate a witness or to satisfy the urge to take rape to the next step, murder. Ted Bundy and others like him started out raping then onto raping them and then murdering them one of his responses when asked why, was a dead person can’t talk. Scary shit if he is indeed a serial rapist. 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not people who are unhappy about it though, it's a group of Newcastle fans who are unhappy about it because they now have a reason where either there wasn't one before, or where they held the opposing view when the same criticism was thrown at Man City or PSG, and will go out and defend their club's owners and have people fired because they're connected with something they love.

We, like Man City, now have a group of people who'll defend them to the hilt because all criticism over their ownership of the club is viewed as being levelled harshy at themselves, the fanbase, and the club rather than squarely at the owners.

Never in a million years would the reaction on here a few years ago have been 'pfff, that's a bit insensitive of him, good on those Man City fans for getting him sacked', nor would it have even been 'well he brought it on himself' if it had been about them. It would have overwhelmingly been 'fucking hell, look at these cunts defending some of the worst people on the planet' or being more charitable 'they've lost their minds'

Good points mate and while I agree the takeover has caused a change in attitude from certain fans, this did seem like a cheap dig at us given he specifically made a reference to Newcastle rather than just saying Saudi Arabia. If he did the latter I doubt it would have had quite the reaction. Newcastle fans have also become used to media attacks relating to the takeover, so understandable why they’re more sensitive. The main issue though I’m concerned about is he’s using a very recent and disturbing news story to make such a joke. 

My scepticism over the sportswashing concerns isn’t so much that it doesn’t exist, but the extent and impacts of it all. There are indeed a small minority of Newcastle fans that will now defend the Saudi state to irrational lengths or jump around with tea towels on their head, but ultimately they are a small minority of fans of a football club whose fans only make a small minority of football fans in England let alone the world. Conversely it’s possibly made other fans more resentful of KSA and the media coverage certainly hasn’t helped them hide the human rights abuses. Sportswashing is supposed to be something calculated and immoral the way it’s talked about and has become a political issue, but I’m not seeing it that way. In the grand scheme of things these things we’ve seen shouldn’t be having dangerous impacts on a large scale. ‘Sportswashing’ to me is a term used to legitimise saying a state isn’t fit enough to invest in sport. Of course I’m happy to be proven wrong in all this. 

If a country does go some way to improve their reputation that shouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing, if their abuses don’t get hidden through it and perhaps it even encourages change. I also think it’s pretty reasonable for people to visit places and come back with very positive views on it (e.g. Russia World Cup) while also acknowledging major moral issues. 

Edited by St. Maximin

1 hour ago, triggs said:

Or lets not start crying about how unfairly treated we are every time its brought up

It's literally just some nobody on the Internet that brought it up

I didn't say anything about us being unfairly treated, I couldn't give a fuck what some numpty thinks about us tbh, but this case isn't about us, it's about a girl who got raped and battered by a Man U player. 

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

I didn't say anything about us being unfairly treated, I couldn't give a fuck what some numpty thinks about us tbh, but this case isn't about us, it's about a girl who got raped and battered by a Man U player. 

Well someone brought it up in here and it wasn't me

11 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’m a true crime nerd and in the US, they profile serial rapists for example in relation to serial murder and it’s very common for a serial rapist to then go on and commit murder or several, either to eliminate a witness or to satisfy the urge to take rape to the next step, murder. Ted Bundy and others like him started out raping then onto raping them and then murdering them one of his responses when asked why, was a dead person can’t talk. Scary shit if he is indeed a serial rapist. 

I think it's possibly just more common for that sort of serial and escalating offender to be of interest to true crime podcasts and literature 

23 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I think it's possibly just more common for that sort of serial and escalating offender to be of interest to true crime podcasts and literature 

They are, but profilers in the US have found a common link between serial rapists and serial murderers, or those that become serial rapists are then likely to go on and also commit murder in the future.

Edited by HTT II

12 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Well I mean Mason Greenwood is total & utter scum but he's got a long way to go yet to be compared to Ted Bundy like.

I was referring to Mendy, and if it’s true what he did, he is clearly a psychopath (same with Greenwood), interestingly it’s deemed those that get to the top level, be it in sports or CEOs of huge companies and even presidents, have psychopathic tendencies.

:thup: I used to live with a psychologist who told me that. I thought that it perhaps said as much about the actual value of a diagnosis of psychopathy as it did about the CEOs, but she didn't agree

Edited by OpenC

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:thup: I used to live with a psychologist who told me that. I thought that it perhaps said as much about the actual value of a diagnosis of psychopathy as it did about the CEOs, but she didn't agree

Aye it’s quite complicated, obviously you have your full blown psychos like Bundy, but we all have it in us to be one, nature vs nurture, trauma, and the environment we are in I guess dictates a lot of things. To be a top CEO you have to be a cunt and some of the people I’ve met in high positions seem to lack empathy or just don’t care about others’ feelings. It’s all very interesting if you’re a nerd like me on the subject [emoji38]

There is definitely a correlation between serial rape and murder and serial murder, which is scary as that’s how most start out, by raping women.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye it’s quite complicated, obviously you have your full blown psychos like Bundy, but we all have it in us to be one, nature vs nurture, trauma, and the environment we are in I guess dictates a lot of things. To be a top CEO you have to be a cunt and some of the people I’ve met in high positions seem to lack empathy or just don’t care about others’ feelings. It’s all very interesting if you’re a nerd like me on the subject [emoji38]

There is definitely a correlation between serial rape and murder and serial murder, which is scary as that’s how most start out, by raping women.

What’s the deal with the Mendy case? Is it leaning towards a pattern of behavior that one may refer to as “serial?” I’ve assumed it was more Harvey Weinstein than precursor-to-Ted-Bundy (which are very different things), but I’ve it read too much about his case to be clued up. 

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Also been well researched that kids who, for instance, pull legs off spiders for fun have the chance to have those psychopathic brain cells. Early lack of empathy for animals etc etc.

Watched a very interesting documentary about war heroes and their psychology. Obvs could only be researched in relatively recent times but they did brain studies on WW2 medal of honour recipients and found most had the same genetic make up of serial killers and psychopaths. Also went as far back as the US Civil War and found evidence of similar and also, right through all wars, many cases where soldiers didn't fire one bullet. Couldn't do it.

As for Greenwood, sure his exalted lifestyle will have contributed to his "entitled" mindset but the rest, the misogony, bullying, aggression etc etc is widespread.

15 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

So just to catch up here. Mendy is possibly a serial killer in the making and Greenwood is a grade A asshole who probably should be locked up for a long time?

You missed the 49 pages about some twitter nerd being a dweeb

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I think the Mendy case involves 8 rapes on 6 women

Which also involved committing further offences whilst on bail/being investigated by the police. (One of the alleged rapes is said to have taken place at his house in August when he was on police bail for other sexual offences.)

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Which also involved committing further offences whilst on bail/being investigated by the police. (One of the alleged rapes is said to have taken place at his house in August when he was on police bail for other sexual offences.)

Wew. I never read any of the stuff about Mendy's case, just assume he (allegedly) raped one lass once.

30 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If true, that's an impressive level of arrogance/stupidity/psychopathy.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If true, that's an impressive level of arrogance/stupidity/psychopathy.

From media in Aug 2021:

“Debbie Byrne, prosecuting, said Mendy was originally arrested and released under investigation on 11 November last year on suspicion of rape. In January, he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, the court was told.

Byrne said one of Mendy’s bail conditions was that he should not have house parties. She said police were called to a party attended by up to 21 people at Mendy’s home in the Cheshire village of Mottram St Andrew this week. He was then arrested over a further allegation of rape and for allegedly breaching his bail conditions, the court heard.

The prosecutor said Mendy had shown an an unwillingness to comply with his bail conditions, and he should be remanded in custody to prevent him from carrying out further offences.

She said: “The defendant has shown total disregard and, the crown will say, an arrogance in ignoring the bail conditions and continuing to conduct his social life as he chooses.” “

3 hours ago, DJ_NUFC said:

What’s the deal with the Mendy case? Is it leaning towards a pattern of behavior that one may refer to as “serial?” I’ve assumed it was more Harvey Weinstein than precursor-to-Ted-Bundy (which are very different things), but I’ve it read too much about his case to be clued up. 

Without knowing the case details, it’s seems serial if he’s going around raping several women. They need to look at other open cases from prior to when he signed for City from around the areas where he played for his previous clubs, maybe DNA can help.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Also been well researched that kids who, for instance, pull legs off spiders for fun have the chance to have those psychopathic brain cells. Early lack of empathy for animals etc etc.

Watched a very interesting documentary about war heroes and their psychology. Obvs could only be researched in relatively recent times but they did brain studies on WW2 medal of honour recipients and found most had the same genetic make up of serial killers and psychopaths. Also went as far back as the US Civil War and found evidence of similar and also, right through all wars, many cases where soldiers didn't fire one bullet. Couldn't do it.

As for Greenwood, sure his exalted lifestyle will have contributed to his "entitled" mindset but the rest, the misogony, bullying, aggression etc etc is widespread.

Aye, a lot of serial killers in the USA from the 60s and 70s and even 80s had military experience, law enforcement experience and or served in wars.

2 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

So just to catch up here. Mendy is possibly a serial killer in the making and Greenwood is a grade A asshole who probably should be locked up for a long time?

He needs locked up for a long time as he will reoffend!