Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

1 minute ago, MagMal said:

I think this is a bit of a light bulb moment for me and Man utd, for years we have laughed at them complaining about the Glazers after they spend 100's of millions each year, but I think this hammers home the culture they have created.

Club spends. Glazers do not. But not the thread for it. 

I've never liked Antony. Seems like a little ballbag as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Club spends. Glazers do not. But not the thread for it. 

I've never liked Antony. Seems like a little ballbag as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. 

I’m sympathetic to Man Utd on this one. We heard enough shite re ‘Ashley has spent millions’.  He didn’t personally - it was the club’s money 

I can't stand Man United and their stereotypical fans, but impressed that they've flexed some fan power and forced the club to eat shit and do the right thing against their clear intentions. All for it, no matter which club it is.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't stand Man United and their stereotypical fans, but impressed that they've flexed some fan power and forced the club to eat shit and do the right thing against their clear intentions. All for it, no matter which club it is.

Let’s see if it happens first…

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

As if they didn't factor in major fan backlash when they decided to bring him back ffs :lol:

I don't even think it's the fan backlash they're worried about. It's club image. MP's, domestic violence charities etc. will speak out against the club and harm our image and in turn reduce our value/revenue. 

Football fans are fickle. I include myself in that. I'd be uneasy at Greenwood coming back and be strongly against it but chances are in two years time everyone would have pretended like it never happened and moved on. 

I just can't believe how badly a company the size of Manchester United could handle this.

They've managed to both make themselves look like complete cunts and also lose their talented player.

Avoiding one of those things should have been extremely manageable :lol:

37 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Some of the callers here.  There's no hope for the planet is there?

James O'Brien is a hypocritical cretin.

Let me be clear in saying it's absolute disgusting and abhorrent what Greenwood did and he deserves a severe punishment.

However, quite frequently O'Brien wants to take the liberal view of rehabilitation, second chances, developing as a person, learning from lessons and ensuring work for all.

Then, when faced with an argument of "so you want him to stop work completely?", He interjects, dismisses and changes the argument to nonsensical, irrelevant sub arguments of "what if he's 30?" 

Again - all for the punishment that comes Greenwood's way. Those audios and pictures are vile and no-one is defending him.

But O'Brien is a hypocrite of the highest order.

Just now, Shak said:

I just can't believe how badly a company the size of Manchester United could handle this.

They've managed to both make themselves look like complete cunts and also lose their talented player.

Avoiding one of those things should have been extremely manageable :lol:

They've made huge huge errors all the way through.

Wonder how they'll handle the Antony debacle...

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

They've made huge huge errors all the way through.

Wonder how they'll handle the Antony debacle...

Send some Man U employees around to his ex-wife's gaff to beat her up.

Then ask for public feedback on the move.

I would generally just advise avoiding LBC at all costs. They deliberately get the worst opinions to call in, O'Brien gets to pretend he's outraged and then "owns" them to drive engagement. One of the most cynical and damaging media formats going in a competitive field. 

Edited by Smal

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye. :thup:

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

I would generally just advise avoiding LBC at all costs. They deliberately get the worst opinions to call in so O'Brien can pretend he's outraged by their opinions and "own them" to drive engagement. One of the most cynical and damaging media formats going in a competitive field. 

His interview technique and the way he phrases questions, positions arguments, interjects, dismisses points and shifts the argument from macro to minor to suit himself is straight out the Piers Morgan, Jeremy Kyle, Simon Jordan textbook.

All fucking smug unbearable idiots.

Edited by BlazeT44

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't even think it's the fan backlash they're worried about. It's club image. MP's, domestic violence charities etc. will speak out against the club and harm our image and in turn reduce our value/revenue. 

Football fans are fickle. I include myself in that. I'd be uneasy at Greenwood coming back and be strongly against it but chances are in two years time everyone would have pretended like it never happened and moved on. 

Sad but the reality is if he scored a last minute winner at Spurs today fans would sing "he shags who he wants". Tongue in cheek, jokingly, perhaps, but it'd cause a lot for offence and be really to the clubs detriment.

ManUre took the right stance on Ronaldo - no one except Shearer is bigger than Man United. Get shot of him and move on.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Antony debacle?

Yes mate. Antony's ex-wife Gabriela Cavallin is allegedly preparing to file a police report in England, accusing him of domestic violence.. 

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

Yes mate. Antony's ex-wife Gabriela Cavallin is allegedly preparing to file a police report in England, accusing him of domestic violence.. 

Oh...great.