Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Of course she can choose not to give evidence, but that’s not what I said. She’ll have no choice on charges being made now.

Why on Earth would she be charged for anything? She’s a victim.

If you press charges then change your mind you get threatened with wasting police time. No idea how often it is necessary to follow through on the threat.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah i was just wondering really because he has a generic Manchester accent and I was interested in how they can prove it’s him in court. Is voice analysis experts a real thing?

Aye, it is. I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult to ascertain if that is likely to be both of their voices as it sounded quite clear from when I listened.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

What audio? There was some reference to Daddy's dick in there, just seemed like pervy sex chat, then there was the video posted with the lass showing bruises and some blood. Are the two connected?

He'll be on about the audio where he's forcing her to have sex with him and she's saying 'I don't want to have sex with you Mason' and he gets aggressive. The other clip is him and her in a car and he says 'let's go home so we can fuck, you want daddy's dick?'. I posted earlier I saw that video months ago and shrugged it off as just 2 horny teenagers as teenagers are. But now I'm thinking there's something a bit dodgy behind it after what's come out today. But the two aren't connected.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

If you press charges then change your mind you get threatened with wasting police time. No idea how often it is necessary to follow through on the threat.

Absolute bollocks that is like, sorry. And they’d never get a CPS charge under any circumstance like this (a wrongful accusation being a different story).

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The voice note where he's forcing her to have sex with him

Ah ok, I just looked at the last few pages, didn't see the OP. Can only assume he is a constant pest if she's resorted to recording him.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah same here I think it’s him don’t get me wrong, I was just wondering how they go about proving it beyond “it sounds like you, it’s her phone” etc

Without going into specifics, by seizing phones etc it can be ascertained whereabouts the digital device was at a certain time. So if his is seized (as I’m sure it will be/has been), records can show whether he was in the same building etc and at the same time as her recording, then cross reference both to put as evidence towards it being him. Obviously as well as CCTV to place him there etc. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Without going into specifics, by seizing phones etc it can be ascertained whereabouts the digital device was at a certain time. So if his is seized (as I’m sure it will be/has been), records can show whether he was in the same building etc and at the same time as her recording, then cross reference both to put as evidence towards it being him. Obviously as well as CCTV to place him there etc. 

A voice is like a fingerprint anyway.  It's not hard to match the specific modulations.

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

The audio will be the tip of the iceberg. 

Yeah after seeing this type of thing up close (domestic violence and bullying, not sexual) there's no way it's an isolated incident. More and more will come out, and i doubt it'll just be this girl either.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

These cases take a long time, do you seriously believe CPS is going to invest their resources only to drop everything because the victim changes their mind, at the last minute?

I can assure you, they do. There are many, many cases every day that are dropped throughout the process but prior to trial.

Including where the victim hasn’t disclosed something that casts too much doubt on the case. Even in those cases, there is no charges put.

Although I don’t doubt some dodgy cop somewhere may threaten something like that as it’s not inconceivable to realise there are some bad apples. Reality is, they’d never get a charge.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I lived just outside Manchester for a couple of years till 12 months ago and there was the below incident a while back don't know if anyone can remember? A 50 year old bloke I spoke to a lot in work had a group chat with his mates and 1 of them was a copper and said it was MG. 

From what come out today he has a serious problem

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8943867/Premier-League-star-arrested-suspicion-rape-false-imprisonment.html

What's MG?

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

These cases take a long time, do you seriously believe CPS is going to invest their resources only to drop everything because the victim changes their mind, at the last minute?

They would possibly try and continue the prosecution on the charge(s) without having to use the victim in that case and hope there is enough evidence to prove the case without involving her. But if that’s not the case (realistically, that scenario is highly unlikely), they can’t force her to give evidence- it’s her right to be able to change her mind (it might well be simply too traumatic for her, you know…being cross examined, especially in a high profile case like this is pretty fucking stressful, and especially when it’s of such a personal nature), and the suspect will have the charges dropped. Wasting police time would only come into play if the police/CPS thought that the allegations were falsified or grossly exaggerated or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

They would possibly try and continue the prosecution on the charge(s) without having to use the victim in that case and hope there is enough evidence to prove the case without involving her. But if that’s not the case (realistically, that scenario is highly unlikely), they can’t force her to give evidence- it’s her right to be able to change her mind (it might well be simply too traumatic for her, you know…being cross examined, especially in a high profile case like this is pretty fucking stressful, and especially when it’s of such a personal nature), and the suspect will have the charges dropped. Wasting police time would only come into play if the police/CPS thought that the allegations were falsified or grossly exaggerated or something like that. 

Well yeah, I've no doubt it would depend upon the reasons given for withdrawing the complaint. My point was in relation to the possibility that she wants to resume the relationship.

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Only many dozens of times every day all over the country. :lol: