Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

19 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Rumours about this being Greenwood are gathering quite a lot of pace.

If this is true and it turns out it was him, the FA need to look at how clubs respond to accusations like these with the mackems and now Man Utd… and why we have so many sick fucks in football in the first place.

Young men who makes a lot of money too fast who thinks they're on top of the world, unstopable and can do whatever they will.

5 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Young men who makes a lot of money too fast who thinks they're on top of the world, unstopable and can do whatever they will.

They’re not all young though, are they? Sigurdsson and Giggs, as an example.

I agree about the power part, clearly an issue and can’t imagine they’re used to hearing the word “no”. 

It’s not just footballers though - if people have TikTok, the live videos are horrendous, men just pouring over young girls and asking for them to flash or do bizarre requests. Fuck knows how it gets addressed because it’s such a significant problem these days.

Something needs to change somewhere.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Tbh plenty poor people who treat women the same.

That statement from the father is a really uncomfortable read. Even the full version rather than just the questionable quotes. Why the fuck you’d put anything positive after hearing an audio clip of what has happening to your daughter is hard for me to get my head around. 

It has been proven that having large amounts of money, changes the way people think. They tend to become more arrogant and have lower levels of empathy towards others etc. Not always the case, but still.

I'm an advocate for personal responsibility, one thing that annoys me about a lot of what happens these days. However, from the outside looking in its easy to say just leave and frustrating when you see it happening to a loved one, but it's never that simple. Most of these relationships start out perfect and psychologically people are chained to that, not to mention the actual gas lighting that makes them doubt everything about themselves. Everyone has a breaking point and we can't judge people on our own breaking points, especially on experiences we've never had to endure.

That being said, I hope (and I'm basing this on the evidence at hand) he goes away for a long time and never has the chance to work in professional football again. 

There a bad eggs in every walk of life, but I don't think the ridiculous wages given to such young folk is sensible and will inevitably give them a sense of self entitlement. A mate of mine made the suggestion that their wage should be capped with the rest being put into a pension fund or similar for once they're older and more mature. I kinda like that idea. But then you have too say it is also a tad unfair on the dozens of youngs lads who are model pros and just go about their business quietly.

I'll reserve my judgement on the various social media things today like. Twitter in particular is horrendous for a snapshot of a greater picture.

My inclination is that Greenwood is indeed a scumbag who deserves a pasting, but to some degree, everyone jumping on it and either slating him or the lass are doing so without contemplating the full picture.

The truth, or at least, the more likely truth will hopefully come out in the coming days and hopefully justice is served, if necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

It has been proven that having large amounts of money, changes the way people think. They tend to become more arrogant and have lower levels of empathy towards others etc. Not always the case, but still.

It doesn't help that these are kids surrounded by adults telling them consistently how amazing they are and bending to every whim. Though it's not an excuse as it takes a special kind of wrongun to do this. 

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

That's a stupid explanation.  Plenty of poor people beat their wives, plenty of rapes happen without the perpetrator being loaded.  Rollernonce didn't have a pot to piss in and it didn't stop him feeling up the young uns.

On the whole, people are just shit, the world is a cesspit of depravity and it only gets noticed when someone can make a few quid from the story.

Fans are to blame in part too. Not just footballers, but any celebrity. It's a cult. Every celebrity is a cult leader and their followers will defend them to the death because they like the songs they make/movies they make/way they kick a ball about etc etc

2 minutes ago, loki679 said:

That's a stupid explanation.  Plenty of poor people beat their wives, plenty of rapes happen without the perpetrator being loaded.  Rollernonce didn't have a pot to piss in and it didn't stop him feeling up the young uns.

On the whole, people are just shit, the world is a cesspit of depravity and it only gets noticed when someone can make a few quid from the story.

Dont think what Klaus said was stupid but still, sadly, the above is very much the case

33 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Howay man :undecided:

You don't find the father's quotes a little weird/uneasy? 

Snippet is worse than the full thing, which my comments were based on, but even in full I'm confused at what to think of them. 

51 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wtf

Is this for real?! Jesus H. The dad worried his daughter gonna fall off the gravy train?

Can I also just 2nd that there were some disgraceful posts in here earlier. Shameful.,

Edited by Big Geordie

The father, amazingly, is being measured in incredibly difficult circumstances. It would seem he's just found out his daughter may have been raped and abused by someone they considered family and welcomed into their home.

Would you prefer he said 'I'm going to kick the cunt's head in when I see him?'

Legal cases like this are fraught with pitfalls and require delicacy. I'm not a lawyer, so am unable to give expert specifics, but there may be a reason this potential evidence getting out is bad. I think You and a few others should take a breathe, believe in the justice system, and hope that the young girl involved gets all of the help and support she needs during what is a difficult time. I've been disgusted to read suggestions of victim blaming here today, be it with Harriet or her father. They've committed no crime here. Mason Greenwood has been accused of a very serious one. 

Domestic violence is a horrible situation to be in, and its victims are often a bundle of emotions because they are fighting against fear and love and often manipulated into staying around. If we wish to ascribe scrutiny - we should ask Man Utd what they knew of this, not a young girl and her family.

Just now, triggs said:

They are very odd comments but there isn't really a correct way to act or thing to say when you've just heard something very traumatic

Very true. However his comments seem very measured, which means he's thought carefully about what he is saying. Maybe he's being advised, maybe they have their own legal team commenting on their behalf. 

18 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Money, power, fame can alter a person’s character and behaviour of course, but for every Greenwood which is extremely rare in football, there are hundreds of thousands of kids his age (and older) in football, pro or not, who just wouldn’t ever behave like that with or without power, fame and money.

He is a wrong ‘un clearly and would be if he wasn’t a footballer. I have two boys and I can’t emphasise the importance of raising boys to respect women especially, to consider the other sex as equal, not sex objects or the weaker of the sexes, I point to how hard their mum works, what she does for them, what she has went through and their aunts and girl cousins. It starts with education really.

That said, we sexualise girls and women, the media especially, advertisers etc. and it has to stop. Women also sexualise themselves for fame and money especially via Instagram, social media etc., but that doesn’t mean they are open season to be abused, raped and murdered. But the whole of society needs to reflect on all of these things and do something to limit, reduce and prevent this happening again and again, collectively, because it’s increasing.

Society in short is fucked up and I don’t like the way it’s heading, we had a cleaner help us out a few years back, my wife asked if I would take her home one day and I refused because imagine she said I touched her or something? Likewise I’d fear having a daughter knowing how predatory boys and men can be, often without even knowing it or there being any malicious intent. We’ve all been out on the pull looking to bag a shag. Women too. Ah, it’s just fucked up.

If he’s guilty I hope he gets serious jail time and there should never ever be any victim shaming of anyone abused or in an abusive  relationship, shame on those that do, that’s what enables sex pests and scum like them to get away with their crimes and give them a sense of what they are committing is OK or normal or the victim deserves it!

Edited by HTT II

43 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Woah, mare of a post that Tron man. She’s clearly a victim and him saying that for all you know may have made her skin crawl, but even if it didn’t, it doesn’t mean she should be made to feel bad or anything for going out with someone who says such shit to her or any women.

I questioned her judgement, and that hasn't changed. He raped her back in October and this is coming out now? She was with him for 3 years man, I just can't get my head around it. That's a separate issue to the assault/s which Greenwood has to answer for. I'm not blaming her for that, but she should have dumped him as soon as he showed any sign of coercion. 

Just now, Thiago said:

The father, amazingly, is being measured in incredibly difficult circumstances. It would seem he's just found out his daughter may have been raped and abused by someone they considered family and welcomed into their home.

Would you prefer he said 'I'm going to kick the cunt's head in when I see him?'

Legal cases like this are fraught with pitfalls and require delicacy. I'm not a lawyer, so am unable to give expert specifics, but there may be a reason this potential evidence getting out is bad. I think You and a few others should take a breathe, believe in the justice system, and hope that the young girl involved gets all of the help and support she needs during what is a difficult time. I've been disgusted to read suggestions of victim blaming here today, be it with Harriet or her father. They've committed no crime here. Mason Greenwood has been accused of a very serious one. 

Domestic violence is a horrible situation to be in, and its victims are often a bundle of emotions because they are fighting against fear and love and often manipulated into staying around. If we wish to ascribe scrutiny - we should ask Man Utd what they knew of this, not a young girl and her family.

I'm not sure I could be as restrained, he'd be getting a cricket bat to his kneecaps if it was my daughter, as a dad to a young woman this kind of thing really sickens me to my stomach, I can't imagine what he must be going through.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I questioned her judgement, and that hasn't changed. He raped her back in October and this is coming out now? She was with him for 3 years man, I just can't get my head around it. That's a separate issue to the assault/s which Greenwood has to answer for. I'm not blaming her for that, but she should have dumped him as soon as he showed any sign of coercion. 

Let’s not go down this route, if you’ve not been in an abusive relationship, especially one to this magnitude (physical and potentially sexual abuse) then you’re not in a position to comment on what a victim should do. Maybe watch “Maid” on Netflix

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

That’s because you aren’t the one that’s been raped or in an abusive relationship Tron, howay man that’s an awful take no matter how you spin it! We can all question our taste in men or women and ask ourselves why we went with this person or that or stayed with them, but to question someone’s scruples or lack of for being raped and or abused by someone they are in a relationship with or chose to be? Nah…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, TRon said:

My ex girlfriend who I'm still on amicable terms with was sexually assaulted in August 2019 and it continued to haunt her for months before finally coming forward to the police in August 2020. People deal with it in different ways and a lot of is trauma and fear both of the assaulter and whether they'd be believed. We don't know why she's come forward now but it isn't a reason to have a go at her for.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Oh do fuck off.