Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

These younguns man. Far too much wedge, far too early. 

Thank god we've looked after wor bairns more responsibly.

Heard Miley paid for his tattoo on Klarna

Given the quality of it I doubt he’d have paid more than his weekly pocket money anyway.

• 2 months later...

Feel for the lad in terms of frustration and really hope he can find at least a loan away. A sale would be dreamland but risky for any club interested

Every time I think of how his value has decreased over the last 18 months or so I have to remind myself that he played a big part in keeping us in the Premier league in Howe's first season. Whatever we get when we eventually sell him will be good money from that perspective. Obviously I think we've outgrown him now so he's only going to be of limited value as a player.

A successful loan followed by a sale for a few million is best case scenario. We’ll end up with nothing if stays and doesn’t play.

He’s more than capable of being a solid backup for Hall and Kelly if he’s fit. Instrumental in probably my favourite goal of the last 20 years (Bruno v Leicester).

Rather keep him than let him go for pittance. Seems a good guy to have around the squad too.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s more than capable of being a solid backup for Hall and Kelly if he’s fit. Instrumental in probably my favourite goal of the last 20 years (Bruno v Leicester).

Rather keep him than let him go for pittance. Seems a good guy to have around the squad too.

Don’t ever get tired of watching this one. Bruuuuuunnoooooo! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwO25Wx2NWk

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Is there time to sell him? 

Loan at best. He’s been a massive bust, probably our biggest misstep under Eddie so far because of the persistent injuries. Such a far cry from the player who was available and did well on loan.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Be amazed if we find a buyer, loan where we cover most of his wages at best imo.

I liked him when he played regularly and he was involved in one of my favourite Bruno goals (last minute winner v Leicester)

He’s been very unlucky with injuries but now he is quite far down the pecking order. Ideally a sale but loan with some money off the books would be good for us and him. The lad needs game time, something I don’t think we can give him now unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Loan at best. He’s been a massive bust, probably our biggest misstep under Eddie so far because of the persistent injuries. Such a far cry from the player who was available and did well on loan.

The irony is my abiding memory of him is him nearly having his leg broken by a Brentford player about ten minutes into our win there when he was still on loan.

Could see his shin bounce the guy's boot off and put them down to ten men. Targett played the rest of the match well, of course.

Thought he was such a dependable player that day. Would never have expected it to turn out like this.

Harsh to call him a bust, he was a fantastic end to end fullback on loan. We all wanted him back, he came back and then has been hurt basically ever since. The emergence of Big Dan Burn in the season we finished 4th sealed it. Tigz would have been a backup to him had he been fit. His injuries seem more bad luck than anything else. Just happens in football. I’d be more inclined to call him a bust if he was just plain bad football player, which he is not. 

9 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Just bad luck. Occasionally these things happen.

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just bad luck. Occasionally these things happen.

I wouldn't even put it down as a mistake tbh. At the end of his loan it was a complete no-brainer to make it permanent, he'd played really, really well on loan and at the time the decision had to be made it was the correct decision to sign him permanently. It's easy to have a pop with the benefit of hindsight but you can't do that in the real world, the decision had to be made at the time