Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Atletico have been superb tbh. Soaked up the pressure with minimal issue then deliberate and effective in the final third. Lodi's awesome, get Tripps on the blower. 

Quite a few options from the bench as well 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

? … You stand by that statement?

I'm being tongue in cheek really but I've talked plenty on here about how I've got zero affection for the CL. I'm very excited for the day we return to the Europa.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Atletico have been superb tbh. Soaked up the pressure with minimal issue then deliberate and effective in the final third. Lodi's awesome, get Tripps on the blower. 

Thought they were shite for 35 minutes tbh, couldn't string 2 passes together. Miles worse than they were a few years ago. Still decent defensively of course

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's just awful. I've said it before but I'd happily see us never feature in this competition if it meant we avoided the coverage of these dweebs in the gantry. 

We had Ian St John moaning and lamenting us on commentary the first time we were in it. Must be a tradition.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

And Bruno, he played with him at Athletico Paranaense

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We were linked/made a bid in January, iirc. £33m? 

If Derby stay up it is undoubtedly one of the greatest escapes of all time (and I really hope they do it cos I've always liked them and have a lot of time for Rooney). I was gonna suggest that it would be a bit of a shame, in a way, if they stayed up only at the expense of another team docked points; but if neither them or Reading had been penalised - Reading would still be in the bottom three whereas Derby would be comfortable. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Jaqen said:

Atetico are frustrating, clearly capable of much better football than they chose to play a lot of the time. 

They aren't.  They've tried to go more attacking multiple times in recent seasons and it's not worked.

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong like because I only watched the highlights, bit didn't Grealish set up two of Man City's biggest chances to KDB and Silva?

We see quality players take time to integrate into new teams time and time again yet we're still so quick to write them off for some reason.

:joelinton: