Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

6 hours ago, BlackandWhite said:

Disgusting assault on Billy Sharp. Hope they arrest the fat coward who did it and throw the book at him. No doubt there’ll be some sympathy story about how it was “out of character”, though, and he is really a lovely charming bloke you see. Should still get a life ban from all football grounds at a minimum.

Aye. Soft shites. Our knackas challenge polis horses to fist fights. 

Surprised more of this doesn't happen, tbf, given the amount of knackers about. Was thinking, when the Bristol Rovers crowd took the pitch, as to the whereabouts of the away team. 

Anyways, if prosecuted and found guilty, I'm sure fat blob will get an example made of him.

https://news.sky.com/story/cowardly-attack-during-pitch-invasion-leaves-sheffield-utds-billy-sharp-needing-stitches-12615632

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Surprised more of this doesn't happen, tbf, given the amount of knackers about. Was thinking, when the Bristol Rovers crowd took the pitch, as to the whereabouts of the away team. 

Anyways, if prosecuted and found guilty, I'm sure fat blob will get an example made of him.

https://news.sky.com/story/cowardly-attack-during-pitch-invasion-leaves-sheffield-utds-billy-sharp-needing-stitches-12615632

I'm sure he'll say it was an accident and he just ran into him by mistake 

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm sure he'll say it was an accident and he just ran into him by mistake 

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Hes gonna get a couple of years for that

He might, the former

He will, the latter

Always amazes me how some people lose all sense of reality and common sense when they enter a football ground.. like laws or morals don't exist. 

Hope Billy sues the wanker and he gets a life time ban.

I know Brummie's already voted grump but so fuck I'm still gonna whinge. :lol: Pitch invasions just feel like the latest contrived 'moment maker' to me. In the same way everyone suddenly decided a couple of international tournaments ago that it's natural to throw your pints in the air when watching a football match in the pub. 

Certain times obviously will have some spontaneity about it, e.g. if I was a Bristol Rovers fan I could certainly imagine getting swept up in that as that was fucking mental. But as with everything these days it feels like it has to be co-opted by bellends for attention.

Here's Man City doing it for their League 1 play off semi final in 1999:

Here's Rushden and Diamonds doing it after their L2 semi vs Rochdale in 2002 (if you put into Youtube any particular year and 'play off semi' you'll find one from a random game):

image.thumb.png.390b85ab27cd15a337bec6c89f3f1a52.png

You probably just weren't watching these games. Most sides who win the play off semi at home see a pitch invasion, has always been the case.

9 hours ago, toon25 said:

Forest fans are the pits. Won't forget the carry on and subsequent bother me and a few others experienced down there when we were in the Champo.

At least they don't have to cross a picket line to be the pits - just when they're working in one.  Scab c***s

I don't think pitch invasions are any more common than they used to be.

Agree with what Wormy is saying regarding chucking pints in the air though. I remember watching an England game in London where a lass ended up wearing a drink after some knacker chucked his £8 pint in the air. It was quite funny on this occasion, as she was paying absolutely no attention to the game. She'd turned up with her mates in England gear to spend the whole time taking photos for social media clout. At least she got some real match day experience.

Maybe they're not a modern thing then but I agree with @wormy that they're shit. :lol: At best, contrived, at worst, purely anti-social. You look at the scenes during our lap of honour and it proves that fans don't physically need to enter the pitch to demonstrate jubilation and a connection with the team. 

I will confess that this is an opinion I've developed as recently as days ago, if not hours. :lol: But the Sharp incident makes you shudder and fear for what else could happen when you've got one or two rabid maniacs shielded by the general mayhem. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Maybe they're not a modern thing then but I agree with @wormy that they're shit. :lol: At best, contrived, at worst, purely anti-social. You look at the scenes during our lap of honour and it proves that fans don't physically need to enter the pitch to demonstrate jubilation and a connection with the team. 

I will confess that this is an opinion I've developed as recently as days ago, if not hours. :lol: But the Sharp incident makes you shudder and fear for what else could happen when you've got one or two rabid maniacs shielded by the general mayhem. 

The bold in particular; give me that beautiful shot in front of all the fans still in the Gallowgate on Monday night over any of these pitch invasions.

Looking forward to the Europa League final this evening, although it does annoy me that the date is a full week and a half before the Champions League final, and a week before the Conference League final. 

Don't know thy the don't do something like this and the end of May each year:

Friday evening: Europa League Final

Saturday Evening: Champions League Final

Sunday Evening: Conference League final

you could still host them in different cities, and it would create a great buzz around Europe and be a grand finish to the league season. 

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I'm sure Sharp would rather keep the little twat alive for the shit he'll want to pull on him.

Billy Sharp is easily one of the nicest footballers I've ever met. Absolute top bloke.