Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That’s super weird, and seems very Arbitrary 

It's always been like that.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, madras said:

Did it come off a Madrid player at all while Benzema was offside ? (at work so no access to replays/rewind)

It did 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

The rule is first though.

Ball moved forward when Konate slid it to Fabinho’s leg. Really think it should be a new phase of play and not a deflection.

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Like if the ball had gone to Allison after his contact, would it have been a backpass? No, its the same for offside

Does a knee/thigh count as a backpass?

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Like if the ball had gone to Allison after his contact, would it have been a backpass? No, its the same for offside

No as it wasn't a deliberate back pass, more a tackle/melee for the ball.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Scoot said:

A real Madrid player kicked it first though and when he kicked it, benzema was offside. It then deflected off a Liverpool player into benzema's feet. That's why he was offside. 

This is it and also shows how officiating is much harder than many think it is.

Just now, neesy111 said:

The rule is first though.

What happens before Fabinho is irrelevant though. Fabinho slides in and deflects the ball into Benzemas path.

I suppose you could argue that Fabinhos was a deflection from a real pass but that would be an incredible interpretation.

To me if you're sliding in to get the ball then you've intentionally played it, even if technically the Madrid player gets their first. It's not like it's randomly pinged off you from a shot. Unlucky yes, but still should have been a goal IMO.

Just now, Scoot said:

A real Madrid player kicked it first though and when he kicked it, benzema was offside. It then deflected off a Liverpool player into benzema's feet. That's why he was offside. 

I don't think he did though. As far as I could see the Real player didn't reach it. It was an attempted clearance.

Just now, neesy111 said:

This is it and also shows how officiating is much harder than many think it is.

Which is fair enough, but we have had goals given against us because our player has touched the ball.

Even worse when you see how many goals have been ruled out due to it glancing a hair or boot of an attacker inadvertently and not even changed the direction of the ball.