Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Spurs are such bottle jobs as soon as they play anyone with a bit of a reputation.

Would have loved to face them with all of our players available.

Not sure we match up too well with our current lot. Think our wide men will struggle to really unsettle them consistently, and Hojberg, Bentancur and Bissouma are all athletic and super combative. That nonsense Longstaff was doing today will not fly, and Joelinton will really need to be on it too.

We are miles better than people on here have given us credit for. The signs have been there. The finishing is just lacking at the minute. Rashford/Fred should have won the game against Newcastle and Rashford should have had at least two tonight. 

Ronaldo as usual making it about him too. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

We are miles better than people on here have given us credit for. The signs have been there. The finishing is just lacking at the minute. Rashford/Fred should have won the game against Newcastle and Rashford should have had at least two tonight. 

Ronaldo as usual making it about him too. 

I don't have a problem with your performance. It was good. It's coming together for ten Hag.

Just think Spurs should be much more of a threat going up against you in this game. They are just so pathetic.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Bad news for us. Bruno likely to start for Brazil more now. Rather they'd give the fella a rest

I get the additional risk worry, but players starting for their national teams while they're with us is definitely a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I get the additional risk worry, but players starting for their national teams while they're with us is definitely a good thing. 

Yeah, no need to be so selfish. It's the highlight of every footballer's career and Bruno has only one WC left after this on his prime.

Edited by Pata

Ronaldo's arrogance got him in the end. At his age he shouldn't be on the wages he's on and he shouldn't be playing for a team that wants a Champions League spot. He can't hack it that he's not at that level anymore. Ten Hag must despise having him on the books

Ronaldo proving all he cares about is Ronaldo. Even against us when he was subbed, he blanked the manager and was shaking his head for ages but now his latest stunt is on another level.

Tevez rightly got criticised when he refused to come on, this is no different but Ronaldo does have an army of cheerleaders, usually the players that played with him

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not sure if posted but good craic this like.

I like it. Probably helps that it happened to be two of (seemingly) the most amiable managers in the league.

Imagine Bruce in one of these exchanges. :lol: