Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Only seen a bit of the second half but seeing Haaland sort of prancing about, he reminds me of a faster, uglier Andy Carroll. He just doesn’t seem a City type player, unless they change a lot to make it work for him.

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know Liverpool fans get a lot of stick, but I wish 'Fuck the Tories' was a permanent fixture in our hymnbook 

Unless we undergo a massive change of heart towards our current ownership seems that might be a tad hypocritical? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Sure Mandy et al would love that :lol:

I doubt they'd care like, it's all about PR for them. They'd probably join in, then immediately donate more money to the Tories and visit a food bank. :lol:

3 minutes ago, buzz said:

Unless we undergo a massive change of heart towards our current ownership seems that might be a tad hypocritical? :lol: 

Well me wishing for it means it would be an all-inclusive thing tbh. :lol: Besides, we can't choose our owners remember ;)

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Only seen a bit of the second half but seeing Haaland sort of prancing about, he reminds me of a faster, uglier Andy Carroll. He just doesn’t seem a City type player, unless they change a lot to make it work for him.

Naah, he will score a load of goals. Brings the presence in the box and seems to be in the right place. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

PaddyPower have paid out on Liverpool to win the league :lol: 

Classic PP

7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I've been saying this since they signed him.

He's not a City type player, I thought the same about Grealish and I've been proved right so far. Not what they needed and hideously overpriced.

I'd have kept both Sterling and Jesus and spent the Grealish/ Haaland money elsewhere.

Of course  they'll probably both go on to break records at City now [emoji38]

29 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Just out of interest, why do Liverpool fans seems to have a free pass to throw fireworks on the pitch any time they like?

If any other club did it, they'd start seeing matches abandoned. FA darlings and then some.

Lest we forget, Richarlison is banned for the first game of our season because he picked up and threw back a flare when playing for Everton back on May 1st. There were still five games left and they were threatened by relegation. Burnley not happy about it.

I don’t know who was slagging off Nunez but I was gutted when the dippers signed him. I thought he would have been perfect for us but we just aren’t there yet.

Haaland on the other hand, it’s been a hype train but he’s been playing in a lesser league, his fee may well be cheap as am sure he will score goals but it might be a case of arriving at City at the wrong time. I think they’ve made some poor outgoings and not really ever replaced the leadership since Kompany retired.. they might need that this season.

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t know who was slagging off Nunez but I was gutted when the dippers signed him. I thought he would have been perfect for us but we just aren’t there yet.

Haaland on the other hand, it’s been a hype train but he’s been playing in a lesser league, his fee may well be cheap as am sure he will score goals but it might be a case of arriving at City at the wrong time. I think they’ve made some poor outgoings and not really ever replaced the leadership since Kompany retired.. they might need that this season.

Haaland has been a hype train (for a reason) but top scorer in the CL even if he comes from a lesser league. Not bad. De Bruyne and Son also came from this lesser league. Now two of the if not the best players in their position. But if hes a perfect fit for City remains to bee seen. Give the guy a match or two before calling him a flop. This place sometimes.

The Benficas and some here got along with the technique suggestion.

Edited by nufc123

Guest neesy111

Good to see we are writing off players after 1 game.

Reminds me of the headline of ravanelli 3 and shearer 0 goals after the 1st game of 1996/97 season.

Edited by neesy111

52 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Haaland has been a hype train (for a reason) but top scorer in the CL even if he comes from a lesser league. Not bad. De Bruyne and Son also came from this lesser league. Now two of the if not the best players in their position. But if hes a perfect fit for City remains to bee seen. Give the guy a match or two before calling him a flop. This place sometimes.

The Benficas and some here got along with the technique suggestion.

I’m not calling him a flop, just reminds me of Andy Carroll a bit in his stature. I think Man Utd would have been a better fit, Spurs would be a good fit. Basically any team that plays that fast counter attack.. the slow build up Man City have will prove frustrating I think.