Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Went from “very close” to CL qualification, to “close” to nowhere near and out of Europe entirely.

That’s regressing. 

Incredible clutching at straws, fair play :lol:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t they get closer to it last season than in his first ?

Points wise aye, but went into the final day the first time just needing a result against Man Utd.

Last season they were reliant on other results, IIRC - but could be wrong.

Fairly inconsequential really.

If Rodgers had had a slow start to his first two seasons but ultimately dragged Leicester up to 5th come the end then they'd be viewed a lot better than pushing for 4th and falling away at the end. But that's probably harsh because 5th is a decent effort for Leicester however it unfolds - especially along side delivering a major trophy.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

4 points away from the CL and then 1 point away from the CL. Plus an FA Cup win last season. 'Regressing every year'

:lol: First opinion you’ve had all season and now you can’t let it go. I’ve already answered this point above. Get yourself outside Joey, calm down.

4 points away from the CL and then 1 point away from the CL. Plus an FA Cup win last season. 'Regressing every year'

In 19-20 after 25 games they were 13 points clear of 5th. It was some collapse.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: First opinion you’ve had all season and now you can’t let it go. I’ve already answered this point above. Get yourself outside Joey, calm down.

:lol: Genuinley no idea where this nonsense about me not having an opinion comes from. I think Dinho (fountain of knowledge as usual) said it and you've latched onto it despite me having a load of opinions.

'Get yourself outside' says the man also on an internet football forum. Great stuff

:lol: Genuinley no idea where this nonsense about me not having an opinion comes from. I think Dinho (fountain of knowledge as usual) said it and you've latched onto it despite me having a load of opinions.

'Get yourself outside' says the man also on an internet football forum. Great stuff

I’ve not seen that @Dinho lad post, but he’s right - whatever he said. 

I am outside, by the way. You just seem the type that never leaves the house, probably proven by your “I know you are but what am I” response.

Anyway, it’s been fun, but you’re boring me and this conversation is probably boring everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

If that’s the case, we should celebrate being European Champions with our Intertoto success.

That competition is not worthy of praise for a Leicester manager, especially when they had to fail in a very straightforward Europa League group to qualify for it.

Also think with how far ahead they were with the CL qualification, it can’t be seen as anything other than a failure. They might not have expected 4th when the seasons started, but those collapses were appalling.

Finishing 5th is still a really good achievement. They were 3 points off Liverpool and a point behind Chelsea. I'd hardly class that as a failure. You can't only take the bad form and not credit how well they done to get in that position in the first place. 

Two highest finishes other than the title winning season. They probably have the 8th best squad at best in the league and have had a few key injuries. He's done a pretty good job overall.