Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Hoping that Bielsa probably leaving at the end of the season messes with Leeds in the meantime. Didn't have them as one of the teams to potentially go down, but with Bielsa hanging over their heads and some key injuries it feels much more plausible now.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Hoping that Bielsa probably leaving at the end of the season messes with Leeds in the meantime. Didn't have them as one of the teams to potentially go down, but with Bielsa hanging over their heads and some key injuries it feels much more plausible now.

The team knowing that a Manager is leaving is never a good thing and often ends badly.

Ferguson announcing that he was leaving Man Utd mid season being the biggest example I can recall (to the point where things took such a turn for the worse, he changed his mind and retracted the decision)

1 minute ago, Robster said:

The team knowing that a Manager is leaving is never a good thing and often ends badly.

Ferguson announcing that he was leaving Man Utd mid season being the biggest example I can recall (to the point where things took such a turn for the worse, he changed his mind and retracted the decision)

:thup: First thing that came to mind for me too.

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Leeds just can't defend crosses.

Just watch when Leeds defend a corner.  They all to a man are more concerned about hanging onto someone's neck or arm.  How they don't concede more penalties is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don’t Leeds also have a tendency to tail off in the 2nd half of the season under Biesla. They still have a squad largely of average Championship players outplaying their own ability. Things could quite easily fall apart for them.