Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

It’s going to be tight til the end probably. All the bottom teams are fighting, no towels have been thrown in. We’re 4pts above the bottom 3 but just 5 from 11th now. 

Just 5 from 11th, that’s mental.

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

They vowed to keep playing until Villa had a decent shot on target but just gave up I think

Won’t lie but that thought crossed my mind :lol: I mean, I was only half paying attention. Was there a major stoppage?

I'd say that, unlike the other teams in the bottom half, the last 6 games have shown that we're more capable of sustaining a run of decent form.

My sense is that Watford/Burnley/Everton/Brentford are not capable of doing that, but will pick up points between now and the end of the season

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's starting to look like teams have worked out how to play against Villa and they have no answer for it yet.

Did find it funny how Gerrard said he was going to look to make a load of changes after how bad they were against us, yet all he did was swap Ings in for Watkins

Guest neesy111
Just now, joeyt said:

Did find it funny how Gerrard said he was going to look to make a load of changes after how bad they were against us, yet all he did was swap Ings in for Watkins

Coutinho is off the boil as well.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Coutinho is off the boil as well.

You can't afford central players to go missing so often. Would be different if he played out wide and drifted in and out of games but he's exactly the type who won't put in the hard yards.

He will win games for Villa but it will be detrimental to their team IMO.

Watford have Man U away and Arsenal

home the next two. That win was massive for them. As if they lost, it would seem like the beginning of the end for them. 

Suddenly our next 5 fixtures look a bit more winnable, to me. Bar Chelsea and probably Southampton. I think we should be getting results from Brentford, Brighton and Everton.

EDIT: I didn’t realise Watford were playing midweek. Still, hard games after that, at least. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Watford have Man U away and Arsenal

home the next two. That win was massive for them. As if they lost, it would seem like the beginning of the end for them. 

Suddenly our next 5 fixtures look a bit more winnable, to me. Bar Chelsea and probably Southampton. I think we should be getting results from Brentford, Brighton and Everton.

We should be giving Southampton a game too, mind

Just now, toon25 said:

We should be giving Southampton a game too, mind

Oh for sure. We are solid now at the very least. Only conceded one or less per game since the hiding to City. But Southampton look really strong at home whenever I have seen them. 

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

City playing well but I can see this staying as it is

Title race is very much alive, even though most were saying it was over

We're only 17 behind if we win against Leeds tomorrow.