Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Burnley to lose definitely. The longer any teams below us go without getting points the better.

I know plenty of people are saying it doesn't matter what 'X' team does or we should be looking up not down but the fewer points those teams below us get the more relaxed I'll be.

Quite a quandary, as if you look at the table - 

Villa - 30 pts

Lei   -  27 pts

New - 25 pts

So a win for leicester would then create a phycological 'gap' of 5 points, which i feel we wouldn't want, however a draw, would then enable us to still be in touching distance of moving further up the table, and dependant on scores perhaps bring Leicester and Villa (and perhaps others) into the relegation battle.

I'm hoping for a draw, as that would be better for us as I see it.

win for leicester definetely, we need space between us the the teams below us! Couldn´t give a flying F*** about where we are in the league, just want to escape relegation...

Not going to fret on tonight's result. Brentford game was the first that I felt absolutely chill watching. Think we can take it positively - either Leicester concedes ground and we catch up, Burnley's relegation woes persist, or both lose points in a draw.

100% want Leicester to win, I don't really care if we finish 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, or 17th, as long as it's not any lower than that. Stay up this season, hopefully comfortable midtable next season (with no relegation worries), and then push on from there.

Another question - hypothetically, if Leicester had to win of their next two games, but lose the other, which would you prefer (they play Leeds at home on Saturday)?

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t understand anyone not wanting a Leicester win tbh.

Yeah, while we'll all have our preferences on who we'd like, we're certainly not in a position to be picking and choosing who we want to go down, yet. Fail to beat Brighton, Palace beat Stoke tonight then we're looking at 4 tricky away games in a row (Saints, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs), and while things are looking much better at the moment, and it's starting to look more unlikely that we'll go down, a few bad results on the trot, and that will start to change. 

I'll want every team currently below us to lose to every team currently above us until we're on 30 odd points and looking far more comfortable.

Sod that. A Burnley win and we are in touching distance of the top half. If Eddie is as good as he has shown he is so far we should be looking up not down.

We've shown enough form that things are now in our hands and we don't seem to have to rely on other results

As I said in the relegation thread the other day, only we can relegate us now, I don't care about those teams below us, especially not Burnley, I already think they'll be safe, I see a draw as the best outcome, it means we are still in striking distance of the teams above us and no one below us can catch us with the same amount of games played and the added bonus of Everton in the last relegation spot, it's up to us to maintain that gap with our performances. The higher we finish, the greater the confidence we have going into next season. I also think if Everton hit that bottom 3 they won't have the mental fortitude to get back out.

It needs to be a Leicester win tonight.

If as the season comes to and end and we are safe then we start looking for results with teams above us to go our way, right now we need the teams below us getting the minimum amount of points as possible.