Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

39 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Will snap your hand off for a draw. Tough game.

Been pondering the same since Everton. They're in form and better than Everton anyway, Gerrard is the real deal and worrying about an after the lord major's show effect. After today's results more inclined to take it than I was. Keeps momentum. Bit concerned actually.

That said a win would drastically change the relegation front.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

villa are a much improved and good side and have really come on even more under Gerrard, but we’re at home and Maxi is in unplayable form rn. 

I think a big part in ASM’s last match was Targett and we won’t see as much of a beast this match but I do think he’ll still be really good. 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

+our crowd and stadium atmosphere at the moment ja absolutely best in the league. 

This is hella true. The Liverpool match the other night gave the Highbury/Library a run for it’s money for worst atmosphere in the league. I’m so stoked to see our stadium fucking rocking every match now.

On 10/02/2022 at 20:01, WillingtonMag said:

Really shouldn't be worried too much about the its harsh to drop players arguement for me like. The club comes first and we need to select the best team available to win the game. Simply put are we more likely to win with Bruno starting or not? So start him no matter what for me. 

Perhaps you and many people in this forum still have illusions about the strength of the old Newcastle squad. When facing a stronger and more stable football team, Howe needs to choose good player to create a good team to win. Not using Bruno in place of Willock or Shelvey is a his mistake.

We have to be winning our home games, a draw won’t be the end of the world, but I’d hope Howe and the team will be looking at this and thinking we can and should be getting 3 points here and if we do, it will go a long long way to securing our safety and even maybe propel us towards finishing a few places higher towards mid-table. That now has to be the aim, Palace’s place basically. Look up, not down!

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We have to be winning our home games, a draw won’t be the end of the world, but I’d hope Howe and the team will be looking at this and thinking we can and should be getting 3 points here and if we do, it will go a long long way to securing our safety and even maybe propel us towards finishing a few places higher towards mid-table. That now has to be the aim, Palace’s place basically. Look up, not down!

Easier said than done, Villa are the real deal under gerrard and if trippier isn’t available then we lose both right backs and they will target them areas.

Villa are finding it easy to get 2 or 3 goals a game and we’re not so I’d be happy with a draw.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Easier said than done, Villa are the real deal under gerrard and if trippier isn’t available then we lose both right backs and they will target them areas.

Villa are finding it easy to get 2 or 3 goals a game and we’re not so I’d be happy with a draw.

They are not Man City, they concede goals and have a ropey (ish) record under Gerrard and especially at SJP in the PL era, yes they are doing better than under Smith and he has them far more attacking, but again they concede. We shouldn’t be afraid of them at all and should go out to get that win.

14 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They are not Man City, they concede goals and have a ropey (ish) record under Gerrard and especially at SJP in the PL era, yes they are doing better than under Smith and he has them far more attacking, but again they concede. We shouldn’t be afraid of them at all and should go out to get that win.

I just don’t see where our goals are coming from and think you’re in for a shock how good they’ll be today.

i hope I’m wrong though

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I just don’t see where our goals are coming from and think you’re in for a shock how good they’ll be today.

i hope I’m wrong though

It's match day, time to banish all pessimistic and negative thoughts and pull for a win irrespective of opposition!!

Yes I realise I'm flip flopping between emotions[emoji38]

7 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Been pondering the same since Everton. They're in form and better than Everton anyway, Gerrard is the real deal and worrying about an after the lord major's show effect. After today's results more inclined to take it than I was. Keeps momentum. Bit concerned actually.

That said a win would drastically change the relegation front.

They are in form? 5 points in their last 5 games. I wouldn’t call that being in form. We should really looking to win this game.

19 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It's match day, time to banish all pessimistic and negative thoughts and pull for a win irrespective of opposition!!

Yes I realise I'm flip flopping between emotions[emoji38]

My apologies, I’ll be optimistic so I think we’ll beat them 9 - 0 and to quote the great SBR “you can’t score any more than that”.

1 minute ago, Robster said:

We scored three just 5 days ago.

One being a fantastic free kick that don’t happen every game and one a crazy deflection - don’t expect that every game. Before the Everton game you have to go back to the 20th November against Brentford for the last time we scored more than one goal.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Villa look a decent side. I wouldn't shit the bed over them like.

I honestly hope you lot get to say I told you so and I look an idiot, I really do because if we win today I think we’re pretty much safe as this will go a long way towards it.