Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

Going with a 2-1 win.

Wood and Willock for us.

Would take a draw but we've gotta go for it at home. As someone said, I think Bruno would give us the edge if he starts and the crowd will be pua radge with the positive feeling at the moment.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

0-2.

Don't think I'd ever predict a win for Newcastle even if we were playing league 1 Sunderland with a team full of galacticos. It's the nufc way.

Need to change this mindset mind. That was then, this is a new era 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Coutinho getting space is my main concern, our midfield is still the worry.

You'd imagine Bruno would be perfect for disrupting him, protecting the back four and allowing us time to break away and attack

18 minutes ago, LV said:

Need to change this mindset mind. That was then, this is a new era 

I know, I always go in with an open mind and a quiet hope.

I was bolstered by the Everton game after feeling the good vibes in the ground but then I come on here and a week goes by and I develop a cautious negativity.

Defence mechanism.

13 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Taking a draw before the game? we're playing villa ffs not Man City. What kind of craic is that.

Because despite recent improvements we are still in a shit position and have won only 3 times all season ?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because despite recent improvements we are still in a shit position and have won only 3 times all season ?

If you take draws at home to bottom half teams you'll always be in a shit position. Not saying a draw would be the end of the world but saying you'd take one before the game is ridiculously negative they've just conceded 3 goals against Leeds.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

If you take draws at home to bottom half teams you'll always be in a shit position. Not saying a draw would be the end of the world but saying you'd take one before the game is ridiculously negative they've just conceded 3 goals against Leeds.

But this season is all about getting enough to survive and then we can build and look to every home game with more confidence. I agree tomorrow is winnable but it’s also understandable why people are cautious as well.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Agreed, we can win this and we should be looking to (I know EH will be). 

12 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Not when you're in the bottom half of the bottom, and they the top.

Fancy a draw for this.  Villa have been looking good, and we're obviously still limited. We should be def going for the win, but it'll be difficult. A draw wouldn't be too bad, they add up and important we're hard to beat, especially at home. A win would be a massive step and could signal we won't even be in a battle by the end of the season. I wouldn't take a draw, but realistically can't be too disappointed with it.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

50 minutes ago, GWN said:

Why? What happens if we don’t? 

Gotta didn't mean we are 2 points off relegation and it's the last game of the season. Jesus man. You in the mood to have it a one point difference at the end of the season.

Get the 3 when at home against a mid table team. That's all I am saying. 

Think there'll be goals in this. Villa like pushing the full backs on which will cause us problems especially down the right as I doubt ASM will stay with Cash. By contrast though if possession can get turned over there should be good counter attacking opportunities.