West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Cf said:

Bruno for Shelvey seems an obvious like for like change at some point. 

Don't think Shelvey has been quite as poor as some have made out. Made a few useful passes forward. Not been amazing or anything, but not the liability he can be at times. 

I know people want Bruno to come in and I'm sure he will eventually, but the efforts to make out Shelvey is playing badly are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The issue with that is Murphy is playing well where he is 

True. I don’t expect it to happen and it probably shouldn’t. Krafth has been really bad, though. Feels like he is a scapegoat at times. But not today. 

12 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'm not sure the cross was that bad. The first decent one Krafth has put in today. If that had fallen to any player other than Fraser they would have been able to get their head on it convincinly.

I was referring to the one by Fraser, got fortunate with the mistake Rice made

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

As always, the truth is somewhere in between. Think he has been too deep and back to his old ponderous self today. Not shite or anything and still working hard. Just basically offering nothing other than the short lay off to the CB or the odd sideways pass to Krafth. We don’t seem to get much going through the middle, other than second balls and Willock driving from deep. Not all on Shlevey, though. 

Good post 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Completely back in love with Newcastle actually thought I would never get back to this after the Ashley years ❤❤❤

Back in love with life. That first half actually exemplifies life in a way. Start out prepared for defeat and no disappointment, but the better it gets the more it will disappoint.

That's what football should do.